PDA

View Full Version : PC/PS2 (US/EU) Servers closing in March.

Pages : 1 [2]

cApNhOwDy
Jan 23, 2010, 06:50 AM
Thank god, it was a disgrace how they handled the game. Such a lackluster online game did not have the rights to charge a subscription fee. Paying a monthly fee for content that you already owned was a terribly lazy idea. It's a shame that Sega scammed as much money as they did. I consider every minute of my life playing PSU time that was wasted from my life that I will never be able to take back. At this point, the best thing that Sega could have done with PSU was shut it down so that it's playerbase can move onto the better Phantasy Star games. It's a shame that the 360 version didnt also get the axe, if you own a 360 you have at least 100 other much better games that you can play where you wont be charged a subscription fee.

W0LB0T
Jan 23, 2010, 06:55 AM
You know what the funny thing was. PS2/PC was the dominant force, before the Haxesa fiasco. Thats when everyone jumped ship.

Red Ring
Jan 23, 2010, 07:02 AM
You know what the funny thing was. PS2/PC was the dominant force, before the Haxesa fiasco. Thats when everyone jumped ship.

lol, god I hate 360. paying for live, failure rates, full of kids and casuals, limitded hardware usefulness besides games, buying additional junk for wireless connection, etc. I'm not a big fan of the PS3 or its games either but god... 360 gets worse and worse while PS3 becomes more and more reasonable. PC for life!

Hrith
Jan 23, 2010, 07:31 AM
I hope SEGA realizes this was their fault and learns from their mistakes, but I doubt it. I don't think I will play another Phantasy Star again unless we share servers with Japan.Very insightful remark, and quite my feeling.

The Japan team has done everything to kill the local servers, and then go: 'oh, no one's playing, let's close them'.
They have lost every ounce of respect I had for them. Customers have been insulted, over and over.

It is unfortunately true that they will not learn from their mistakes, because they don't give a fuck about the US or Europe, whereas the gaming population is proportionally twice what it is in Japan.

Retarded fucks.

Neith
Jan 23, 2010, 07:47 AM
Very insightful remark, and quite my feeling.

The Japan team has done everything to kill the local servers, and then go: 'oh, no one's playing, let's close them'.
They have lost every ounce of respect I had for them. Customers have been insulted, over and over.

It is unfortunately true that they will not learn from their mistakes, because they don't give a fuck about the US or Europe, whereas the gaming population is proportionally twice what it is in Japan.

Retarded fucks.

You can tell the end is nigh when I agree with you on something :wacko:

I've always pinned the blame for neglecting our servers on SoJ, not so much SoA. SoJ refused us content when we should have had it (lol Moatoob Relics 'not in GBR', same with Dark God), and it does feel like the western playerbase were treated as second-class (which is unsurprising in Japan I guess).

I'd like to think 'the next Phantasy Star will make up for PSU's failure', but ultimately I know SoJ will just do the same thing again.

Red Ring
Jan 23, 2010, 07:51 AM
I'm sick of waiting a year for PSP2 to come to the states not knowing if it's coming or not until they say so. Honestly, Sega is being really gay. Stop being gay, Sega. Sega's going on my do not buy list it seems.

SkywalkerPSO
Jan 23, 2010, 07:51 AM
It's sad to see PSU for PC/PS2 go, but I guess it's been on a downward spiral for SO long now what did I expect?!?! I've been a "loyal" Phantasy Star player since I first picked up my copy of PSO for Dreamcast.
I gave up on this game a few months ago, except for the occassional drop in and peek around. Guess I better get on and spend the few stacks of meseta I've been hoarding before it's too late!
Hope to see some old friends online before the bomb drops, if not....so long everyone!

Ithildin
Jan 23, 2010, 08:12 AM
I've just copied this from the official servers:

I haven't had the internet for a while so I've just seen the news. I have to say I'm totally gutted. I have had a GL recurring since PSU started for EU back in Dec 06. I didn't think this would happen for a while yet and there was still lots of things I wanted to do. I know that in my heart it would never be the same as it was when all my friends left but I have a new bunch of pals now and they will be sadly missed too. Its a real shame and I kinda feel atm that I have been a bit neglected by SEGA for all my support for this game over the past few years. PSU will always remain a favourite game of mine, I have some great memories of playing with my good friends from my PSO days. I will be 360 now but who knows how long that will last?

I just want to add that I am really dissapointed in SEGA. This is the first time I have really said this. I have been quite supportive of you in the past but this really is a saddening kick in the teeth. So long psu pc/ps2 it was a blast while it lasted. I really cant see there being much success in the next psu game on a major console. It just didn't work out for psu.

Neith
Jan 23, 2010, 08:45 AM
I know that in my heart it would never be the same as it was when all my friends left but I have a new bunch of pals now and they will be sadly missed too.

There's still a little time before the shutdown- maybe get contact details for your friends on PSU and/or follow them to another game? Most of the people I played with on PC/PS2 I've tried to keep in contact with outside of the game and we're trying to find a game to move to now. Maybe you should consider the same? Just a suggestion really, if they're your friends then try not to lose contact with them once PSU shuts down.

D1ABOLIK
Jan 23, 2010, 09:34 AM
I know PS2 players dont want to hear this, but this is a good thing. The PS2 has held this game back for long enough. By doing this they can really improve PSU, or simply just get the next PS installment out on the PS3 / 360 / PC.

Krupp
Jan 23, 2010, 10:18 AM
Dropping just PS2 support would have just been fine for most people. But since they dropped the entire server and took the PC players along with it, it's not really a good thing necessarily :/.

D1ABOLIK
Jan 23, 2010, 11:18 AM
Dropping just PS2 support would have just been fine for most people. But since they dropped the entire server and took the PC players along with it, it's not really a good thing necessarily :/.

Your right, but somehow I think the PC players will get something. I think the main goal is to just drop PS2. Hopefully there is a plan in the works for PC.

Meyfei
Jan 23, 2010, 11:18 AM
I dont get this, Microsoft supports PC's and Xbox. Why in the heck is a PC sided with a playstation, yet not the Xbox? i've never understood that.

:/ and another idea to transfer account data to Xbox server wouldnt work on two factors. Sega wouldnt do it for free, and some kind of bullpoo about the server fussing.

Split
Jan 23, 2010, 12:33 PM
It was much sadder when this was happening to PSO, to me this is just a chance for them to make a new and much better start

Red Ring
Jan 23, 2010, 12:36 PM
there were so many great mmos coming out when they had psobb open still that i remember telling myself hell no im not paying to play pso when i played it on dreamcast so long ago. now that i look back on it i kind of wish i had. i remember playing a beta or trial of it though.

PepperCat
Jan 23, 2010, 12:38 PM
I posted this on the official forums, felt like it should be said here as well...

I find it entertaining to see f2p mmo's from rookie game developers doing better than SEGA ever has.
Then again SEGA has always had a hard time opening their eyes to the world around them. Being unable to do so will probably keep them from being titans in the industry ever again.

I find this hilarious as well, they develop such an amazing game and give it ****-poor management.

The story mode had the lunga level and the tank level, did we ever see those online?

They make a decent story mode to the game, get us all excited about that then take ages to release the content.

WORST. MANAGEMENT. EVER.

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/2996/segaiamdisappoint.gif (http://img96.imageshack.us/i/segaiamdisappoint.gif/)

Xefi
Jan 23, 2010, 12:51 PM
It was much sadder when this was happening to PSO, to me this is just a chance for them to make a new and much better start

Yeah, i hope they're moving on the right track next time around. It's disheartening
to see PSU falls.

@PepperCat: nice picture! lol.

DAMASCUS
Jan 23, 2010, 03:39 PM
This got me thinking about the character transfer option from PSP1. It would be nice to at least preserve one character but maybe the facsimile is not all that great?

I've resurrected my main character 3 times already; 4 counting PS0. I look forward to being able to create him on the next game. I just hope it won't be too long.

I guess thats the big problem. If they do continue on the JP PSU side it may be awhile before they even consider implementing the next one over there and then we'll get it half a year afterward. We will probably have to wait until...sometime in 2012 at least.

Thats a long wait...*sigh*

Ruru
Jan 23, 2010, 03:49 PM
I know PS2 players dont want to hear this, but this is a good thing. The PS2 has held this game back for long enough. By doing this they can really improve PSU, or simply just get the next PS installment out on the PS3 / 360 / PC.

They're only killing PS2 side outside of Japan.

How is killing PS2 off outside of japan going to help them improve this game when the Japanese STILL play it on PS2?

The only reason they're killing our PC/PS2 servers is because SoA is losing money on us. This won't help them with anything except for money losses. PSU is already at the end of its lifespan.

biggabertha
Jan 23, 2010, 04:51 PM
I wonder how it's possible to make something for a small group of people that they both love and loathe yet at the same time, manage to make those people unsatisfied no matter what they do.

Or well... lack thereof...

Sega really are the first to do things - they released a Game Gear that is basically something like a PSP in terms of strength and battery drainage. I mean... it was way ahead of it's time.

Same can be said about things like the Dreamcast and Shenmue. Huge, colossal investments of capital just to be left partway done. (And then they go and release Ryo Hazuki in a racing game to get fans wet...)

Sega are really good for making their loyal fans bend over backwards - just like Nintendo are.

Too bad we're just used to treatment from Sony and Microsoft otherwise those two old giants might have gotten away with it.

Rubius-sama
Jan 23, 2010, 05:11 PM
March 31st? They sure picked a bad day for a serious event. It would be pretty nasty if they came out the next day and told you it was all a joke.

D1ABOLIK
Jan 23, 2010, 05:28 PM
They're only killing PS2 side outside of Japan.

How is killing PS2 off outside of japan going to help them improve this game when the Japanese STILL play it on PS2?

The only reason they're killing our PC/PS2 servers is because SoA is losing money on us. This won't help them with anything except for money losses. PSU is already at the end of its lifespan.

