PDA

View Full Version : freeplay annoys u when...

zeital
Jan 23, 2010, 08:04 AM
for me its when u get lv 100's in ur normal lv party for freeplay (or like 85+), i often d/c cuz it takes the fun out freeplay on the maps cuz they damn well kill EVERYTHING b4 u get a chance, its the one thing thats annoying me about freeplay cuz i dun have rely any friends to add on here ^^

mid Knight
Jan 23, 2010, 08:46 AM
Mmmm let see-
A player run ahead before everyone else
Not capable of healing him/herself if I am playing as my Hucast
Leave at the start, bad teamwork and at the boss teleport room or after we got our ass kick (I only forgive them if they got d/c since you can tell if they leaving when the menu icon is over their head or say "Sorry" and then leave)
Not utilizing their character type properly e.g. Force or non Cast hunter using buff or heal (It acceptable if Ranger use hunter weapons since some hostile has high gun resistance or when Force use the slicer)
So underlevel that the player dies way too many time
Not bringing Scape dolls with them
Not fully prepare himself/herself when about to face the boss (Go back to town if you have to but don't abuse my time for taking way too long).
Not moving like going into their menu for too long.
Doing nothing and letting the others doing the killings.

I think I may left something out as these are the ones I can think at the top of my head.

bobmanjr2
Jan 23, 2010, 10:08 AM
I keep ending up with people that either drop out right when we start up a feild or they do 999 damage, which isn't right, especially since its was on super hard mode :/.

Red Ring
Jan 23, 2010, 11:20 AM
I keep ending up with people that either drop out right when we start up a feild or they do 999 damage, which isn't right, especially since its was on super hard mode :/.

I can't believe Sega would make a PS game on the most hacked portable device of all time. Some countries sell more DS consoles than DS games.

Cruciarius
Jan 23, 2010, 11:28 AM
I can't believe Sega would make a PS game on the most hacked portable device of all time. Some countries sell more DS consoles than DS games.

Can't blame Sega or Nintendo for Action Replay being made. Can only blame those who buy Action Replay. Or even worse, those who don't legally obtain the game.

Every system has some sort of cheat device available. DS may be the system with the most cheaters, but it's also the best handheld system out, which pretty much explains why. The other systems just don't have as many users as the DS has.

Back on topic...

I just use this thread, to post all my annoyances and other Free Play experiences:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173398

Red Ring
Jan 23, 2010, 12:01 PM
Replace best with currently most bought. Otherwise the Nintendo Wii is also the best home console. Maybe they are the best? *pukes on the floor*

Cruciarius
Jan 23, 2010, 12:10 PM
I called the DS the best handheld, due to everyone I know who have both a DS and a PSP, rarely use the PSP. They enjoy the DS games far more. Plus, Sony and any other company aren't likely to ever get a strong foot in the handheld market to vs Nintendo. Sure, the PSP sells, but it's no DS.

RowenOfStrata
Jan 23, 2010, 12:24 PM
I just got my psp and to e honest I would be interested in using it more, it's just a matter of the fact that games wise there hasn't been as much that I want on it.

Maybe if I can find a copy of VP Lenneth but overall it's biggest draw would be if I could get my old PS1 games onto it.

Chukie sue
Jan 23, 2010, 01:06 PM
PSZ > Dissidia... Barely.

kirtblue
Jan 23, 2010, 07:52 PM
i think this is the third thread like this

Kirukia
Jan 23, 2010, 08:33 PM
Freeplay annoys me when people don't heal themselves and wait for me to do it.
I mean if you're a cast and we aren't in battle I can understand because the person should be helping you out if they have resta anyway. But seriously I've seen forces not heal themselves before and wait for hunters to heal them .___.

Z-735
Jan 23, 2010, 08:35 PM
When people don't heal when im on my RAcast, d/c immediately when starting, run ahead, and so much more

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jan 23, 2010, 09:40 PM
Never tried freeplay mode. Only friendcode and solo.

FOmarRashidi
Jan 24, 2010, 01:14 AM
I've only been on freeplay a couple times. The first time was a pleasant experience, two slicer wielding forces going through the snowfield on normal with the guy I was paired up using foie and me doing the healing. The second was more unpleasant. It was me and three other people in the valley and those three just rushed through everything.

Windancer
Jan 24, 2010, 01:21 AM
for me its when u get lv 100's in ur normal lv party for freeplay (or like 85+), i often d/c cuz it takes the fun out freeplay on the maps cuz they damn well kill EVERYTHING b4 u get a chance, its the one thing thats annoying me about freeplay cuz i dun have rely any friends to add on here ^^

I would have to agree with this also. no reason for a 100 to join your freeplay game unless you want some power leveling help. I think another thing that annoys me is on super freeplay when you get hooked up with 1 other person and they automatically disconnect whynot give the level a try and see if 2 of you can take it.

leviayurashyguy
Jan 24, 2010, 01:39 AM
its offensive for me to play my lvl 100 on normal during free play? i thought i was doing newbies a favor giving them free EXP =o

my only gripe with ppl on free play are the ones that wish to run every single area of the map instead of doing the boss ASAP

and when i free play with a FO and im on my HU, sometimes i don't heal myself because i figured they will. i no someppl are totally into the support build so they will gladly heal me. also i no sometimes when im on my FO and im playing support, someone gets low on HP and they instantly shoot back up to full before i can get off my Alresta. thats 24 PP down the drain =(

Kirukia
Jan 24, 2010, 02:03 AM
I don't mind being support but I'm not going to babysit people.
Sometimes it seems people would rather die than heal themselves.
I agree with the level 100 thing though. I've thought about going to freeplay with my 9x just to help out newbies. I don't see how thats a bad thing. If you don't want to go with them then you don't have to, but I hardly think it's fair to blame the higher leveled player for encroaching on your game.

