PDA

View Full Version : WAAAAH I'M QUITTING PSU

Fecesbot
Jan 21, 2010, 11:56 PM
on march 31st and I'm taking all of you with me.

Ice Sniper
Jan 21, 2010, 11:59 PM
What the heck is this supposed to mean?

Nitro Vordex
Jan 22, 2010, 12:01 AM
It sounds like he's gonna stop playing that game on the 31st of March.

And he's taking us with him.

Volcompat321
Jan 22, 2010, 12:06 AM
Well, since I know Nitro doesn't visit PSU Gen, and I see Ice Sniper in PSZ section, you guys might not know.

PSU is shutting down(pc/ps2 side).
Oh well..:/

PepperCat
Jan 22, 2010, 12:07 AM
And will we be dining in hell?

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jan 22, 2010, 12:07 AM
Go for it.

Bitzen
Jan 22, 2010, 12:14 AM
PSU is quitting you.

Nitro Vordex
Jan 22, 2010, 12:18 AM
Well, since I know Nitro doesn't visit PSU Gen, and I see Ice Sniper in PSZ section, you guys might not know.

PSU is shutting down(pc/ps2 side).
Oh well..:/ Why are you sad?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 22, 2010, 12:21 AM
PSU is quitting you.
Somebody's got to close the door on this stressful push and pull, just because we put the (small in relation to the rest of a lifetime) time in, we're going to stick it out hoping for the best - even when its hopeless, relationship!

PSYOU knows you cheated on 'em with other games and that it provides insufficient satisfaction, leading you astray. Wasn't your fault.

Puppylove over. Its for the best. You'll learn later never to waste years like that on something going nowhere!

Volcompat321
Jan 22, 2010, 12:23 AM
Why are you sad?

Not so much sad for PSU, but for the people that will continue to make such threads.

Leviathan
Jan 22, 2010, 12:44 AM
You can't quit PSU, PSU quits you!

No, it's in Sbarro.

MetaZedlen
Jan 22, 2010, 01:10 AM
Thank god I never got into this game...

*enjoys PSO*

Orrefe
Jan 22, 2010, 01:37 AM
PSU is quitting you.

/thread

It seriously makes me appreciate the servers shutting down, actually XD

Gunslinger-08
Jan 22, 2010, 06:14 AM

*puts on monocle*

Why yes, and you are all invited to join us!

CrimsomWolf
Jan 22, 2010, 08:04 AM
Cue in:

http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq60/mcmanmeat/Left4Bread/neil_smile_sabian2fc0a50408d1453-1.jpg

Justice prevails still, gentlemen.

Outrider
Jan 22, 2010, 11:03 AM
Oh, thank God.

Now we just have to hope that they shut down the Xbox 360 version and we can finally have some peace and quiet here.

Sayara
Jan 23, 2010, 10:06 AM
Nah people will still whine about it being such a flop.

It'll be all ET atari style whining

HeartBreak301
Jan 23, 2010, 10:46 AM
Maybe when PSU dies the PSO section will see a bit more action.

Tetsaru
Jan 23, 2010, 11:29 AM
And yet, amidst all the flaming I received and banning from PSU General from my comments, somehow I knew something like this was going to happen, sooner than later. Good intuition? Maybe it was just putting 1 and 2 together, but I think some of you guys don't give me enough credit - I'm not as stupid as I may sound sometimes. :razz:

Just for the hell of it, I decided to resubscribe before they decide to cut us off from doing so. I doubt I'll be on that much, since I've got other games I've been playing lately, but I wanted to be there to see the end of it all, along with being able to check up on some old acquaintances... maybe even futilely try to get some of those gun weapons I've been missing since I quit, who knows.

As for the 360 side... there's a chance they might thrive off of this, if enough people on the PC/PS2 side decide it's worth jumping ship, but considering how small of an increase that'd be, along with the number of people who simply don't want to go out of their way to start over, I highly doubt it. Granted, I've never played on the 360 servers (I still refuse to buy a 360, not that I can right now anyway), so I don't know how expansive or friendly the population there is... probably big enough to warrant Sega finishing out the rest of the game, either on their own terms, or because Microsoft said they had to... of course, all the stuff was already there in the first place, so I don't really see the point of dragging it out... but I repeat myself. Only thing we can do is wait and see what other bullshit Sega decides to pull out of its ass... :disapprove:

Sayara
Jan 23, 2010, 11:31 AM
As for the 360 side... there's a chance they might thrive off of this, if enough people on the PC/PS2 side decide it's worth jumping ship,

Dunno bout you, but i don't think faithful devoted PSU-ers would buy a Xbox for PSU. Rather just jump ships and go Nihongo.