I had a brain spasm and forgot it was just US / EU servers. Personally I think they should either dump PS2 worldwide and really improve PSU, or put all focus towards the next installment to be released on PS3 as well as 360 / PC. Probably the later as it is probably too late for PSU.

Packrat
Jan 23, 2010, 07:10 PM
This is terrible ;_; but I have to agree that a lot of what held it back was the PS2.

Without having the ability to store updates they were forced to put all the content on the disc and "unlock" it bit by bit. The game itself feels designed for a console, not a PC.

I haven't played in over a year but this is quite sad. I had a lot of fun (as long as I could find a party). Farewell PSU ;_;

Chozobill
Jan 23, 2010, 08:58 PM
It's always sad when a server closes. I admittedly didn't get far into PSU on PS2, but I loved the game. Just knowing it is gone makes me sad. I've played phantasy star games online off and on over the years, and knowing PSU was always option was comforting. I guess I could pick it up for 360, but I'll probably just keep playing Zero and PS: portable.

I hope the vague tease at the end of the announcement is for a rebirth of PSO on a console, and not just PSP2. Zero is a fun game, but it's interface limitations (especially for forces) makes me wish it was on the Wii or something.

Ranji
Jan 23, 2010, 09:29 PM
Oh hell... I caved and got a sub if for no other reason than to view the final days.... out of curiosity though, which server do you guys tend to congregate on PC wise?? Only level 5 right now, but I'll likely spend alot of time grinding while I get over mono.... ID is EU (dunno why, I'm US, but w/e) 20053028

Meyfei
Jan 24, 2010, 12:14 AM
methinks SoA/E should have put more effort into adding their own updates inbetween what content they were waiting to receive, either that or demand that they get the updates soon or file a lawsuit, of what kind i dont know but somethings fishy :/

Deadlycruow
Jan 24, 2010, 12:53 AM
lmfao , nice bro! True dat!

Kion
Jan 24, 2010, 07:50 AM
I`m relieved. It`s never been certain of the fate of the NA servers. Will Sega come through? The answer is a resounding "no!". Seems pretty stupid. What reason is there to log hunt for runs and leveling when the servers on going down, when you could be using the same time to get started over on 360?

As for me I`ve learned my leason; wait for the next installment and buy the japanese version.

ChibiBecca
Jan 24, 2010, 12:42 PM
not sure why sega is acting all excited for the future. handheld games are so tiny on the screen and cramping on the hands. :/

Alamar
Jan 24, 2010, 01:20 PM
This is terrible ;_; but I have to agree that a lot of what held it back was the PS2

That is total BS and gives Sega A BS excuse. How come PS2 did not "hold back" FF11? They(game) have 500,000 users with 2 million characters as of right now. It was released on the PS2 first in JP then the PC. In the US it was opposite with the 360 being last. They have had expansions etc. So why did the PS2 "hold back" this game? Square dealt with it still are. Had nothing to do with the PS2 and everything to so with Sega's practice.
1) Seperate servers
2) No customer support
3) One expansion in 3 years while Square had one practically every year.
4) Making more PS titles instead of fully supporting this one.
You need to obviously update a game. Players will finish content rather fast. If you do not then this game is the result. I am tired of hearing this "PS2 held the game back" bs.
It is apparent they want to make "paper plate" games. Toss after use then make more.
Sega needs stick to Offline games their mind set is stuck in that mode any way. They have no clue compared to other companies on how to support a game correctly.

Xx Fallen Angel xX
Jan 24, 2010, 01:32 PM
That's really sad news for the PS2/PC players. I wonder when the 360 servers are getting shut down ?

Cranberry
Jan 24, 2010, 01:40 PM
Probably on March 31st 2011 when they realize they're still a year behind the JP in updates.

Ash1ey
Jan 24, 2010, 01:44 PM
FF11 didn't hold back the ps2 because of the hardrive. PSU didn't support the hardrive because sony cut the support for that. New slim ps2 models don't support it (officially)

GlacialTerror
Jan 24, 2010, 01:47 PM
That is total BS and gives Sega A BS excuse. How come PS2 did not "hold back" FF11? They(game) have 500,000 users with 2 million characters as of right now. It was released on the PS2 first in JP then the PC. In the US it was opposite with the 360 being last. They have had expansions etc. So why did the PS2 "hold back" this game? Square dealt with it still are. Had nothing to do with the PS2 and everything to so with Sega's practice.
1) Seperate servers
2) No customer support
You need to obviously update a game. Players will finish content rather fast. If you do not then this game is the result. I am tired of hearing this "PS2 held the game back" bs.
It is apparent they want to make "paper plate" games. Toss after use then make more.
Sega needs stick to Offline games their mind set is stuck in that mode any way. They have no clue compared to other companies on how to support a game correctly.

One of the big reasons that the ps2 "heldback" PSU and not as much FFXI is the lack of hard drive support. The ps2's hard drive had been dropped by the time PSU came out. This greatly hindered what kind of updates the game could receive. Just look at when the JP servers got all those items from PSP and PSP2 as downloaded items, where the ps2 couldn't due to everything having to fit on the memory card.

Kasugano
Jan 24, 2010, 04:40 PM
Well, as some people already said, this was going to happen, even the most hardcore psu veterans got bored and our server is way outdated compared to japanese ones, if this is not enough we got hands on the finest Error 192 ("Fraudulent transactions") and 060 (AKA "You dont need to play this week")... I think is more "human" to put the server out of his misery now, not serving a meaningless event and then kick everyone's butt and say "Thank you for playing"! Bah, to think i will lose my Gudda Skella 50%...

Merging with pc/ps2 japan server?! Unlikely
Merging with xbox servers?! Its more easy a meteor hit earth and bring extinction on all life here.

Vickie
Jan 24, 2010, 04:45 PM
maybe Diablo 3 might have something to do with it, isnt that coming soon for pc

Allison_W
Jan 24, 2010, 06:32 PM
maybe Diablo 3 might have something to do with it, isnt that coming soon for pc

lolno

Blizzard's 2010 lineup doesn't have Diablo III listed, putting it in 2011 at the earliest. It doesn't even have a projected release year yet, let alone release date. And when a release date finally comes, you can expect plenty of delays after that.

So Diablo III has absolutely nothing to do with this.

xjustsumloser
Jan 24, 2010, 06:44 PM
sucks yes, but glad to see the PS2 version go. It was useless and just released to make a quick buck.

Ruru
Jan 24, 2010, 06:50 PM
sucks yes, but glad to see the PS2 version go. It was useless and just released to make a quick buck.

Someone needs to do a little research.

This game was made to be released on the PS2. The only reason it was a bad decision was because halfway during developement, Sony decided to quit making the HDD. If Sega had the guts to shell out the money necesarry to continue production of the HDD or decided to do what was smarter and hold off on releasing it until it was made to work for the PS3, it never would have been a problem.

You cannot blame the PS2 for Sega's lack of competence. It's not the PS2's fault that this game was "held" back. It's segas fault for terrible programming and even worse decision making.

redroses
Jan 24, 2010, 06:56 PM
It sounds like 65% of the people don't seem to understand that only the US/EU servers of PC/PS2 are closing.

All of you being happy that the PS2 service is gone, are forgetting that the Japanese servers are still supporting the PS2version of the game.
There especially won't be any exclusive downloads for the Xbox360, that the Japanese servers doesn't have.

Keilyn
Jan 24, 2010, 07:50 PM
1) Seperate servers
2) No customer support

The bottom line is the PC/PS2 servers will be going soon. If you like the game, play in Xbox360 or PSU-JPN. If you dont like it, then you can always leave the game altogether or play PSP II. The choice is yours.

End of Story. Your opinion doesn't change the fact the servers are going down. If you want to try the supp update and a currently updated PSU, that is what PSU-JPN and PSP II are for. Good Luck.

Cranberry
Jan 24, 2010, 08:00 PM
I think I'll be doing the option Keilyn didn't mention - the offline mode.

Given my current situation, it really is the best optionf or me.

xjustsumloser
Jan 24, 2010, 08:17 PM
How many people here are going to be heading over to the 360 servers? Do you plan to migrate before or after the closure?

I have always been a 360 player, but I haven't been subscribed since the carnival IIRC. I wouldn't mind coming back to help out some people in the lvling up process and make some new PSO world friends. It will be better in the long run to have only one server/platform for the game that is cross region.

Please post in here what your plans are.

Totori
Jan 24, 2010, 09:01 PM
How many people here are going to be heading over to the 360 servers? Do you plan to migrate before or after the closure?

I have always been a 360 player, but I haven't been subscribed since the carnival IIRC. I wouldn't mind coming back to help out some people in the lvling up process and make some new PSO world friends. It will be better in the long run to have only one server/platform for the game that is cross region.

Please post in here what your plans are.

I plan to move over after the shutdown I like PSU so it's not that bad to start over although it is annoying.

My GT is Manamaster544, 1300+ hrs down the drain.....U.U

Long live PSU

SEGA aka: Screwing Every Gamer Again...continuously

Ranmo
Jan 24, 2010, 09:56 PM
I also wouldnt mind helping some people out and making friends in the process. Especially with an event coming up. Anyone who is considering joining the 360 servers send me a PM or comment thingy

DAMASCUS
Jan 24, 2010, 10:10 PM
There especially won't be any exclusive downloads for the Xbox360, that the Japanese servers doesn't have.

An excellent and sad reminder. Moving to the Xbox won't be much better for long either.

The only option for fanatics is to go to the Japanese PC servers for the last year(?).

Criss
Jan 24, 2010, 10:12 PM
I'm disappointed. After so long without updates, just as we could see that the best was to come, they decide to just pull the plug. If they weren't even gonna keep the servers up, they shouldn't have bothered with MAG+. It's like giving you an entrée, but never letting you touch the main meal.

Sega's handling of the english side of PSU really was a horrible mess from start to finish. Now that Sega's a great publisher for a lot of 3rd party developpers with great games (Bayonetta, AvP, etc), I can only hope they'll get one of their talented developer partners to work on the next true online Phantasy Star.

