PDA

View Full Version : GC: Question about BBA

LemonAndLime
Feb 28, 2003, 01:41 PM
Oook then. I'm looking foward to playing this online when I get it, but I have one question before I do; I have a router I use to connect to broadband internet, but when I'll use it with my GC, it won't be connected to my pc, just the gamecube. Will this cause any sort of problems? Also the router's got a built-in firewall. Will this cause problems? Or, do you know what port PSO uses so I can disable it for that?

Celes152
Feb 28, 2003, 02:08 PM
So, you're saying the connection will be:

Cable Modem -> GCN

or

Cable Modem _> router -> GCN

Is your ISP PPPoE?

LemonAndLime
Feb 28, 2003, 03:19 PM
Er....I don't have a cable modem. It's in the router. So it'll just be Gc---> Router----> phone line.

My ISP is PPPoA.

BrokenHope
Feb 28, 2003, 06:56 PM
On 2003-02-28 12:19, LemonAndLime wrote:
Er....I don't have a cable modem. It's in the router. So it'll just be Gc---> Router----> phone line.

My ISP is PPPoA.

I assume your mean PPPoE which would be dsl, the firewall may cause problems, you might have to forward the ports pso uses or if you can disable the firewall on the router.

LemonAndLime
Mar 1, 2003, 04:43 AM
Nope, I know I definitely don't mean PPPoE. My router can use either that or PPPoA, and my ISP needs PPPoA. But my connection is still dsl..I think...or is it ADSL? Hmmmm....

On the subject of ports, do you know what ports PSO does use?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LemonAndLime on 2003-03-01 01:44 ]</font>

BrokenHope
Mar 1, 2003, 06:29 AM
On 2003-03-01 01:43, LemonAndLime wrote:
Nope, I know I definitely don't mean PPPoE. My router can use either that or PPPoA, and my ISP needs PPPoA. But my connection is still dsl..I think...or is it ADSL? Hmmmm....

On the subject of ports, do you know what ports PSO does use?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LemonAndLime on 2003-03-01 01:44 ]</font>

I'm not quite sure what the ports pso uses, but i think rbf2000 does so try pming him and asking.