Windancer
Jan 24, 2010, 02:03 AM
its offensive for me to play my lvl 100 on normal during free play? i thought i was doing newbies a favor giving them free EXP =o

my only gripe with ppl on free play are the ones that wish to run every single area of the map instead of doing the boss ASAP

and when i free play with a FO and im on my HU, sometimes i don't heal myself because i figured they will. i no someppl are totally into the support build so they will gladly heal me. also i no sometimes when im on my FO and im playing support, someone gets low on HP and they instantly shoot back up to full before i can get off my Alresta. thats 24 PP down the drain =(

Yeah the level 100 on freeplay would be doing low levs a favor personally I dont mind I just like to play. But your point of view is also a thought to consider.

I also like to run and get every room http://pcenginefx.com/forums/Smileys/default/icon_redface.gif myself LOL just in case I missed somethin.

Lately ive been playing my Fomar as a support Cleric type of character on Super Kinda fun but my rankings go down when I do that which is something to consider my competitive personality may win over on this but its a shame err shameful not to be healing a group when your heal hits for like 630 per heal http://pcenginefx.com/forums/Smileys/default/eusa_doh.gif buffing the group uis always appreciated as well. when I have the buffs and heals in place I just use PA attacks LOL If you would like to add my FC pm me you sound like fun to play with. Im considering replacing the Hard attack, Roll, and light attcks with spells to get a full menu of spells going on my fomar I mean lets face it I have a 7 rod that doesnt hit worth beans anyway http://www.nohomers.net/images/smilies/grill.gif

jmanx
Jan 24, 2010, 05:24 AM
Dunno im always on Friend play like everyday

zeital
Jan 24, 2010, 06:51 AM

see i'm one of those who likes clearing all the map area's cuz u never know if u will find something of value XD

I don't mind being support but I'm not going to babysit people.
Sometimes it seems people would rather die than heal themselves.
I agree with the level 100 thing though. I've thought about going to freeplay with my 9x just to help out newbies. I don't see how thats a bad thing. If you don't want to go with them then you don't have to, but I hardly think it's fair to blame the higher leveled player for encroaching on your game.

ok its not so much of a bad thing if u wait for the lower lvl's to catch up, but the ones that i've freeplayed with just run though everything so we don't end up getting the exp cuz i think you need to be on the same area map to get it right?

Kirukia
Jan 24, 2010, 07:10 AM
Yes you need to be in the room when the enemy dies to get experience. Well even if you're in SH people will run ahead and kill things. It isn't so much their level as just their attitude. There tend to be some douchebags on Free Play, which is why I only do it if nobody is online.

zeital
Jan 24, 2010, 07:34 AM
as i said in my 1st post i rely don't have many friend (here on this site) to go online with (that are about my lv) eather that or i got to round up my friends to do in the same room play w/e its called again

Kirukia
Jan 24, 2010, 07:51 AM
You could always try looking through party matching.
Making friends is fun :]

leviayurashyguy
Jan 24, 2010, 07:56 AM
free play isn't all that bad. its just liek public transportation, you meet all types of ppl, the good and the not so good. don't let it discourage you from playing with random ppl.

why my most epic story was when i was playing on free. back when i was a newbie on my FOmarl, me and this HUcaseal duo'd Humilias on hard when i was in my early 40's IIRC. we wiped liek 12 times but we never gave up! =D

Z-735
Jan 24, 2010, 02:02 PM
My best freeplay moment was when I was around my late 80's on my FOnewearl. It was a lvl 72 HUmar and I, and we were in Arca as well but SH. We killed Humilias (took awhile lol) and he only died 3 times and I once XD

SneakySneaky
Jan 24, 2010, 02:33 PM
It's fun to start a game with near level party members. Free play is kinda difficult to find and annoy me if they d/ced once he enters the game. It's amazing in netplay. It almost gets no lag with characters and enimes.

Kirukia
Jan 24, 2010, 03:02 PM
Ugh what is wrong with you people?
You're talking about your favorite experiences in the "freeplay annoys u when..." thread,
and in the Player Meet Up/Free Play Experience thread, people are complaining about what annoys them in freeplay.
MY LIFE IS A LIE.

leviayurashyguy
Jan 25, 2010, 12:02 AM
MY LIFE IS A LIE.

if by "LIFE" you mean "cake" then yes, the cake is indeed a lie

FoMarlBorough
Jan 25, 2010, 10:43 PM
if by "LIFE" you mean "cake" then yes, the cake is indeed a lie

but it tasted so good! kinda like kool-ade