Rest in peace, PSU. May Sega give your successors the attention you deserved.

GeoSword
Jan 24, 2010, 10:35 PM
I'm confused. So is this just PSU by itself? or is it PSU + AOTI expansion? If it is, well then I just payed for a game that it practically useless to me.

Professor Xavier
Jan 24, 2010, 10:40 PM
The only question left for Edward at SEGA is. I the decision final?

Then a petition to let PC/PS2 players play free one the 360 version if they move now. Until the PS2/PC version closes. Then charge them. They should be allowed to recoop some of what was taken away. SEGA needs to SOMETHING positive. Or all confidence in the 360 version will be GONE!!

Cranberry
Jan 24, 2010, 10:41 PM
Another thing that is irronic is that JP PSO Blue Burst has outlived the english PSU server. Kind of... sad really.

LanCow13
Jan 24, 2010, 10:43 PM
i wonder would it be possible for them to just transfer our characters over with all our PA arts and just gib each player 10M to start on xbox long as i have my PA levels i wouldnt mind playin on 360 i hate leveling PAs

Powder Keg
Jan 24, 2010, 11:10 PM
i wonder would it be possible for them to just transfer our characters over with all our PA arts and just gib each player 10M to start on xbox long as i have my PA levels i wouldnt mind playin on 360 i hate leveling PAs

That will be the hardest part. Leveling up is easy, getting equipment is easy for the most part (a lot of things are pretty much worthless in shops minus a few things), but leveling PAs is brutal.

Krupp
Jan 24, 2010, 11:12 PM
It sounds like 65% of the people don't seem to understand that only the US/EU servers of PC/PS2 are closing.

All of you being happy that the PS2 service is gone, are forgetting that the Japanese servers are still supporting the PS2version of the game.

I don't understand why people are happy the PS2 service is closing either, especially since many of them also think that Sega will have lots more resources to direct toward a new game as well... NA PS2/PC is the only server going down at this time, and right till the end of the game all the content we were getting updates for was already in our discs pretty much and was being unlocked little by little. It was not in the way for developing another game as proven, PSZ and PSP2 which released in Japan during the server's lifespan. Sega did not care if either of those games took players away from this one. Those who view at the our small and seldom maintained server as a real obstacle before making a new game have very strange judgment to say the least.

I didn't even know PSOBB JP servers were still active until recently, its sad to hear that this server is going out before those are. =.=;;

roardova lengths
Jan 25, 2010, 12:58 AM
The thing I find funny about the lil stuff that I did read was, "...We regret to announce that..." No yall don't; know yall are lying sacks of the things that come out of humans as waste. Know that's a lie... XD

Robert_Garcia
Jan 25, 2010, 01:04 AM
Well ain't that a bitch. I was hoping to actually get PSU for my PC and play.

I guess I'll have to either hunt for a 360 version or wait for private servers. =(

roardova lengths
Jan 25, 2010, 01:09 AM
Well ain't that a bitch. I was hoping to actually get PSU for my PC and play.

I guess I'll have to either hunt for a 360 version or wait for private servers. =(

With private servers, do we keep our characters from the current accounts?

Krupp
Jan 25, 2010, 01:17 AM
No you don't as they would have no way of obtaining that data since its saved server side.

Zeek123
Jan 25, 2010, 01:27 AM
No you don't as they would have no way of obtaining that data since its saved server side.

Yeah. It's not like Sega would say "Hey! Since you're stealing our code, here's everyone's account numbers and credit card info! Knock yourselves out!

But seriously, if there's private servers somewhere down the line, they're sure to be tampered with. IE, boosted exp. and drop rates. PA too. It's sure to be more fun than PSO's private server. Please don't burn me for that.

roardova lengths
Jan 25, 2010, 01:32 AM
No burning necessary Zeek; but if the private servers ever show up. How do I find out about them? Cause I would definitely enjoy the boosts...

Overlord Chan
Jan 25, 2010, 01:36 AM
No burning necessary Zeek; but if the private servers ever show up. How do I find out about them? Cause I would definitely enjoy the boosts...

Learn the ways of the G O O G L E, you can even find kitties on it to!

roardova lengths
Jan 25, 2010, 02:11 AM
I don't mess with kitties, I'm a person of no animals at all... But when it surfaces, can someone be a doll & post it; thanks...

Ranji
Jan 25, 2010, 03:24 AM
Umm sorry to burst your bubble, but to put it simply....NO.

Even talking about P servers has been known to incur the wrath of... individuals. We refer to them occasionally, but we aren't even allowed to mention the names (think board even censors it). You will have to do as was said and learn to put your "goggles" on to look for the hidden gems of the nets

Professor Xavier
Jan 25, 2010, 04:17 AM
PSU R.I.P. Not, here come Bill Gates protecting 360 players!!

LOL!

SabZero
Jan 25, 2010, 04:18 AM
I pre-ordered Star Trek online. Guess I'll start playing it in late March/beginning of April.

Ruru
Jan 25, 2010, 05:16 AM
I'm confused. So is this just PSU by itself? or is it PSU + AOTI expansion? If it is, well then I just payed for a game that it practically useless to me.

PSU = both the original and the expansion AotI.
If you have it on 360 you're safe (for now), but if you bought it for PS2 or PC you're screwed.

milka
Jan 25, 2010, 08:44 AM
Yeah it's been fun, but it's time to put the poor thing out of its misery. Thanks for keeping me entertained for several thousand hours in the past 3 years ._.

Loveeeeeeeeee you allllllllllllllllllll!!

Best moments ever....

CaptainPlanet
Jan 25, 2010, 09:38 AM
A lot of you might not agree with this in full, but this could be a blessing in disguise for PSU. By creating this bottleneck to only allow online play for the XBox 360, perhaps the 360 servers will pick up a lot of the traffic from the PC/PS2 servers who still want to remain loyal to the PSU experience and, hopefully, this will create a sort of "merger" of the two server populations and seriously hike up the overall population on the 360 servers. Most of us have at least one next-gen console by now, unless you're strictly a PC gamer, and the 360 is a pretty popular system (PS3 fanboys don't maul me please). Think of it, if there were enough dedicated PSU players involved in this exodus from the PC/PS2 servers to the 360, there might actually be enough people to have a decent MMO experience.

This may seem like a desperate suggestion to "beat the dead horse" but I haven't played PSU online in a couple years. I almost joined on the 360 once, but never got around to it. Honestly though, if the 360 population jumps up high enough after the PC/PS2 servers shut down, I might actually consider joining on the 360 as well. :)

I mean, come on. SEGA might even turn a profit if this unlikely exodus occurs. Even SEGA isn't stupid enough to pull the plug on their own personal piggy bank... are they?

And didn't they say something in that announcement about continuing to support updates on the 360 even after the PC/PS2 servers are down? What's that all about? I thought the story was finished. Would they really consider continuing to add more content? Perhaps they are thinking the exodus might happen as well...

Ezodagrom
Jan 25, 2010, 09:53 AM
And didn't they say something in that announcement about continuing to support updates on the 360 even after the PC/PS2 servers are down? What's that all about? I thought the story was finished. Would they really consider continuing to add more content? Perhaps they are thinking the exodus might happen as well...
The Japanese PC/PS2 version is around 10 months to 1 year ahead the NA/EU versions in terms of content updates. By continuing to support updates on the XBox360 they meant the updates that the JP version already got long ago.

Kion
Jan 25, 2010, 10:37 AM
As the xbox 360 servers have gotten updates as the same time as ps2/pc, i have the feeling that 360 will continue to be neglected; unless Edward`s next announcement is a schedule outlining planned updates for 2010.

W0LB0T
Jan 25, 2010, 10:40 AM
One thing that realy helped with PS2/PC's demise was that they never even attempeted to attract new players. They could have put the game up on steam with a free online trial, which would have been a great way to attract new players.

Ranji
Jan 25, 2010, 01:03 PM
Sega actually expects a mass exodus to the 360 servers when we already know they aren't going to allow anyone to carry over any of their data, huh.... This is also the same company who expected this game to have even greater longevity and popularity than PSO did.... I have but one thing to say Captain....

I'll believe that when me shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet.

-Ryuki-
Jan 25, 2010, 01:17 PM
While I'm sad to hear about the closing of the servers, I will be back on PSU after 2 years of absence to make up for lost time. It will be a short two months, but hopefully we can make some memories.

desturel
Jan 25, 2010, 01:34 PM
The problem with moving data from PC to Xbox would be that Xbox data is linked to the Xbox Live gamertag. There's no way for them to automatically migrate the account data because of that. What they would need to do is have the users setup new Xbox 360 accounts, then go to a conversion website and enter in their PC information and xbox live tag. After that a manual conversion would need to be completed on the server end (sure they could script it, but there would likely be troubles which would require manually overseeing the migration). For some reason I don't get the feeling that they would be willing to devote that much manpower to a conversion.

Ezodagrom
Jan 25, 2010, 01:44 PM
While I'm sad to hear about the closing of the servers, I will be back on PSU after 2 years of absence to make up for lost time. It will be a short two months, but hopefully we can make some memories.
It'll be nice seeing you online again. ;p

Fyrin
Jan 25, 2010, 01:49 PM
This game will most definitely be missed. A lot of good memories.

DarkShadowX
Jan 25, 2010, 02:08 PM

It'll be nice to see you again after so long. I myself will be coming back from a long absence for these last 2 months.

Gonna take plenty of photos and memories with me.

Endykins
Jan 25, 2010, 02:31 PM
Huh, so it finally happened.

ShinAnt
Jan 25, 2010, 02:37 PM
Looks like a ton of old peeps are coming back for the end days. This will be an interesting send off.

ThaiSoup
Jan 25, 2010, 02:44 PM
Well, if PSP2 was never announced. I would probably be very sad right now. Though I will miss randomly reactivating and playing for a month or two on a whim. Though, I enjoyed the time spent as I meet some good friends VIA PSU.

