PDA

View Full Version : GC Piping a Hildeblue

PhantasmalSage
Jan 23, 2010, 06:35 PM
Wow, well I'm a level 48 Purplenum RAmar on Very Hard looking for a Hildeblue's Head for my FOnewearl who is a Whitill. I started Piping on Forest of Sorrow's 4 Bear spawn at level 47.

I've piped it for about 5 hours. Non-stop. Around 30 difluids I went through, which heals my TP full (I use the fluid when I'm unable to cast Ryuker anymore) and I get in about 20 Ryukers in 1 Full bar of TP. So that's around:

4(Bears) x 20(Ryuker) x 30(Fluids) = 2400(Total Bears seen)

And I have found NO - NOT ONE! Hildeblue.
So should I even continue? What are the chances? I want the weapon really really badly, I already have Hildebears head 3 times but want the Blue head. I want to know what it took everyone else, and your take on my piping results. Should I continue or just stop it?

Splash
Jan 23, 2010, 07:00 PM
Stop piping not just for your sake, but for the Gamecube's sake also.

Believe me, piping for a Hildeblue's Head is simply not worth it. Use a Mace of Adaman if you want a power up on Barta techniques. If you want it for the free Gibarta, well try getting use to Barta more since it does more damage on a FOnewearl.

As a side hunt, try searching for a magic rock "Moola" and keep it until you are at a higher level.

PhantasmalSage
Jan 23, 2010, 07:11 PM
Yes I know that it can damage my Wii's laser. And thus I've been trying to cut it down. I haven't any good special weapon on my FOnewearl... Just 2x Club of Luconium and Talis.

Well... What can I do with Moola.. and where can I get it?

Kirukia
Jan 23, 2010, 09:02 PM
If you use a commonly known private server, then piping doesn't work ;p

SStrikerR
Jan 23, 2010, 09:33 PM
That's only for blue burst. Piping works fine on gamecube, anywhere.

Kirukia
Jan 23, 2010, 09:41 PM
Ah I see.
Although he never specified which he played on.

PhantasmalSage
Jan 23, 2010, 09:57 PM
Oh, no I don't play that commonly known Private Server. I play on the Wii which has no online capabilities for PSO.

But It's just odd. I recently got Al Rappy in 5 pipes. And on Hard I got 2 Al Rappies in one time... well I guess I'll give it a shot later on. By the way I was always wondering which would be the fastest path in very hard to get a RAmar and FOnewearl in mid 40's to 80 for ultimate....

And does anyone know what the best weapons for the path of 50-80 would be and where can I get them on V.H for the classes I have(RAmar and FOnewearl)?

psofan219
Jan 23, 2010, 10:59 PM
Just a case of bad luck, that's all. As someone said earlier, don't bother hunting for a Hildeblue Head if it's going to be on a FOnewearl (seriously?). Mace of Adaman is your friend for Barta boosting needs.

Kirukia
Jan 23, 2010, 11:07 PM
Ah then it's probably just not your lucky day.
Though I agree Hildeblue Heads aren't really worth it.
There are better options. You can always check the database too.

Splash
Jan 24, 2010, 12:47 AM
Let's see here, he did put a GC tag in front in the topic title so that wasn't hard to figure out which version he played right? =P

Although when I saw this:

Yes I know that it can damage my Wii's laser
My reaction: "..."

Anyways...Hildeblues were always a pain to find. Al Rappies are easier because there are more Rag Rappies available than Hildebears. My advice, if you really want a Hildeblue's Head, do Forest of Sorrow runs instead of piping. Good way to get EXP also.

Speaking of which, you should do all the quests in episode 1 and then try doing all of the ones in episode 2. You should be good for Ultimate by that point.

For magic rock "Moola", look it up in the database on this site. It will give you the details.

Kirukia
Jan 24, 2010, 01:14 AM
You're assuming I have an attention span lasting longer than 5 seconds.

PhantasmalSage
Jan 24, 2010, 01:27 AM
Okay thanks everyone, I didn't notice there was a "Wii" tag.... (Is there?).
But yeah, I plan on someday hooking up online and getting quests.. I really want Snow Queen =D.

Meyfei
Jan 29, 2010, 05:32 PM
i'd second the suggestion for running forest of sorrow, but instead of doing that "4" bears pipe, if you ever pipe them, keep in mind the room in the middle of the map, right next to them, has 2 bears so you could have actually missed a blue by not checking there. Assuming you didnt check. So by checking you'll have 6 bears instead of 4.

themedisin
Feb 24, 2010, 09:06 PM
I piped the forest of sorrow about a week ago with my FOnewm in the big room with just two hildebears. I ended up getting the hildeblue on my 12th or 11th pipe, and got the head. It is really luck though...

Ithildin
Feb 27, 2010, 10:06 AM
I've said it b4 and I'll say it again. You can pick up a GC these days for a very small amount of money. I personally own three. The laser has gone on my first cube tho. If I still played PSOGC I would use one to pipe with and the other cube to play.

Koiwai_Keiji
Mar 3, 2010, 11:56 AM
Wow, well I'm a level 48 Purplenum RAmar on Very Hard looking for a Hildeblue's Head for my FOnewearl who is a Whitill. I started Piping on Forest of Sorrow's 4 Bear spawn at level 47.

I've piped it for about 5 hours. Non-stop. Around 30 difluids I went through, which heals my TP full (I use the fluid when I'm unable to cast Ryuker anymore) and I get in about 20 Ryukers in 1 Full bar of TP. So that's around:

4(Bears) x 20(Ryuker) x 30(Fluids) = 2400(Total Bears seen)

And I have found NO - NOT ONE! Hildeblue.
So should I even continue? What are the chances? I want the weapon really really badly, I already have Hildebears head 3 times but want the Blue head. I want to know what it took everyone else, and your take on my piping results. Should I continue or just stop it?

Good luck, that takes me back to when I was piping for a hildetorr way back. I had started around 8:00 pm, doing the forest of sorrow also, got a hildetorr around 3:00 to 4:00 am-ish, I could not believe how hard it was to find one, and to top it off the fact that it killed me as soon as I tried to fight it. I had just reached the level for ultimate too...I'm not even sure what it was for that I hunted anymore, but I finally did get it a few days later.

After I found out it destroys the laser, I didn't think its worth going through that much trouble. Unless you find one and it kills you, I think there's a certain vindictiveness one gets when grinding for a particular rare to only have something like that happen.