Tetsaru
Jan 23, 2010, 11:36 AM
Dunno bout you, but i don't think faithful devoted PSU-ers would buy a Xbox for PSU. Rather just jump ships and go Nihongo.

Well, it's a possibility. I'd have a hell of a time trying to get on the Japanese servers, and I'd just feel lost playing amongst people who don't speak your native language. =x

Of course, other games like Mass Effect 2, Monster Hunter 3 (Tri...? forgot the name), and the FF14 Beta are coming out too...

thunder-ray
Jan 23, 2010, 02:58 PM
Well, it's a possibility. I'd have a hell of a time trying to get on the Japanese servers, and I'd just feel lost playing amongst people who don't speak your native language. =x

Of course, other games like Mass Effect 2, Monster Hunter 3 (Tri...? forgot the name), and the FF14 Beta are coming out too...Only games im waiting for is god of war 3 and super street fighter 4, however I am trying mass effect 2.

Legendwolf
Jan 23, 2010, 03:17 PM
noooooooo dont jump .!! lol

Nitro Vordex
Jan 23, 2010, 03:38 PM
And yet, amidst all the flaming I received and banning from PSU General from my comments, somehow I knew something like this was going to happen, sooner than later. Good intuition? Maybe it was just putting 1 and 2 together, but I think some of you guys don't give me enough credit - I'm not as stupid as I may sound sometimes. :razz:
Dude, seriously, are you always fucking on?

We tell you to shut up because all you do is state the obvious. We KNOW Sega and ST could have done better, we KNOW the game was going down the shitter, and we ALL KNEW THIS WOULD EVENTUALLY HAPPEN.

Tr3y 4 L1f3

CrimsomWolf
Jan 23, 2010, 03:43 PM
Jesus F.H Christ, Tetsaru, can't you just fucking shut up?

You weren't really banned for fact that you "prophesied" that PSU would be shut down, since most people suspected it anyway. You were banned for keeping rubbing it in peoples faces and basically copy-pasting PSU SUCKS, SONIC TEAM FAILS, which after nth time turns pacifist into blood-thirst maniac.

Powder Keg
Jan 23, 2010, 03:47 PM
Can I also be a prophet if I predict something with the highest probability?

CrimsomWolf
Jan 23, 2010, 03:49 PM
Depends on how delusional you are :wacko:

Nitro Vordex
Jan 23, 2010, 03:50 PM
Can I also be a prophet if I predict something with the highest probability?
Can you act like a victim while you do it while remaining passive aggressive?

Mixfortune
Jan 23, 2010, 03:53 PM

I'll admit I haven't been all in and up on your stances outside the typical air they would appear to carry, but the problem itself wasn't about predicting that the servers would drop.

It was the attitude, the general sense that you seemed to have become enlightened to the inner workings of the world, revealed to you through the cosmic forces of SEGA's inner struggle through the manifestation of an originally poorly received game that has since redeemed itself through its handheld revisions.

To reiterate, you are not, nor ever were, a lone man with everything figured out standing against the mindless masses who were just too dumb and carefree to notice.

Though I'm curious, if your current stance is in your celebration of the prediction that PSU will collapse, why the abandoning of that concept when translating it over to the 360 servers? At first glance it appears a contradiction.

In actuality, the PSU timeline is not that different from PSO's, particularly when you compare them version to version (say, PSU PS2/PCs server timeline vs PSODC or PSOGCs timelines individually). It's not so much a stretch to apply each iteration's timeline separately, either. The PS:P series is in many ways analogous to PSO's own DC to GC/Xbox leap.

Nothing really unique or different here.

CrimsomWolf
Jan 23, 2010, 03:58 PM
Can you act like a victim while you do it while remaining passive aggressive?

Don't forget the semi-righteous tone and pretended ignorance.

Nitro Vordex
Jan 23, 2010, 04:10 PM
Tetsaru would make an excellent politician.

CrimsomWolf
Jan 23, 2010, 04:13 PM
Or religious fanatic.

The know-it-all-type.

MetaZedlen
Jan 23, 2010, 09:13 PM

We have enough idiots in office thank you very much...

Nitro Vordex
Jan 23, 2010, 09:16 PM
That's why he'd be excellent.

Retehi
Jan 23, 2010, 09:36 PM
heeeheeeheeeheee

Tetsaru
Jan 24, 2010, 04:33 AM
Dude, seriously, are you always fucking on?

Yeah, pretty much.