2 Cents: Data transfer would not be that hard.

ThePendragon
Jan 25, 2010, 02:59 PM
PS2 version should never have existed in the first place and is the source of nearly all of the woes of PSU overall. PSU owes most of it's fail to the idiocy of having made this a last gen game in the first place.

-Ryuki-
Jan 25, 2010, 03:00 PM
@Ezo and Dark~
Looking forward to seeing you guys in-game. =x

Ezodagrom
Jan 25, 2010, 03:29 PM
PS2 version should never have existed in the first place and is the source of nearly all of the woes of PSU overall. PSU owes most of it's fail to the idiocy of having made this a last gen game in the first place.
PSU was originally made for the PS2 and was unveiled back in 2004, 1 year before the PS3 was revealed. So, when it started being developed, PS2 was current gen. x-x

RadiantLegend
Jan 25, 2010, 03:30 PM
ryuki returns, I wonder how many old friends will be able to make it back. Good times.

Akaimizu
Jan 25, 2010, 03:31 PM
Definitely some news. To a certain degree, I do feel quite a few of us saw it coming. But not to guess how early it would be. It is a strict reminder that I should try to, at least, finish off my achievements and such while the 360 version is still around. In my previous plays, I've had some nice times in it, met some fun people. Got some nice inspiration to keep my creative juices flowing. Yes, I'm on the 360; but news of a closing of Phantasy Star content, certainly is saddening. Still, I guess for me, one of the nice benefits of my time in PSU, was meeting certain folk with which I still keep in touch with outside of PSU. I guess that could be the same for PSZ, and a growing group for PSP2.

As with some folks, I also probably would be hit harder by this if it weren't for Sega making PSO and PSU-originated games that will last as long as you find time to play them. (Notably, the portable releases). And of course, PSO still being alive. I also probably would be hit harder by the news if I wasn't on other online games that already had to shut down. I've been orphaned from some others, in the past, so I know I'm numbed to that stuff. Especially since so many *unseen* awesome things have come out after each time it's happened to me.

Ryoten
Jan 25, 2010, 06:09 PM
Damn, this blows after 2 years of enjoying hunts & having fun online with friends. Never going to forget you guys after this. But all & all, it was fun while it lasted. Everyone here should get together for a final meet & greet before the servers are down.

AweOfShe
Jan 25, 2010, 07:12 PM
Huh... while I haven't played the game in awhile, it's sad to see these servers end. I think I'll hop on for the last two months to see the game off and take a shiatload of screens, and hopefully see a bunch of people I haven't played with or talked to for awhile.

Cranberry
Jan 25, 2010, 10:06 PM
I'm beginning to get ready for offline PSU. Could someone tell me, it it possible to get the female bikini swimwear in offlline mode? I found a reference for the male version but not the female. But that seems odd to me that they'd have male offline but not female.

Lance813
Jan 25, 2010, 10:24 PM
About damn time.

I like how they are pulling an Episode 1&2 on this whole operation...

Retehi
Jan 25, 2010, 10:51 PM
If my character didn't explode, I might check it. I haven't played since well before AoTI came out.

blazingsonic
Jan 25, 2010, 11:02 PM
About damn time.

I like how they are pulling an Episode 1&2 on this whole operation...

T_T Ouch.

majorgamer55
Jan 25, 2010, 11:20 PM
wow this crap was still going? I stopped playing it when i saw only 30 people online two years ago and 29 of them were total douches kicking me when i joined the room. Im glad its dying, although it already had some massive cancer. Bring out some good ol PSO and murder this PSU bullcrap.
P.s. look me up guys in ps0 guays.. :)

Foxfire15
Jan 25, 2010, 11:37 PM
Well, kinda saw this coming. When i quit a few months back, it was already pretty dead. Guess this just finalizes things. I just wish there was a way to DL the patches and my character so I could enjoy the game offline on my own time a bit.

Cranberry
Jan 26, 2010, 12:52 AM
I find this article really irronic:

http://www.pso-world.com/psu.php

So many promises... so much unfullfilled. Especially the part where "SEGA has commented that they will support PSU for many years after it's release."

And where's all these vehicles they promised us so we don't have to walk everywhere...?

Kylie
Jan 26, 2010, 06:40 AM
Wow, I hoped I would get to try out the supplemental update on the NA/EU servers. I really wanted PSU to make a comeback. I should have known though... All the signs were pointing to this, and we talked about this day coming for a while. Sad to see it here, but I can't say I'm surprised or truly said. I will miss PSU for what it was, but I guess the truth is that is long gone anyone. So long~

Will_Nonheim
Jan 26, 2010, 10:17 AM
...Well, y'know what? I don't mind. :D

I've done what I wanted on these servers, I've reached my objectives. MAG+ is now of little relevance to me, so I'll just do other things with my free time instead. It should be more productive...

All I can hope for now, is that the next generation of PS online games will be an improvement. In gameplay slightly, sure-- but moreso in handling by SEGA. 'Til then-- it's been a blast, everyone. :3

Calsetes
Jan 26, 2010, 11:36 AM
Man, it sucks that it's getting shut down. Hopefully, in a year or three, maybe we'll see a private server for PSU PC pop up (though I think it'll be a bit longer than that - whenever the 360 version dies out is probably when they'll start working on one.)

And I never did get my Killer Elite...

desturel
Jan 26, 2010, 11:40 AM

There's still plenty of time to get a KE if you were really worried about it.

Ezodagrom
Jan 26, 2010, 12:09 PM
Man, it sucks that it's getting shut down. Hopefully, in a year or three, maybe we'll see a private server for PSU PC pop up (though I think it'll be a bit longer than that - whenever the 360 version dies out is probably when they'll start working on one.)

Or hopefully, in 1 to 3 years, there will be a new better online phantasy star game. o:

Sol_B4dguy
Jan 26, 2010, 02:21 PM
Knew it was coming eventually, but I'm still a little sad to see it go. The servers were practically ghost towns when I left. Looks like I'll be coming back on the 29th to see what I missed and to pay my farewells.

To long nights of RARZ hunts, epic spam, 4chan floor, and good friends.

Svaltus
Jan 26, 2010, 02:52 PM
Not surprise about this!

Sega have total blame! Events and updates taking long time for coming and stupid billing site refused credit cards to many peoples!

I Would create one account in x360, but i have loved play now Final Fantasy XI Ultimate Collection(x360) a is great game online, for this i will not back for PSU.

For my Friends!

Good bye PSU!

BWS-1
Jan 26, 2010, 08:33 PM
Or hopefully, in 1 to 3 years, there will be a new better online phantasy star game. o:

The only way I see that happen is SEGA sticking to TODAY'S vision of online console gaming and maybe apply it for TOMORROW'S online gaming for PC.

For example. Borderlands. Sure, those are different games altogether, gameplay-wise, but hey, I can make a character offline, stay offline, or play in LAN if I bring my console over at a friend's place even. Hell, I can eventually connect and use THAT SAME CHARACTER (omg) and join games and meet people, exchange their info and gather a pile of ''partner cards'' (read: gamertags/PSN IDs) where - better than in PSU where you ONLY see when your ''partner'' is on PSU but see when your ''partner'' is online PERIOD - I can request if he'd want to join you in for a game of Borderlands no matter what my ''partner'' happens to be doing at the moment!

O and, between PSU and Borderlands.. Borderlands' gaming areas are much bigger... hmm, I guess that makes it seem like it shouldn't be an issue in FUTURE PS games since, after all, PSU WAS pretty much a ''PS2 game ported to PC and 360'' with it's ''slightly above average'' dreamcast graphics

Speaking of graphics, I must say, it WAS an improvement over PSO ver2 on Dreamcast, so I can only hope it gets better! even though PSU is waayy under on so many levels you wouldn't have expected it to be: detailed character/monster shadows and TECHNIC/Telepipe effects downgrade from gamecube PSO anyone? Well... that shows it had to deal with PS2 memory, I just expected it would have the option on PC to render what you want. Nevertheless, it isn't like the graphic issue is one, really, we don't play it for the graphics, but still, it's a noticeable ''dent''.

The other difference - ''data handling''-wise - between Borderlands (sorry, I'm stuck to that one, what can I say, been playing both PSU and Borderlands A LOT) and PSU is that PSU has those huge chatting lobbies.

Those ''lobbies'' are, in a sense, obsolete. BUT I can understand it would be taking a HUGE part off the PS series if they'd strip it out. You only really pay for that; the ability to chat with people who are connected to the game right now, in-game.

Remove that ''constraint'' and you have ultimate freedom, but granted, less of a PS game. Yet PS:P and PS:P2 seem to work remarkably well with a formula around those lines; yes you have chatting lobbies in PS:P2, but it's nothing like the size of a server, it's much smaller and convenient enough to be taken cared of in Ad-hoc or Infrastructure. I see SEGA improving here..

Yet think about it, if, they manage to implement IN-GAME in, say, PSUX (sux, haha - no - no pun was intended here, move along), a lobby which connects to Xbox LIVE or PSN and has it so that people connected playing PSUX can have that same PSO/PSU feel, without the use of a server. And not have to rely on a company to have your character data because, guess what! You can play your character offline, online or LAN with them! Hell, while you're at it, you could even see your friends connected to Xbox LIVE or PSN which AREN'T playing PSUX as ''their PSUX main character sitting in front of a TV playing a game/watching a movie/browsing''. You could still visit their room and whatnot, send them message VIA in-game simple-mail which could be received as a message VIA Xbox LIVE or PSN to reach them out and go ''*poke* hey you, wanna come play PSUX instead?''.

Flawless method, everyone wins, nobody ever loses their characters, you can play until the end of times.... wait... except... SEGA doesn't... get to abuse the fan-base by formatting everyone's characters from one generation of game to another in order to finance their ''constantly in late-beta phase experiment*'' they dare call ''complete and different PSO/U games/expansions''.

