PDA

View Full Version : Super Hard Heaven Mother oddity...

VeJi
Jan 21, 2010, 09:24 PM
So I've completed the Super Hard Eternal Tower 4 times in 4 days. After beating the Heaven Mother (on floor 101), I've noticed my drops as being:

*Several scattered semi-rare weapons and green boxes

and

*1 rare piece of armor

My 4 runs have resulted in the following 4 items:

Run 1: Noble Cloak, 3 slots
Run 2: Noble Cloak, 1 slot
Run 3: Rika's Suit, 1 slot
Run 4: Kepler Suit, 4 slots

So, is the Heaven Mother always going to drop exactly 1 rare piece of armor? Anyone with different findings or same conclusions?

barnacleez
Jan 21, 2010, 09:30 PM
For me it's been:

Run 1: Keplar Suit 4 Slot
Run 2: Noble Cloak 4 Slot
Run 3: Rika's Suit 1 Slot
Run 4: Rika's Suit 0 Slot
Run 5: Rika's Suit 4 Slot

So yes, from my experience, one armor has dropped at the end of each run.

VeJi
Jan 21, 2010, 09:36 PM
For me it's been:

Run 1: Keplar Suit 4 Slot
Run 2: Noble Cloak 4 Slot
Run 3: Rika's Suit 1 Slot
Run 4: Rika's Suit 0 Slot
Run 5: Rika's Suit 4 Slot

So yes, from my experience, one armor has dropped at the end of each run.

Interesting. Have you received anything other than the basic Morgenlote or Rouge Pulse? I'm wondering if a far rarer item like a Lavis Kanon would replace the armor drop slot, but probably not.

Bitzen
Jan 22, 2010, 12:41 AM
I've had Al Azif drop along with an armor, so I figure an armor always drops even if you get a rarer grade item.

Kirukia
Jan 22, 2010, 01:10 AM
I got a zero cane with a rika's suit 1 slot. I'm pretty sure she always drops 1 armor.

Pokerealm
Jan 22, 2010, 01:43 AM
Yes, she always drops a rare armor, on all difficulties.

barnacleez
Jan 22, 2010, 03:20 AM
Interesting. Have you received anything other than the basic Morgenlote or Rouge Pulse? I'm wondering if a far rarer item like a Lavis Kanon would replace the armor drop slot, but probably not.

Had to look up my old post in the finds and accomplishments thread. Anyways, from run #5:

4 Slot Rika's Suit
Zero Cane 60% machine fortified Magical Sign
Mehrennenka 61% native fortified lv3 element tornado dance (not that rare, but still very nice)

From the data gathered in this thread, it's safe to conclude that one armor drops every run, and rare weapons drop randomly.

Nicely done, peeps.

Jan 22, 2010, 07:09 AM
I've only played through all of SH tower twice, but one time I got a 4 slot keplar suit, and the next I got a 3 slot noble cloak. So ya There's more evidence for the rare armor thing. I got a zero rifle my second time, but I don't remember if I got any rare (ie 10 meseta) items from her my first time.

rickfrior
Jan 22, 2010, 09:47 AM
Yep, it drops rare armor along with a rare weapon, but this alone, not always!

VeJi
Jan 22, 2010, 03:57 PM
Excellent. So armors such as the Shinobi Suit should be valued higher than those that the Heaven Mother drops, even if they are better in most scenarios?

Kirukia
Jan 22, 2010, 04:04 PM
That still depends. You only get one from Heaven Mother, after hours in tower with no chance to stop part of the way through. You only have a chance of getting what you want and there is no guarantee that you'll find one with 3-4 slots.

If you spent the time it takes to get what you want hunting the other armors, you could find multiple. Not sure of drop rates but I'm just throwing something out there.

So not necessarily.

VeJi
Jan 22, 2010, 06:39 PM
That still depends. You only get one from Heaven Mother, after hours in tower with no chance to stop part of the way through. You only have a chance of getting what you want and there is no guarantee that you'll find one with 3-4 slots.

If you spent the time it takes to get what you want hunting the other armors, you could find multiple. Not sure of drop rates but I'm just throwing something out there.

So not necessarily.

Well, the Shinobi Suit in particular is an area drop at Oblivion City Paru. Area Drops are VERY rare, most likely 1/3,000-20,000+. That could take days, and still not be 4-slotted. With the Heaven Mother, you know you will get 1/4-5 armors, and the same slottage chance, in only about 6.5 hours. Both hard, but Shinobi Suit not statistically precise as the others, such as the Mobious Plate and Noble Cloak.

FoMarlBorough
Jan 22, 2010, 07:11 PM
huh, thats kinda like some incentive to get my lazy fomarl up that tower. *prays the rosary for 4-slot*.

kirtblue
Jan 22, 2010, 08:55 PM
i havent done super et so this is good to know as im gunna have to do it a few times lol

Bitzen
Jan 23, 2010, 02:23 AM
Excellent. So armors such as the Shinobi Suit should be valued higher than those that the Heaven Mother drops, even if they are better in most scenarios?

Shinobi suit drops from the Hard Heaven Mother.

DoubleCannon
Jan 24, 2010, 12:48 PM
lol thats how i got my 4 slot shinobi suit was from hard mother :)

Also just got another Dioskuroi! but no % meh lol.