PDA

View Full Version : Rare monsters more common?

Sinix
Feb 28, 2003, 01:30 PM
Everyone here seems to have seen their share of rare monsters, im just wondering if its more common than in PSOv1? A sad story, in DC PSOv1, i played for a total of over 500 hours and saw ZERO rare monsters in all my time.

Deadlyfingertips
Feb 28, 2003, 01:40 PM
Well I only played for around 150 hours during my time on Ver1 and I only came across one rare monster and that was a Nar Lilly I belive anyways I hope to find a little bit more than that this time around.

rayner
Feb 28, 2003, 01:45 PM
I have about 125 hours between my four characters and I have seen 5 rare monsters in offline play only on the Game Cube

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rubicon on 2003-02-28 10:46 ]</font>

Tulathis
Feb 28, 2003, 01:47 PM
Yes, rare monsters are less rare in Episode 1&2. I put in over 1000 hours in the DC version and only chanced upon 4 rare monsters. In this version at fewer than 500 hours I've seen approximately 15 rare monsters outside of using the telepipe trick.

dreambrother
Feb 28, 2003, 03:09 PM
I usually redo the "Fake In Yellow" quest. I can usually get at least one Al Rappy within a half hour. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. I got a Nar Lilly the other day when I finally tried the Temple in v2. I'm not sure how many hours total, but I play with 4 characters. Been playing it nonstop for about two weeks offline tho. So far I snagged a bunch of Last Survivors and Some rifles for my Ramar. Rappy's are cool. All of this was found/done in Hard mode.

Khaotika
Feb 28, 2003, 04:18 PM
Yup. Although some seem to be more common than others for every person.

Myself, I see lots of Nar/Mil Lillies and Slimes, and very few Rappies/Blues/Torrs.

-Khao

GandorDurin
Feb 28, 2003, 04:42 PM
There's only two (known) things that affect how often one finds rare monsters:

1. How many of the normal type of enemy are seen.

And

2. Complete 100% luck!

Maybe I've been lucky, maybe not...I've seen somewhere around 200 rare monsters so far is my guess, give or take about 50. Around 1500 total hours playtime...Approximately a third of that, possibly more has been spent just telepiping for rare monsters. I've found about 15 rare monsters by not telepiping for them at all.

Make your own conclusions from this semi-accurate info. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Tigereye
Feb 28, 2003, 04:44 PM
I've seen several Pal Rappies, Mil Lilies and Hildetorrs so far. Heck, I've even run into 2 big Pal Rappies.

Muku6
Feb 28, 2003, 10:10 PM
Oh yes. Finding them, at least for me is MUCH easier. With over 350 hours loggged in (yea I know it's not long for some people, but for me it is) on the DC PSO v1 I never saw a single rare enemy.

With around 260 hours now I believe.. on the GC I've found: x07 Al Rappies, x03 Hildeblue, x04 Nar Lily, x01 Santa Rappy. I haven't even really tried to find them, they just find me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Muku6 on 2003-02-28 19:11 ]</font>

PalRappy03
Feb 28, 2003, 11:54 PM
Not a single rare monster! Ive got about 160 hours with one of my charachters and hes seen 1 Al Rappy, 2 red slimey things, and 2 or 3 lillies. Thats not to mention my other charachters....

CGoodness
Mar 1, 2003, 12:14 AM
you said 2 red slimes most people haven 't seen any so dont complain my friend and i switched offin a room withn 2 normal slimes telepiped and kept multiplying them for 6 fricken hours and ive still never seen one

Annoy
Mar 1, 2003, 11:12 AM
couldnt prove it by me. I've got...lets take a stab here, about 600 hours on four different characters...and I've seen 2 Nar Lillys.... o.o both of them gave me a Dragon/HP...oh and I saw a red slime thingy....I can never remember the name...and it dropped a Rafoie 30.. but then again....I dont have the patience to telepipe back and forth for prolonged periods of time...

Tra
Mar 1, 2003, 12:12 PM
I probably saw about 5 rare monsters total in my 200 hours on DC version = don't remember what they dropped

well as for gc, I've seen a lot more^^
about 300-400 hours, I probably came by 4 pals (no tp trick, nothing dropped anyways), 4 als, 2 nars, 5 mils (including temple), 1 hildeblue, 1 hildetorr, and lots of love rappys (10?)
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

wizkid357
Mar 1, 2003, 03:49 PM
I`ve been playing for 47 hours and I found 2!

