PDA

View Full Version : Right\Left should button problems

jaygoemon
Jan 22, 2010, 12:25 AM
Is anybody else having any issues with your shoulder buttons after playing for a long time now?

My right shoulder trigger just completely isn't working anymore. I barely tap it to access menus this is just really frustrating. I have to go replace my DS now and this is just ridiculous haha.

zeital
Jan 22, 2010, 12:40 AM
nope no prob here, my left one was aredy stuffed from my droping it once >< but it works fine for this game, onyl had a problem with the L botton in Kingdom hearts 358\2 days XD

Cruciarius
Jan 22, 2010, 12:49 AM
I don't have any problems, but I have heard that games that use the L and R buttons a lot, can cause problems with them.

Anti-Phoenix
Jan 22, 2010, 01:14 AM
No problems here despite the fact I use the L and R button numerous times with other games

barnacleez
Jan 22, 2010, 01:29 AM
Most likely it's a dust issue. Blow on the shoulder buttons, sounds stupid but it works.

Even got my ancient brick DS working with this method, thought I'd have to try selling it off to Gamestop as a working DS for $20 and rip them off... >.>

Pokerealm
Jan 22, 2010, 02:36 AM
I bought me a new DS Lite a few months ago (DS Lite > DSi).
My old one was like.. really old.

Anyways, I don't have problems with mine as of yet, but as said in the above post, blowing into the buttons should do wonders =)

FOmarRashidi
Jan 22, 2010, 03:08 AM
Dust, huh? It makes me wonder if you open the DS and clean out the L and R button like you would a console controller with dirt or gunk or whatever keeping the controls from working properly .

---

I haven't had much problems with my L and R buttons yet.

jaygoemon
Jan 22, 2010, 04:54 AM
Thanks for the feedback all, it always helps to compare experiences with things like this xD

I'll try to blowing method, I hope it helps lol

edit: Holy hell it worked! Ahaha, I love how I don't think about trying old-school methods of cleaning things with new systems. Thank you for that I am so relieved.

Macman
Jan 22, 2010, 07:20 AM
I have a launchday DS and I've never had issues with my shoulder buttons. >_>
I've played Mario Kart DS to death, too.

Chukie sue
Jan 22, 2010, 09:15 AM
My L & R buttons already werent working properly.. Although, my upper screen now makes everything red and look distorted. It doesnt affect gameplay other than finjer colors are hard to see >_>

Apollo Factorial
Jan 22, 2010, 09:18 AM
My left shoulder button is having issues. I never experienced an issue with it before playing PS0. xD Sometimes it sticks, sometimes it doesn't. I have noticed that my start button is considerably easier to click now. O_o; I guess I never broke that button in.

Kytan
Jan 22, 2010, 09:20 AM
Yeah, the L and R buttons do slowly break, though as said, blowing in them helps. My brother says it comes from carrying them in your pocket, though I'm not 100% sure if that's it.

kirtblue
Jan 22, 2010, 08:44 PM
Most likely it's a dust issue. Blow on the shoulder buttons, sounds stupid but it works.

this does work ive had to do it myself and havent had any problems sense

Haruta
Jan 22, 2010, 10:25 PM
Is anybody else having any issues with your shoulder buttons after playing for a long time now?

My right shoulder trigger just completely isn't working anymore. I barely tap it to access menus this is just really frustrating. I have to go replace my DS now and this is just ridiculous haha.

Actually, I recently had this problem as well. My R button wouldn't work, no matter how much poking, prodding, wiggling, or other that I tried to get it to work. For a while I put it off, but then I got PSZ so I had to get it fixed.

Just call up Nintendo and send it in to them. It takes about a week or so, but it'll come back great. And it's all free if it's still under warranty.

pinkace
Jan 22, 2010, 10:43 PM
known issue with DSi models. It happened to me, right trigget button. After trading mine in, I was told by the clerk that he had seen a lot of those. I googled it rigth there at the store on my blackberry and it is true. What sucks the most is I usually don't buy warranties for nintendo products because they usually dont have problems. However, PSP and PS3 have been rock solid this generation, whereas I have 'traded' 2 DS Lites and 1 DSi so far this gen. whoodathunkit?

leviayurashyguy
Jan 23, 2010, 10:06 PM
i've had trigger problems since my game boy advance. usually my solution to the problem is to blow into the buttons. it works liek a charm for a while then i have to do it again.

it happened with my last DSlite but with my recent DSlite, i've only experience the problem once. by once i mean for liek 1-2 hrs or something. haven't had any since

rickfrior
Jan 23, 2010, 10:09 PM
Yes, just blow the holes on the buttons.
I've had problems too, but when I did this, *POOF* problem solved!