We tell you to shut up because all you do is state the obvious. We KNOW Sega and ST could have done better, we KNOW the game was going down the shitter, and we ALL KNEW THIS WOULD EVENTUALLY HAPPEN.

I'm well aware of that, and I've told you guys time and again if you don't like what I have to say, then don't read it.

I gave PSU's "life expectancy" a year at most after I quit back in July. Roughly half a year later, PC/PS2 is shutting down. Will it take another half year for 360 to follow suit? You tell me.

To reiterate, you are not, nor ever were, a lone man with everything figured out standing against the mindless masses who were just too dumb and carefree to notice.

I never said I was. I'm just saying that I was right.

Though I'm curious, if your current stance is in your celebration of the prediction that PSU will collapse, why the abandoning of that concept when translating it over to the 360 servers? At first glance it appears a contradiction.

I'll admit I have mixed feelings over this issue. While I'm sad to see a POTENTIALLY great game start to die off (as well as all the hours I put into the game), I'm ecstatic that Sega is starting to feel the bitter sting of their own negligence of it. Call me a bitter old coot who's too nostalgic for when Sega was actually cool back in the 90's, but they deserve it nowadays.

In actuality, the PSU timeline is not that different from PSO's, particularly when you compare them version to version (say, PSU PS2/PCs server timeline vs PSODC or PSOGCs timelines individually). It's not so much a stretch to apply each iteration's timeline separately, either. The PS:P series is in many ways analogous to PSO's own DC to GC/Xbox leap.

I'll agree with you there, simply because I never got the chance to get online with my Gamecube PSO. I also never owned a Dreamcast, unfortunately; guess I was too enthralled with the N64's adventure/platformer games and Playstation's FF7 and FF9 around that time. *shrugs*

Or religious fanatic.

The know-it-all-type.

Perhaps, but I hate both. Religious zealots just make war with each other over who has the best imaginary friend while politicians think they can just step in and babysit everyone to make both sides shut up.

We have enough idiots in office thank you very much...

Agreed. Not with the part that I'm an idiot, though. :razz:

heeeheeeheeeheee

Do you ever post anything useful?

CrimsomWolf
Jan 24, 2010, 05:05 AM
Yeah, pretty much.
I'm well aware of that, and I've told you guys time and again if you don't like what I have to say, then don't read it.

I gave PSU's "life expectancy" a year at most after I quit back in July. Roughly half a year later, PC/PS2 is shutting down. Will it take another half year for 360 to follow suit? You tell me.

Holy...I just don't know what to say to you anymore. It's not even funny anymore. All you can say is something relating to how much PSU sucked and how much Sonic team had failed. It's not that people don't like sometimes reading something analyzing it, but they DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Wait, why am I bothering? You obviously have no capacity to adapt or react to the environment or even to listen to people... well, good luck in life then. You'll need it.

Now, that's just being arrogant.

I'll admit I have mixed feelings over this issue. While I'm sad to see a POTENTIALLY great game start to die off (as well as all the hours I put into the game), I'm ecstatic that Sega is starting to feel the bitter sting of their own negligence of it. Call me a bitter old coot who's too nostalgic for when Sega was actually cool back in the 90's, but they deserve it nowadays.

I'll agree with you there, simply because I never got the chance to get online with my Gamecube PSO. I also never owned a Dreamcast, unfortunately; guess I was too enthralled with the N64's adventure/platformer games and Playstation's FF7 and FF9 around that time. *shrugs*

YOU
STILL
TALKING
'BOUT
SEGA

Retehi
Jan 24, 2010, 05:12 AM
Do you ever post anything useful?

That coming coming from you, of all people, is the equivalent of watching a sumo wrestler making fun of Santa Claus for being fat.

Mixfortune
Jan 24, 2010, 03:39 PM

Saying you were or not isn't a requisite for my comment to be relevant. From your initial post you appeared the martyr rising from the flames despite the masses holding you down. It's the air that people have their issue with, not PSU's defense.

If you honestly felt your initial comment saying you were right was innocent and nothing more, I'd suggest working on your self-comprehensibility, because anything I'd try to point out for your benefit won't help you on its own.

But that's my other point. That's not what's happening. PSU isn't dying off. There is no "bitter sting of their own negligence". They are moving on. The series is being carried on and developed through the handheld iterations.

I doubt SEGA is greatly suffering in this regard.

Also I don't really care for how this thread seems to have naturally dove upon you. The spam comments of others sort of drown any and all actual points.

Sayara
Jan 25, 2010, 12:32 AM
No more.