Darn, I guess that means this plan isn't flawless after all. Honestly I think they WOULD win in the ''let's keep it simple and UNRESTRICTIVE'' way. How much do big games make by allowing such freedom? How much do well done co-op oriented games make? A lot. PSU was a well done co-op oriented adventure game; a poorly managed one given - for what it is - you have to pay for a ''big chat room'' of a world on one side of the disc and a relatively equally big ''load of fighting rooms'' of a world on the rest of it. O and that doesn't allow you to keep your characters, as the OLD PSOs used to do.

I guess, seen from that point of view, it is poorly managed. But seen from the ''let's cash on the formula so we can ''give a brighter future'' for the fans to make up for that massive exploitation they've been a victim of in the past 10 years'' than, I must say, SEGA, this is a BRILLIANT plan, because I'm pretty sure it will have worked. Assuming SEGA WILL come up with something I've mentioned above, otherwise, they're just crooks, period.

Shame on you, SEGA, for having butchered off the gem-of-a-feature the original PSO ver1 even had. Shame on us for having even dared hope ''we could transfer to offline characters, right?'' in PSU. All is good, I still feel like forgiving you. I still wear in pain but proudly my SEGA lanyard I got from E3 2006. I too hope for a brighter future of the Phantasy Star franchise. But should this be but another ploy from you, you'll lose me. And I won't be the only one to go - perhaps not even somewhere else - just go away, from you. Forever.

*I'll have to admit, PSO ver1 felt like a solid beta; and I realised that when I got PSO ver2. I did think PSO ver2 was something around the lines of a complete game. And one that had it all to never die, improve even, and last for YEARS. It did, just not the way I expected it. When that sank, and I saw how it turned on the other consoles, I saw what was going on, I saw the trend - SEGA keeps working on the game, they just have to keep on paying for that work!

How do you do that? Simple! Release whatever the latest beta-build with a nice-n-fresh ''NEW PSO EPISODE XYZ'' sticker on it and change a couple things like, change some of the code so that ''unfortunately'' players won't be able to transfer, or better yet! Make sure you're already working on a code for another console the moment it's in development to get something for the NEXT one! Sure to sell enough to provide for the next 1 or 2 development phases. ;p

MadDogg
Jan 27, 2010, 02:03 AM
Even though I also miss using my characters both off and online in all the pso games, sega needs to keep it the way PSU is, seperated. Lets face it, most people love to friggin' cheat. PSU on 360 got it perfect with the cheating and whatnot, its just the game itself being boring that has everyone quitting.

If sega gets around to making a sequel, all they need to do to make the game successful is cut off any console that lacks a hard drive, and unlock all content from the disk. From there, fixing everything else that was wrong with PSU would be easy.

Heres hoping sega through pso fans a bone and release a blue burst port for live arcade or something until they make a real sequel =/

Arika
Jan 27, 2010, 02:45 AM
Even though I also miss using my characters both off and online in all the pso games, sega needs to keep it the way PSU is, seperated. Lets face it, most people love to friggin' cheat. PSU on 360 got it perfect with the cheating and whatnot, its just the game itself being boring that has everyone quitting.

If sega gets around to making a sequel, all they need to do to make the game successful is cut off any console that lacks a hard drive, and unlock all content from the disk. From there, fixing everything else that was wrong with PSU would be easy.

Heres hoping sega through pso fans a bone and release a blue burst port for live arcade or something until they make a real sequel =/
keep separate character online/offline to prevent easy client cheater = good!

However, when they are planning to shutdown the server, they should allow player to download their character to play offline. it is a post-service after such a long contract. SEGA management is really bad..

Gunslinger-08
Jan 27, 2010, 05:17 AM
Even though I also miss using my characters both off and online in all the pso games, sega needs to keep it the way PSU is, seperated. Lets face it, most people love to friggin' cheat.

It may be that I'm up far too early and grumpy, but reading this just bothers me. I know for a fact that there are several players who see no need to cheat, and that there are some, like me, who are too proud to cheat, and look down on any kind of cheating or glitching.

DuRaL
Jan 27, 2010, 07:21 AM
offline was all nice in 2002, but in 2010 it should be possible to have a game with splitscreen multiplayer and singleplayer mode which still requires you to be connected to the internet.
my xbox360 is always connected when i play, no matter if i play offline singleplayer games, offline multiplayer, or online games..
this way they could still fight cheating, yet i could play with my friends again (which was one of the coolest parts from PSO I&II in my opinion)

however, there should be an option to download the characters and keep playing offline when the servers shut down...

desturel
Jan 27, 2010, 07:57 AM
Lets face it, most people love to friggin' cheat.

You might want to change that to you and your friends love to cheat. "Most people" don't cheat. Easily demonstrated by the fact that only three teams were pulled from the MAG time attack leader boards for abusing the MGG. If it was most people, most of the teams would have been pulled.

BWS-1
Jan 27, 2010, 07:59 AM
It may be that I'm up far too early and grumpy, but reading this just bothers me. I know for a fact that there are several players who see no need to cheat, and that there are some, like me, who are too proud to cheat, and look down on any kind of cheating or glitching.

Aren't most-if-not-all 360/PS3 games (because no, I won't just say Borderlands haha) allowing you to continue or pick up progress where you leave it when offline? I never encountered a cheater on any of the 360 games I played!

Hmmm, except ONCE in Lost Planet Colonies edition, but that MIGHT have been a PC player since, ya know SOMEHOW that game had PC+360 support? .... Hey, wasn't that something SEGA claimed couldn't happen because of ''the Xbox LIVE thing'' being in the way?

Anyway, moral of the story?

SEGA, go back to your roots; stick to console.

Cheating was not THAT noticeable even in the Dreamcast days except maybe at ''hype'' point because you know what? Sure, cheaters had it easy but someone who hacks his way to the top to level 200 with all the coolest weapons in a game like PSO/PSU WON'T play 1000+ hours in the game; he'll get bored way before that.

Not to mention cheating is much harder on the new systems. So there you have it. No excuses to forbid the creation of an offline and online characters with locally saved progresses.

Keilyn
Jan 27, 2010, 10:19 AM
I believe an update should be made available to update the singleplayer to the level of AoTI. Like Arika said also...have our data downloadable..

A lot of us spent 1000s of hours on our characters.

While im happy in PSU-Japan, its not like im not as pissed as the rest of us here....and I know when the hammer comes down that we will feel it the most...

This move, the same as in PSObb is the main reason I will not trust Sega of America again...Sure people can complain about Sega of Japan, but the Japanese servers still exist and the condition and performance of the servers in Japan are Superior....

When I can log into a server 6000+ Away from me and its conditions hardware wise are better than the server 1000 - 2000 miles away from me, It makes me want to puke.

Whatever Sega of America supports, I will side with the Original Japanese version....I've been screwed twice already...Once in PSObb, and now PSU-US/EU.....They won't screw me a third time.

Lobos
Jan 27, 2010, 11:02 AM
Well i was considering coming back lol was reading info :o guess i can play for free :/ lol awww they should let us transfer the equip to 360 if we choose to switch. not even lvls just equip lol

Ima miss my Lobos and Asuka :(!!

Ruru
Jan 27, 2010, 04:00 PM
I find this article really irronic:

http://www.pso-world.com/psu.php

So many promises... so much unfullfilled. Especially the part where "SEGA has commented that they will support PSU for many years after it's release."

And where's all these vehicles they promised us so we don't have to walk everywhere...?

Yeah I thought that was funny.

So many lies. 3 years down the road, not one vehicle to help our journeys.
They sure made a lot of promises and I can't say many of them were kept.

fronebullare
Jan 27, 2010, 04:23 PM
2000+ hours of character building, countless weekends spent hunting rares, and goodness knows how much money, all down the drain. Well, it was a fun ride though, and I don't regret the (poor excuse of a) gaming experience that is psu. I'd be willing to continue if they are able to port our characters from these servers to the 360, but we all know thats not going to happen. Hell, i'll even hop on the 360 version if they actually do start providing updates and unlocking content, but after all these years, the value of sega's word has dwindled away like the population on these servers.

Its a damn shame, though, that the servers will be the fullest they've been in a year because so many people are coming on to see the end of it. I know at least 10 people who are returning just for the death of the pc/ps2 servers, some of which I haven't seen on in years (of course, the free last few months also contributed to their return). Finally, we can take the dying dog that is psu out back and put it to sleep.

BWS-1
Jan 27, 2010, 09:27 PM
When I can log into a server 6000+ Away from me and its conditions hardware wise are better than the server 1000 - 2000 miles away from me, It makes me want to puke.

I get that sensation when I think that, back on Dreamcast, I'd log onto US, EU or JP servers anytime I wanted with anyone from ANYWHERE, with a game fully translated and adapted to English, Spanish, French, German and Japanese. O the fun we had.

Just like the ad said.

http://b47.homestead.com/files/psoad.jpg

Good times..

And all that, through connections as low as 33k dial-up modems.

BanF
Jan 27, 2010, 10:12 PM
The market forces have spoken, I guess.

MadDogg
Jan 28, 2010, 02:14 AM
You might want to change that to you and your friends love to cheat. "Most people" don't cheat. Easily demonstrated by the fact that only three teams were pulled from the MAG time attack leader boards for abusing the MGG. If it was most people, most of the teams would have been pulled.

I didn't mean I love to cheat moron, I meant that the general population loves to cheat. If you been around from the dreamcast pso on up, you would know damn well the general population would dupe/hack given the chance.

Damn, some people need to learn how to fucking read/go outside and breathe some air/get off the internet for awhile before they start raging at someone for a something that has been clearly misread =/

stinkyfish97
Jan 28, 2010, 03:27 AM
Sad day for PSU. This game has really touched a many of people its, certainly made me friends. I really feel for all of you PS2 and PC people, if your friends are still willing have them jump over to JP servers so you can pick up where you left off. I would. This game has introduced me to quite of few good people, as I hope it has to many of you all. Dont let that die, continue the fight PSU PC/PS2.