Mystil
Mar 1, 2003, 04:00 PM
With my dead Sil in Ver1, I had 650 hours, and it was around hour counter number 500 of so, that me and my friend saw a red slime. It dropped some kind of andriod parts or something like that. He was happy. That was the first and only rare I ever saw on V1.

On V2 before my card died, I saw a big AL Rappy. I didn't know what was behind me, til I turned around and was like OMG WTF~!!!!!!!?????? This was around hour counter 780. He dropped nothing, but it was the first time I saw a rare monster offline.

gideonx
Mar 1, 2003, 11:11 PM
With my HUcast I have already seen 2 Rares (both Al Rappys) in 50 hours. One on normal, One on Hard. One dropped nothing, the other 1100+ Meseta. Bleck!

Axispoint
Mar 2, 2003, 01:26 AM
I've only had about 10-20 hours (prolly closer to 10) and I took a very low level character (brand new one) into the caves and third room I came into there was a Nar Lilly. Annoyed me kinda 'cos I've never seen one before after playing V1 for well over a 100 hours, lol.

Maelkith
Mar 2, 2003, 10:57 PM
yes, rare monsters are more common. quests and events are the best place to see them. aside from 5 st rappies, i cannot count what i have seen. i am sure that on this version i have seen one of everything except the halloween rappy. i would hazard a guess that they are at least 20 times more common.

CorneliusPower
Mar 3, 2003, 07:36 AM
Umm rare monsters are not common....hello?

Phobos-X
Mar 3, 2003, 08:53 AM
less common? pfft! ive seen more rare monsters in Episode 1&2 in two months, than i seen in the entire year i played v1. for me, Hildeblues appear very frequent and i only play on NORMAL difficulty

MonoxideChild
Mar 3, 2003, 10:13 AM
They are more common in Ep 1&2, but I still see the same damn one. The only one, till today that I've seen is a Nar Lily.

I've ran into about 20 of those so far. 8 on ver. 1 dc and the other 12 in episode 1 and episode 2. I found a pal rappy today, the 2nd rare enemy I've ever seen, AND THE $#@*&$% THING DROPS A DIGRINDER!!!! Ahh well, at least I'm running into more rare enemies now. I did get a god/battle from a Nar Lily last night, so I can't complain.

Rika-454
Mar 3, 2003, 03:06 PM
ive seen 3 pal rappys in 2 days. the first one killed me ;_; but the other 2 drops solid shields : ya they seem way more common than they were on dc....
im still hunting for pal rappys i'll post again tonight and see how many ive found....

fyrewyre
Mar 3, 2003, 04:21 PM
750 hours today and circa 30 pal rappies, one res slime, 2 blue rappies (cmode too), 5 nar, 3 mil, no hilde blues 2 hildetorrs, funny looking colored plant bosses (might not count), and thats about it i think. in conclusion three are more rare monsters and very few drops http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Phobos-X
Mar 4, 2003, 09:43 AM
the most common rare enemy ive seen is the Hildeblue. Ive seen 1 Al Rappy and 2 Nar Lillies. Hildeblues... i lost count at 8. Ive gotten some "decent" rares, nothing uber. I got a shitload of DB Sabers, Flowen's Swords, Angel Minds, and 1 Kaladog (sp)

Rika-454
Mar 4, 2003, 05:11 PM
6 pal rappy's. 4 days. only the 5th one i seen gave me a rare (angel harp) im still hunting for them. i hope to find another angel harp

goaliedude10
Mar 4, 2003, 05:35 PM
From what I've heard, yes. I've seen none tho, since I'm in normal http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

NodMan
Mar 5, 2003, 02:51 AM
well i have had over 1000 hours offline with 8 characters (too poor to go online) and i have ran into 10 Ai Rappys, 6 Love Rappys, 4 Pal Rappys, 12 Nar Lilys, 7 Mil Lilys, 17 Hildblues, 9 Hildtorrs and 1 Gold Garanz dont know how maybe 100 luck with Whitill dropped me Nug-2000 bad ass (give or take a few). All have dropped rares.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NodMan on 2003-03-09 23:32 ]</font>