PDA

View Full Version : Element Levels?

Kytan
Jan 22, 2010, 12:09 PM
What exactly do they do? Increased chance of activation? More potent effect? Longer lasting effect? I have no idea >_<

Kirukia
Jan 22, 2010, 12:11 PM
Depends on the element.
Either increased chance of activating (Such as Heat)
Or it's more potent (Such as Celeb)

rickfrior
Jan 22, 2010, 01:33 PM
Huh, good question.
I do want to ask... do Elements in general activate depending on your ATA?

Grimhart
Jan 22, 2010, 01:48 PM
All the info is right over here:

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2609

Basically, activation is based on the weapon class. The level of the element changes the strength/duration of the effect once it does activate.

Also note that Celeb always activates, and is the only element to do so. ^^

rickfrior
Jan 22, 2010, 02:03 PM
All the info is right over here:

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2609

Basically, activation is based on the weapon class. The level of the element changes the strength/duration of the effect once it does activate.

Also note that Celeb always activates, and is the only element to do so. ^^

Yeah, same with Life Element.
I'm wondering about the Heaven Element, "unknown" LOL

Grimhart
Jan 22, 2010, 02:14 PM
Yeah, unless it gets some sort of additional chance of activating, Heaven might be pretty much the same regardless of level. .-.

Kirukia
Jan 22, 2010, 02:28 PM
What about Chaos element. I've never used it but what does it do? Pick a random effect?

Silvaya
Jan 22, 2010, 02:32 PM
pretty much. u could deband/shifta a boosted arkzein R and give urself one heck of a time killing it

Tizerak
Jan 22, 2010, 02:50 PM
heaven element from what I understand the chance to instant death increases with rank but it kinda sucks cause as you go from Normal -> Hard -> Super Hard more and more things are immune to it where only the lightest of monsters like Usanny / Growls are affected by it.

Kirukia
Jan 22, 2010, 02:55 PM
pretty much. u could deband/shifta a boosted arkzein R and give urself one heck of a time killing it

LOL
That sucks.
I think Arkzein are harder than the rare form though. The rare form doesn't have missiles and it's charge attack just knocks you over.

Silvaya
Jan 22, 2010, 02:57 PM
well, arkzein R's arent strong enough to knock me over with their charge attacks anymore, so i'm more worried about close up damage against arkzeins. yes, the regular ones shoot a missile, but usually only once during the initial approach, which i usually avoid. but a boosted arkzein's missile could be fatal for anyone under 500 hp lol

Kirukia
Jan 22, 2010, 03:02 PM
well, arkzein R's arent strong enough to knock me over with their charge attacks anymore, so i'm more worried about close up damage against arkzeins. yes, the regular ones shoot a missile, but usually only once during the initial approach, which i usually avoid. but a boosted arkzein's missile could be fatal for anyone under 500 hp lol

In that case they are probably a bitch. I'm a force so my def sucks and they only hit me once xD
But yeah boosted arkzein are FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
I remember my friend and I went through arca on hard with our hunters. Hes also a cast. We killed two arkzein, then more spawned. After we finally won and healed I was picking up my drops while he walked into the next room. He walked back out and goes. Two arkzein, and one is boosted FFFF.
Arkzein are horrible =<

Macman
Jan 22, 2010, 09:50 PM
My friend tells me that shields work exceptionally well against approaching Arkzeins, since you can just block the missiles.

Kirukia
Jan 22, 2010, 10:07 PM
Hmm I hadn't thought of that.
Thanks for the tip.

Haruta
Jan 22, 2010, 10:17 PM
My friend tells me that shields work exceptionally well against approaching Arkzeins, since you can just block the missiles.

I haven't fought against Arkzeins for a while now, but yeah, I remember Shields being awesome against them. Not sure about the missles (can't really remember), but with everything else you can just block for small amounts of PP.

Also, I seem to remember that Shields can have the highest Element Lvs.

I'll probably be using them with my HUcast if I ever get to making him.

Anti-Phoenix
Jan 23, 2010, 02:01 AM
If Sega didn't put in the barrel roll in the game we've would've been screwed by Arkzein's ramming attack unless you have high EVP