WsntHere
Jan 28, 2010, 04:03 AM
Yeah I thought that was funny.

So many lies. 3 years down the road, not one vehicle to help our journeys.
They sure made a lot of promises and I can't say many of them were kept.

Hey, we got floaders for a bit and we still have airboards. Some people would gripe if they were hung with a new rope...

Heheheh

KainDarkfire
Jan 28, 2010, 05:39 AM
Well, I'll enjoy it until it ends, but then I think I'll be done, unless a private server goes up.This.

And maybe not even then. There's other stuff out there nowadays, maybe not as well crafted, but maybe better supported by all sides.

I never liked the lack of a real color pallet anyway...

I didn't mean I love to cheat moron, I meant that the general population loves to cheat. If you been around from the dreamcast pso on up, you would know damn well the general population would dupe/hack given the chance.

Damn, some people need to learn how to fucking read/go outside and breathe some air/get off the internet for awhile before they start raging at someone for a something that has been clearly misread =/I think you're misinturpting the facts, people who are traded duped items without prior knowledge don't count in your 'people'. Yeah. There are people who cheat, and don't care. But that isn't 'most people', 'most people' just happen to be affected by the 'few people' who do these things, just like in real life.

Oh, and meaningless slander is just that, meaningless, I think you're the one needing a breather before hitting the 'Submit Reply' button. Or at least Preview on the chance that you see how much you were flipping out.

tadtwisted
Jan 28, 2010, 05:59 AM
I get that sensation when I think that, back on Dreamcast, I'd log onto US, EU or JP servers anytime I wanted with anyone from ANYWHERE, with a game fully translated and adapted to English, Spanish, French, German and Japanese. O the fun we had.

Just like the ad said.

Good times..

the best part was 4 forces could rock super high rafoie and have no lag on dreamcast dial-up but one diga ball can lag my 360 on broadband (SEGA needs to learn how to make a game again)

desturel
Jan 28, 2010, 07:49 AM
I didn't mean I love to cheat moron, I meant that the general population loves to cheat.

You don't seem to understand the difference between "some people" cheat and "most people" cheat. Is English your second language?

Arika
Jan 28, 2010, 07:52 AM

Good times..

really good times.. but you don't really scream by fighting that kind of Dragon.. <,<

Ranji
Jan 28, 2010, 09:10 AM
(SEGA needs to learn how to make a game again)

Amen.

Ruru
Jan 28, 2010, 03:07 PM
Hey, we got floaders for a bit and we still have airboards. Some people would gripe if they were hung with a new rope...

Heheheh

Lol yeah 1UP, which was before AotI, and the airboard race which no one ever plays. They still haven't added the sand floaters, and they never put the water floaders back in after 1UP went away.

BWS-1
Jan 28, 2010, 08:08 PM
the best part was 4 forces could rock super high rafoie and have no lag on dreamcast dial-up but one diga ball can lag my 360 on broadband (SEGA needs to learn how to make a game again)

Haha o yeah, Rafoie galore. Even better when playing THROUGH the game on Battlemode in ver2! With character collision and ''friendly fire'' on, it adds a WHOLE new dynamic to the game. (and is one HELL of a bitch for AoE casters ;p)

And my, I did not know it was causing such an issue on 360 to have fun with TECHNICs!

In fact, never had the chance to play with a team full of offensive-casting TECHNICs on PSU! Speaking of forces, FOcasts still creep me out a bit... I'm one who still goes by the assumption that ''CASTs can't cast''. So yeah, CAST with a wand healing the party? .... weeeeiiird o.o;;

really good times.. but you don't really scream by fighting that kind of Dragon.. <,<

Haha, so true. Still, I miss that Dragon. Well, I guess if I had sticked with PSU and managed to get my hands on AOI I would have been able to re-experience it again.

You DO scream at that fight when, after 2 months of having reached lv100 on ver1, you decide to join in a team of ''hardcore'' characters. We'd identify ourselves with a + before our names where the purpose was to progress as fast as possible, and the moment the character dies, you delete it. Adrenaline rush, anyone?

+BWS-2 died during her 4th encounter with the dragon at level 12. I got confident; didn't expect to get double crit'd while I had slightly less than 90% HP. Stupid mistake, I should have known better than hold on to those monomates... they aren't much use to me dead. Rest in Peace, BWS-1's little sister...

Deragonite
Jan 28, 2010, 08:14 PM
I blame the recent recession!

MadDogg
Jan 28, 2010, 08:35 PM
You don't seem to understand the difference between "some people" cheat and "most people" cheat. Is English your second language?

What the hell are you talking about, did you even read my initial post? (Since you brung up PSU time attacks teams, you most likely didn't and automatically started flaming like a retard).

I said and I quote, "people love to cheat". I'm not talking about pso-world users einstein, people that post here are most likely fans of the game, who wouldn't cheat in it. This isn't even an opinion, its a known fact from any vet who played ANY pso game, your average joe WILL cheat if it was easy. Look what happened with pso/ver2/pso pc/ep1 and 2 on gamecube/ xbox pso/ blue burst, hell even PS2/PC PSU, people find a way, and they will abuse it.

Do you understand what I'm saying yet, or are you still raging like a god damn nerd without even reading a post? ......I swear, shouldn't even have to point that out, feels like I'm trying to communicate with the average GameFaqs poster here...

blazingsonic
Jan 28, 2010, 10:03 PM
Heh Heh Gamefaqs....

desturel
Jan 28, 2010, 11:58 PM
I said and I quote, "people love to cheat"

Lets face it, most people love to friggin' cheat.

You might just lack short term memory. Either that or you forgot to go back and edit your post. At this moment your quote, as you typed it originally, is still there. Feel free to go back and change it so that your more recent post makes sense. Change "most people" to "some people" and we no longer have a problem.

Chuck_Norris
Jan 29, 2010, 12:16 AM
I blame the recent recession!

I blame gas prices.

Deragonite
Jan 29, 2010, 01:56 AM
I blame gas prices.

I blame the Iraq War!

MadDogg
Jan 29, 2010, 03:35 AM
You might just lack short term memory. Either that or you forgot to go back and edit your post. At this moment your quote, as you typed it originally, is still there. Feel free to go back and change it so that your more recent post makes sense. Change "most people" to "some people" and we no longer have a problem.

Dot dot friggin' dot, aaaaaaaand my last post and what it meant COMPLETELY flew over your head.

I haven't face palmed this hard ever since I read a guy's post on Gfaqs saying no one knew mario had a red hat until mario 64. I give up, holy shit lol. Problem my ass, your just a fucking idiot. All I have to say is stay in school, stay off the drugs, get off the internet for awhile because its seriously driving you nuts, then again, maybe you were dropped on the head as a baby, I honestly don't care anymore. All I have left to say on this matter is, make sure you read a person's post and understand what it means before you go off flaming someone, because it makes you look like a dumb ass, even more so when you try to play it off like you did no wrong.

ANYWHO, for those wandering what to do when the servers shut down, I say try out white knight chronicles on PS3, you might like it. Monster hunter for the Wii is coming up also.

Kion
Jan 29, 2010, 07:22 AM
If your focus in playing the to play the game, then you maybe willing to take the time, socialize and enjoy hunting. There are alit of people who are busy and would like to advance through the game relitively easily. Whether people cheat or not is not about stastics (most versus a couple), it's whether the individual has enough inscentive to cheat.

Lucky Dearly
Jan 29, 2010, 04:34 PM
one song comes to mind over the closer of PSU on PC/PS2

Cry in Sorrow from Final Fantasy IV

W0LB0T
Jan 29, 2010, 07:54 PM
This is much more fitting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Humar of legends
Jan 30, 2010, 09:38 PM
Its pretty sad news to me....and i don't even play PSU. Im on the BB servers, and i'm pretty surprised.

The only things i have to say are
1.Good luck to all PSU players.
2)Any PSU player who is changing over to the BB servers(which i highly doubt)send me a message and i would be glad to help you level
3)Phantasy Star for life. No matter what version.

Powder Keg
Jan 30, 2010, 10:24 PM
This is the only song I could think of for PC/PS2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEFQp0GCsnk

Quiet, dark, lonely, empty.

Cranberry
Jan 30, 2010, 10:30 PM
I guess I can only compare the server shutdown to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC_BUaKN3is

If I can get the tools I need, I'm going to combine this with the destruction scenes from PSU. March 31st is PC and PS2's Day of Lavos for PSU.

Nicktendonick
Jan 30, 2010, 10:35 PM
Parting song for me. Every emotional

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRGC5HCjaVo&feature=related

Man....this really, really does suck. I truly wish this didn't happen, I loved PSU. I thought it was a worthy successor to PSO

I hope we (the entire PSU community) manages to create a private server for it one day...

PepperCat
Jan 30, 2010, 11:38 PM
Just join up the JPN-side if you love PSU so much, thats what I'm doing right now. :)

DAMASCUS
Jan 30, 2010, 11:54 PM
Just join up the JPN-side if you love PSU so much, thats what I'm doing right now. :)

Won't they be surprised with sudden invasion of Yankees lol XD

Powder Keg
Jan 31, 2010, 12:03 AM

I put some thought into that. I'd end up going nuts not being able to understand equipment names and a lot of other things. And I don't even want to think about trades. XD

Xefi
Jan 31, 2010, 12:06 AM
I put some thought into that. I'd end up going nuts not being able to understand equipment names and a lot of other things. And I don't even want to think about trades. XD

Yeah, also the same reason why i don't wanna join the JPN side either. :pizza:

Can't read Japanese, dood! :\

Edit: Oh man, so many depressing music there...lol.

Ruru
Jan 31, 2010, 12:57 AM
The only song that comes to mind for me is.

That's Life, by Frank Sinatra.

Sinue_v2
Jan 31, 2010, 04:49 AM
This is my parting song for PSU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ

This is also my song for conspiracy theorists who are freaking the fuck out insisting that the NWO takeover is my fault because I won't belieebe the Gub'mint is run by Nazi sympathizing alien reptiles who are going to kill us all.

