PDA

View Full Version : Eternal Tower OR Wi-fi Play?

rickfrior
Jan 22, 2010, 09:59 AM
Hi, guys! I just thought of something... So I've been doing some runs on Eternal Tower SH, I get rare items, armors or so but is this really the best way to get them?

What about doing Wi-fi Play? Well, personally, this is more fun than playing alone in at least two days on the ET! :p

Can you please give me your thoughts as to which is the better way?

Choice 1: Eternal Tower SH takes like two days even with NPCs, but gets you ultra rares commonly from the Blade/Force/Shot/Heaven's Mothers.

Choice 2: Wi-fi Play where you can chat, do some runs, and is more fun.

Denzbrujah
Jan 22, 2010, 10:03 AM
I usually do SHET runs on the weekend while @ work since I dont have wifi there and I do online/freeplay runs during the week. I find it to be a good mix.

Opodomus
Jan 22, 2010, 10:07 AM
Browsing forums at work is one thing, but actually pulling out the DS and doing an ET run?? What kind of job lets you get away with that?!

mid Knight
Jan 22, 2010, 10:07 AM
Mmmmm I would have go for choice 2. I mean it true that ET does got good rares stuff but it doesn't guarantee you will get any worth while rares at all so all the hours/day spending on it are in vain. Wi-fi ain't so great well if you on freeplay since you may not get a full party or lack of teamwork but that what playing people on your FC list are for.

Chukie sue
Jan 22, 2010, 10:24 AM
From my experience (and many others)

ET is the best way to find rares if you are NOT searching for something specifically.

Say you're looking for a Kouga shuriken, you would want to do ozette with friends, freeplay would work too.

rickfrior
Jan 22, 2010, 12:33 PM
Huh...good point guys...
I guess it changed my way of thinking...
So... 80% Wi-fi Play and then 20% ET (I mean on weekends!!) :p

Silvaya
Jan 22, 2010, 12:46 PM
or...if u can stomach it, 2 SH ET runs per day, like me XD

rickfrior
Jan 22, 2010, 12:51 PM
What?!!! Really? Haha! I could do only once per day back on Winter Break!

Opodomus
Jan 22, 2010, 01:31 PM
or...if u can stomach it, 2 SH ET runs per day, like me XD

You, sir, remind me of myself before I got a job, a house, and a girlfriend->fiancee->wife. Now I can do one ET run a week.

Silvaya
Jan 22, 2010, 02:14 PM
i only do it if i have lots and lots of extra time. lol. since i dont have wifi right now..........

rickfrior
Jan 22, 2010, 08:54 PM
You have no wi-fi?
But didn't we go on once?

Silvaya
Jan 22, 2010, 09:07 PM
i'm at my college dorm now. awaiting my wifi adapter to arrive in the mail

Kirukia
Jan 22, 2010, 09:15 PM
i'm at my college dorm now. awaiting my wifi adapter to arrive in the mail

My friend went back to college and has been having trouble connecting to psz on wifi.
I hope I can connect at campus or I'm going to be bored out of my mind when I go back on Monday.

Windancer
Jan 22, 2010, 09:53 PM
Browsing forums at work is one thing, but actually pulling out the DS and doing an ET run?? What kind of job lets you get away with that?!

my job lets me get away with it also http://pcenginefx.com/forums/Smileys/default/eusa_dance.gif

Silvaya
Jan 22, 2010, 09:53 PM
lol i ordered a wifi usb adapter just to play psz at college XD i hope it arrives tomorrow. it already arrived at my local post office. now they just gotta ship it to the final destination (my dorm mailbox)

Windancer
Jan 22, 2010, 10:33 PM
lol i ordered a wifi usb adapter just to play psz at college XD i hope it arrives tomorrow. it already arrived at my local post office. now they just gotta ship it to the final destination (my dorm mailbox)
Awesome Hope to see ya on there! if you want to add me PM me and I will add you I play with no hacks and legit. let me know

Chukie sue
Jan 22, 2010, 11:24 PM
Wheneva you wanna catalog the yono.. its all yours

Silvaya
Jan 22, 2010, 11:57 PM
Awesome Hope to see ya on there! if you want to add me PM me and I will add you I play with no hacks and legit. let me know
i'll let u know once i get my wifi up and running

golf guru
Jan 23, 2010, 12:02 AM
lol what is your major/what year are you mason? Two a day? hrm, I won't say it's nuts or impossible (I can get one a day in most days while still wasting time with silly things like class/projects/clubs/sports), but to get two in, I'd imagine you are practically playing in class and don't take breaks.

But it will all be worth it when (not if) you get your p wand!!

Windancer
Jan 23, 2010, 12:03 AM
i'll let u know once i get my wifi up and running

Nice! I play with a very nice group of peeps when we pick up stuff we cant use we usually kick it to people who can use it.

Silvaya
Jan 23, 2010, 12:04 AM
well no not always 2 a day. i try to do 1 a day, and if i can finish, i start one and finish it the next day. so really, about 1-2 per day. especially since i have no wifi yet

i sometimes did 2 a day during break...nothing else to do

golf guru
Jan 23, 2010, 12:13 AM
yeah, I did two in one day over break once. Very draining, but not as bad as some people would think.

Dnd
Jan 23, 2010, 02:40 AM
yeah, I did two in one day over break once. Very draining, but not as bad as some people would think.

Not as draining? my last hard tower took 4 days because everytime i picked the dam DS up to carry on, i felt tired after like 5 floors >_<. (even at mid-day, after being up for like 4 hours ;p)

jmanx
Jan 24, 2010, 05:29 AM
Only do Eternal Tower when u dont have wifi access