Volcompat321
Jan 31, 2010, 08:46 AM
I'm still unsure if I'll miss PSU or not.
I know it's a very different game than anything else, but...I rarely play anymore.
Plus no ones really been on for quite some time now.
Though I admit, I've made some life long friends from this game, and that aspect, I will miss.

I just wish there will be another PSU like game, even if it's not a PS game, that we can all play together.

Callous
Feb 9, 2010, 05:23 PM
I just wish there will be another PSU like game, even if it's not a PS game, that we can all play together.

There is. It's called PSO Blue Burst and it's free to play.

Volcompat321
Feb 9, 2010, 05:52 PM
There is. It's called PSO Blue Burst and it's free to play.

That's not like PSU at all.

What I meant was, the gameplay, the combat style, and the camera controls.

And much more.

PSO to me never had the whole community feel like PSU did.
Though I didn't play the official PSO servers, so it could have been more lively.

It's just not the same.

DAMASCUS
Feb 10, 2010, 12:39 AM
T

PSO to me never had the whole community feel like PSU did.
Though I didn't play the official PSO servers, so it could have been more lively.

Because PSO was simplistic and light hearted, the friends I played with, spent most of our time chatting and doing chair races. We occasionally played lobby soccer too, but the lag made that difficult lol XD Good for laughs.

PSU is still considered easy by most but there are far more details to be occupied with and so time chatting seems more like play time wasted. Just an opinion I guess.

I more advanced version of Phantasy Star Zero with next gen graphics would be nice. As long as they incorporated a controlled amount of PSU/PSP elements it would be perfect. The main thing they would need to do is make areas much larger and more involved to justify teams of 6( or more?) and with a whole new PSO engine I should think that would easily be possible.

Keilyn
Feb 10, 2010, 12:54 AM
What I would love to see, is a complete persistent Phantasy Star game...

I know that there are trade-offs but Sega has the ability to surprise people the way it did with Phantasy Star...I just want to see what Sega would come up with in such a situation.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 10, 2010, 01:58 AM
At worst - recent Sega does things like make Shining Force into an Action Arcade game, with very slight RPG elements.

Check out Sega's Japan website, and wonder how they went from battle monsters, cards, tops, to stickers in their whatever that is DS game.

Adriano
Feb 10, 2010, 05:40 AM
Lots of memories and friends made from psu, so I don't regret playing it for the time that I did.

I will however, miss afking to this song for most of the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e9vSU__4ck

I had that in my room(s) at all times. Aha

Max B
Feb 10, 2010, 06:37 AM
Lots of memories and friends made from psu, so I don't regret playing it for the time that I did.

Im gonna have to agree with you this is my favorite Music Disc on Psu

Rust
Feb 10, 2010, 09:40 AM

I prefered AFKing on...

[spoiler-box]AND THIS IS MY HAPPINEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS~ :wacko:[/spoiler-box]

DAMASCUS
Feb 10, 2010, 12:01 PM
I genuinely enjoyed the Platinum cup and that goofy song. Between that and firebreak those were the events that really brought people for many runs up until the end.

Ruru
Feb 10, 2010, 12:36 PM
The 1up cup was the last big thing before AoI changed the game. After AoI came out it all kinda went south from there.

I'm not nearly as upset as I was anymore, when I first heard the servers were going down. Sega can still go eat it for all I care, but I really can't see how this game will ever get any better outside of Japan, not with the way SoA handles things.

Kion
Feb 10, 2010, 01:00 PM
1) Complete lack of updates
2) Bad translations
3) Lack of advertisement
4) No offers for new players

For updates was it SoJ was too lazy? Were translations slow? Why weren`t there any advertisements for the NA servers? A few banners on a couple of sites would have been enough to draw some players. Also why where there no offers, like getting a couple months free, discounts or any thing to draw people in? Whose responsibility was what?

Naru-
Feb 10, 2010, 01:33 PM
Just heard about this.

You know, I might actually log in and play a bit before it goes down. Despite being inactive for so long, I'll miss those characters I've played so much.

AlphaDragoon
Feb 11, 2010, 02:41 AM
Well, can't say I didn't see it coming. But still, sucks to see Segac really killed it rather than do the simplest of all things to keep an MMO going: Update it. Not like the stuff wasn't there and they had to make it from scratch, all they had to do was translate it.

*grumbles, goes back to playing Aion*

Chuck_Norris
Feb 11, 2010, 01:24 PM
The 1up cup was the last big thing before AoI changed the game. After AoI came out it all kinda went south from there.

I'm not nearly as upset as I was anymore, when I first heard the servers were going down. Sega can still go eat it for all I care, but I really can't see how this game will ever get any better outside of Japan, not with the way SoA handles things.

SoA DOESN'T handle things. JP still makes all updates and such. The only thing the GM's can do is maybe give away casino coins as prizes or compensation or something.

Ruru
Feb 11, 2010, 03:42 PM
SoA DOESN'T handle things. JP still makes all updates and such. The only thing the GM's can do is maybe give away casino coins as prizes or compensation or something.

Seems you're just going by what SoA said, and blaming it all on SoJ because SoA is too incompetent to handle things on this side.

They DO handle some things, and no one's bringing GM's up. GM's aren't the working force of SoA, all GM's do is help run a game from inside the actual game and give feedback to the people at sega who can actually do something, even though as we all know, the people at sega are far beyond doing anything at this point. There are still programmers and translators on the SoA team.

I find it funny that anyone can blame SoJ for the way that OUR servers have been handled. Yes they have the final word on when and how we get our updates, but I HIGHLY doubt there's some guy sitting in his chair, over at SoJ, laughing about how long they're going to make us wait for our next update over here. Not to mention half the time we do get updates they're missing something, and when the people at SoA are asked about why certain things are missing, they go and say something stupid like "JP side didn't get it in that update either" when we can read clear as day that yes they, in fact, did. I'm quite sure SoJ just gives SoA the data and coding and lets them have at it. When they give them the data, and when we actually get to see it over here is an entirely different thing. Considering first, SoA has to test it out for I believe they said, two weeks, not to mention they have to translate it all first, which must be really hard for them considering the fact that a great deal of our items in this game are very badly translated, or have descriptions that don't mean anything.

I'm so tired of hearing this "SoA doesn't handle anything" bullshit, when they're the same company that shut down PSO, while the JP side is still up and running.
Believe what you want when it comes to this. Fact remains that SoA is shutting down the PC/PS2 servers. and i'll bet someone will find a way to blame that on SoJ as well

Truth is though, does it really matter? They're all the same company, Sega. And we can all agree that Sega as a company, OBVIOUSLY, can't run an MMO outside of Japan.

darkfalz32
Feb 11, 2010, 07:08 PM
WTF!? Just when I was ready to drop the cash, the f#%$*@g servers close down for the systems I HAVE except for the one I DON'T HAVE. Bullshit!

Robert_Garcia
Feb 16, 2010, 11:52 PM
Sill saddens me that I never got to play this online.

Powder Keg
Feb 17, 2010, 10:58 AM
Seems you're just going by what SoA said, and blaming it all on SoJ because SoA is too incompetent to handle things on this side.

They DO handle some things, and no one's bringing GM's up. GM's aren't the working force of SoA, all GM's do is help run a game from inside the actual game and give feedback to the people at sega who can actually do something, even though as we all know, the people at sega are far beyond doing anything at this point. There are still programmers and translators on the SoA team.

I find it funny that anyone can blame SoJ for the way that OUR servers have been handled. Yes they have the final word on when and how we get our updates, but I HIGHLY doubt there's some guy sitting in his chair, over at SoJ, laughing about how long they're going to make us wait for our next update over here. Not to mention half the time we do get updates they're missing something, and when the people at SoA are asked about why certain things are missing, they go and say something stupid like "JP side didn't get it in that update either" when we can read clear as day that yes they, in fact, did. I'm quite sure SoJ just gives SoA the data and coding and lets them have at it. When they give them the data, and when we actually get to see it over here is an entirely different thing. Considering first, SoA has to test it out for I believe they said, two weeks, not to mention they have to translate it all first, which must be really hard for them considering the fact that a great deal of our items in this game are very badly translated, or have descriptions that don't mean anything.

I'm so tired of hearing this "SoA doesn't handle anything" bullshit, when they're the same company that shut down PSO, while the JP side is still up and running.
Believe what you want when it comes to this. Fact remains that SoA is shutting down the PC/PS2 servers. and i'll bet someone will find a way to blame that on SoJ as well

Truth is though, does it really matter? They're all the same company, Sega. And we can all agree that Sega as a company, OBVIOUSLY, can't run an MMO outside of Japan.
Think about this. What are the three biggest things that drove players away from the PC/PS2 servers?

The first instance was cheating. That falls on Sega of America for not taking action faster. (example: Whoops! No one is here on the weekends, we can't do anything!)

Second: Content updates. This is all Sega of Japan here, and this has been known for the longest time. (Let's not forget that Espio actually had to pretend to be a JP player who also plays on the regional servers to actually get a response from SoJ.)

Last, and most importantly IMO: The billing server. This actually falls on Sega of Europe. I could not tell you how this game was allowed to run through his piece of shit billing server. This is the most unacceptable thing that ever happened in this game's life on the PC/PS2 servers. For very long periods of time, people could not even play with the subscription that they paid for, either because the billing server was jammed up with not pushing your transaction through (while still taking your money) or just blowing up all together and not letting anyone online. The fact remains (Myself and others have witnessed it) that the biggest dips in the population occured when we had the Error 65 issues in MAG and the Error 60 problems in STD.

tl:dr -- Japan certainly does not deserve all of the blame, but all three branches contributed to the downfall without question. It's like a grand coalition of suck.

Sinue_v2
Feb 17, 2010, 01:00 PM
tl:dr -- Japan certainly does not deserve all of the blame, but all three branches contributed to the downfall without question. It's like a grand coalition of suck.

I don't know about anyone else here, but I feel much better knowing that it took a real team-effort to fuck things up that bad. Almost makes me feel like they cared enough to really put the effort into appearing not to care. It'd almost be funny if I wasn't paying them for a substantial portion of that time.

Legendwolf
Feb 17, 2010, 01:38 PM
Sill saddens me that I never got to play this online.

Well you still can some day;-)

Untamed Dragoon
Feb 17, 2010, 07:31 PM
i just heard! they are moving up the closing date from march 31th to tomorrow! :O Say your goodbyes now! Get all your friends e-mail accounts! sell everything! Go nuts! SPAM LIKE CRAZY! Finally it can all go to hell! :D MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! XD LOL! LMAO!
>.>

btw....if your read that and believed it.......i should find you and stab you over 9000 times with a dirty spoon.....lol >.>

Robert_Garcia
Feb 17, 2010, 09:19 PM
Yeah, I gotta wait for private servers.

Cranberry
Feb 17, 2010, 09:23 PM
Well you still can some day;-)

If you're talking about other versions of PSU, sure.

If you're talking about a private server springing up... don't hold your breathe... PSU is a lot more secured than PSO and so far no one has been able to come even close to setting up a server. Xbox PSO never got a private server, and never will. PSU appears to be in the same boat. Though I certainly won't complain if someone manages to do it. But it'd be a PSU miracle if it happened.

Kion
Feb 18, 2010, 02:09 AM
Content updates. This is all Sega of Japan here, and this has been known for the longest time. (Let's not forget that Espio actually had to pretend to be a JP player who also plays on the regional servers to actually get a response from SoJ.)

I think they do. SoA finally got their act together for the hackers. A lot of damage to the economy, but it got fixed. As for the servers, events can be extended, it was more than people gave up on trying to pay for a game WITH NO CONTENT UPDATES!!

Riviera
Feb 18, 2010, 12:38 PM
I only regret I wasted time playing this while i could be playing Lineage 2. I could be a fucking hero by now.

Was nice tho.

kkthxbb

Middle
Mar 2, 2010, 04:14 PM
Farewell PSU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq3D3wcWs70

unicorn
Mar 2, 2010, 04:45 PM
That made me sad.

Ce'Nedra
Mar 8, 2010, 05:03 PM
If you're talking about a private server springing up... don't hold your breathe... PSU is a lot more secured than PSO and so far no one has been able to come even close to setting up a server.

Aside the fact that someone who posted on a other forum i visit told us he already cracked the encryption and is even working on a login script for a PC server (not sure if he will support ps2 as he doesn't own one).

He seems to be getting help from people as well, so it might as well be very possible that it's gonna happen.

Cranberry
Mar 9, 2010, 12:40 PM
Aside the fact that someone who posted on a other forum i visit told us he already cracked the encryption and is even working on a login script for a PC server (not sure if he will support ps2 as he doesn't own one).

He seems to be getting help from people as well, so it might as well be very possible that it's gonna happen.

I've seen the topic. I would love for this person to prove me wrong. It definitly seems much more possible now than when I wrote that message.

Deragonite
Mar 9, 2010, 01:07 PM
Frankly I was thrilled when I saw that the servers were closing :o!

Cranberry
Mar 9, 2010, 01:51 PM
Why are you thrilled about a server closure?

Keilyn
Mar 9, 2010, 02:17 PM
I had pretty much done about everything in PC/PS2....and went to try new things in Japan. At the same time five free servers to my favorite game popped up and I joined all five :). I also joined two free servers to the sequal to my favorite game.

As I write this...I have an angry mob chasing me....Something about their spellcasters dying a horrible death. ^_^

Ce'Nedra
Mar 9, 2010, 02:20 PM
Why are you thrilled about a server closure?

Cause to some people PSU is more then a game (like PSO). To some its part of their life even.

rufusangus
Mar 9, 2010, 05:06 PM
So it finally happened eh? I'm surprised it stuck around this long.

After about 3 months post launch, i subbed for a couple months, and that was all it took for me..the game just had too much going against it server wise, even then.

The haxeta issues destroyed the economy right away, so i just jumped ship (bad memories of losing chars on pso:bb to hackers "nol"ing your char was too much to bother. I lost a 120+ humar on pso:bb because of that, so i jumped shipped at the first sign of foul play, and i don't regret doing so.) Hackers were making people shout things they didn't type, running around outside the bounds of the world, etc. And lets not forget resetting your pa's...

Segas response? Password your room..Aka, we aren't going to fix it, its your fault for not foreseeing the issue. The responsible thing would have been to bring the entire server down in the first two months, fix the issues, and wipe it clean...not very good PR in the short term, but would have given them a bit more credibility.

Maybe i just expected too much though; with the crafting system, etc, i thought maybe, just maybe, sega had a good idea of what they were doing, and would be competitive...

I suppose i could have let all that go, but the fact remained, it was pay 2 play, and eternally linked to the limitations of the ps2 as well... i could afford it but, with it getting massively hacked left and right, i wondered why they wanted payments at all, seeing as it had a system like diablo 2, which was free to play after the initial purchase, and did much, much more to stop hacking.

There was just so much wrong with it..i loved the game itself, but i couldn't bring myself to pay per month for it; Charging a monthly fee, at least on the pc, put it in direct competition with mmo's imo. They wanted to have their cake and eat it too. Could have turned a blind eye to it and just enjoyed it if not for that. I think they need to invest more time into the pc version in the future other than just porting it, or not make a pc version at all.

The silver lining is that maybe, a private server will surface now...free to play and it be hard todo a worse job than sega did with the official server.

Then again, at least as far as PC is concerned, maybe sega should just co-develop and let a more competent company take over apon release, they don't seem to understand at all how to run an online game, particularly when pc is a platform...there will be cheaters, there will be hackers, etc, and frankly, crappy f2p mmo's with cash shops do far and away better than sega ever did, and they don't even charge monthly fees. Either put the effort in or just make it console only, make it much easier that way.

W0LB0T
Mar 10, 2010, 01:15 AM
Yes, keep talking about private servers. Ryna loves it when you talk about them.

Pentence
Mar 12, 2010, 11:23 AM
T_T man i am quite sad it ended this early BUT i digress this may be hte best thing for the ps2/pc hopefully they will learn and make a game more like PSP2 for ps3/pc/360 and release that with all the item creation that PSU had. That would be awsome if ya ask me.

I was on day 1 and almost a whole year. Sadly i coudlnt aford to keep playing but i loved it a ton.

Anon_Fire
Mar 12, 2010, 11:43 AM
They definitly should make a game that's more like Phantasy Star Portable 2 for PC/PS3/360. But no, leave item synthesis out of it because there are materials that are nearly impossible to get (ex: Agito Edge)

I perfer all weapons and armor drop made. Even some B and A-Rank rares :)

Also, they should change the enemy drop charts too and have players see their own drops.

Zorafim
Mar 12, 2010, 11:53 AM
Frankly, I like the idea of making your own weapons and armor. What I don't like is that each material is as rare as the weapon should be, and how it can turn out really sucky or really awesome without any warning.

LionHeart-
Mar 12, 2010, 08:52 PM
As much as I love PSU, (did prefer it to PSO, later on through Aotl) but i'm actually happy to see its going and egorly awaiting the next Phantasy Star.

Though, Sega has progressively have been improving from the very beginning of the game, from server management, mingling with the community, updating etc... But I think it has gotten to the point that its to late, and everyone has moved onto different games or switched servers.

I always had in my mind that PSU was just a 'test' to see what the community wanted and what they were capable of and I think it has paid off, inevitably with a cost though. Also, Sega could of purposely have been studying other franchise games, waiting on how they would develop into the new era of consoles, and seeing the potential on what they offer. The new things through-out PSU, PSZ and now PSP2 should be what I expect in the next Phantasy Star 'online' but obviously up to scratch with other online games. Maybe next PS, should be the one, everyone has been waiting for.

PepperCat
Mar 12, 2010, 09:30 PM
I still believe that they are recycling the PS2/PC servers for the new Alien vs Predator game.

Powder Keg
Mar 12, 2010, 10:29 PM
As long as the billing server gets Office Space'd I'm fine.

PepperCat
Mar 12, 2010, 11:04 PM
As long as the billing server gets Office Space'd I'm fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfCYzJAgwrw

Cronic Ninja
Apr 12, 2010, 12:52 AM
well, if anyone is jumping over to the 360 let me know, il be happy to get you started out...this made me want to start playing again after about a year break :-?

sucks that they are droping the servers for ps2/pc but hell i guess id rather them do it now then prolong it.

again if you are jumping to the 360 me and a few friends will be happy to help..(but if i get swarmed by about 50 people...it may take a little while ^^)

Genobee
Apr 22, 2010, 05:48 AM
Well good riddance to bad rubbish. I'm glad I quit years ago, I still remember the first day and all 3 servers where packed to the brim and I was so excited. Then I started playing and the excitement went away quickly, All they gave us was a fist full of missions and no rares to be found.

cut to a month later can't even fill up the first server, content updates where a joke "lawl you know those handful of missions you been playing for a month?..... WELL! here's the same missions only slightly harder, oh and you have to make your rares and they fail.... ALOT and they aren't even that good and we only made rares for like 2 of the classes. Oh but look here are some new clothes."

On top of that we had the chuckle fucks over at SoA going "HEY GUYS NEW UPDATE THIS WEEK :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DD!!!!!!!" cut to the end of the week "Lawl sorry we lied, SoJ said it might come out in the next 3 months.... maybe."

Then the Hacking set in, not to mention the glitch where a person could steal all the shit in your room, and mesta became like Water, and the terrible shop system and Sega just said " well lock your rooms LAWL." by the end of 3 months, we lost maybe 90% of the community and the only ones playing where hopeless noobs, hackers and mindless veterans hoping for a ray of sunshine that never came.

Grats Sega you managed to turn what could of been some thing awesome into a total disaster.