Rogue RAcast
Jan 25, 2010, 07:27 PM
how long is the Eternal tower?

Z-735
Jan 25, 2010, 07:27 PM
101 floors with 5 rooms in each floor

Cruciarius
Jan 25, 2010, 07:50 PM
^ 5 rooms with hostiles. 2 rooms for entrance/exits to other floors.

Every 10 floors is a ??? Mother (3 variants with different abilities).
Floor 101 has the final boss.

DuRaL
Jan 25, 2010, 07:55 PM
eternal tower was the most stupid idea sega had with this game..
when i first heared about that there's an "eternal quest" on PSZ that's supposed to take more than 4 hours, i thought it sounded like a really cool thing.. it somehow reminded me of that dungeon in Lufia 2 that had 99 floors (Ahnenhöhle in german..), abd i thought it'd be playable online with friends, but NO! it's offline only, and it's the most repetetive sh** i've ever played >_>

well, i could even live with that, if you didn't have to finish that mission to get your character to very hard... on all your chars >_<

i somehow lost interest in PSZ mostly due to this mission, really..

Cruciarius
Jan 25, 2010, 08:04 PM
Only "need" to do the hard quest of the Eternal Tower on characters you want to have run the ET in SH. It seems that most on this forum just get 1 character to SH offline, just to have them run it and all other characters can do SH online.

Aridashi
Jan 25, 2010, 08:09 PM
As previously stated, there are 101 floors of boredom (that is... unless you find a way to make it entertaining), 7 rooms per floor, and, overall, the quest takes a good 4+ hours to beat, depending on your playing style.

The last time I did it when I still had my Lv. 34 HUmarl, I finished it in about 6 hours. As I was also working on some Symbol Chats, that may've been the cause. Still, with all the time involved, you do find some pretty rare drops, even for Normal. The experience is also worth the torture. Haha. :-P

RrD555
Jan 25, 2010, 08:20 PM
Of the 5 rooms with hostiles, the exit for some of them are not blocked...

you can go straight to the next room without beating the hostiles

if you are lucky, 3 out of 5 will be like this

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jan 25, 2010, 08:42 PM
I haven't noticed that.

RrD555
Jan 25, 2010, 08:47 PM
lol
if you look at the mini map, you'll see that some are blocked by a red line and some are not

saves quite a bit of time
^.^

(doing tower on SH right now...2 hrs, floor 63)

FOmarRashidi
Jan 25, 2010, 09:01 PM
I'll remember this when I finally do the Eternal Tower.

Kytan
Jan 25, 2010, 11:26 PM
I do all the rooms even if they're not blocked. I just know that if I do I'll have missed a rare.

Volcompat321
Jan 25, 2010, 11:45 PM
I've only done 21 floors on Very Hard in about 30-40 minutes with my Racaseal.
I was using mech guns most of the time. :p

I'm actually about to start an adventure on Very Hard, I'll probably finish it tomorrow or something though. lol

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jan 26, 2010, 12:24 AM
Ah well, got lots of exp and items from normal and hard tower. =^.^=

SneakySneaky
Jan 26, 2010, 12:33 AM
This tower thing must to be finished at one? If it takes like 4+ hours goes up to 101 floors. I might be tired in the middle already.

acidOD
Jan 26, 2010, 01:52 AM
This tower thing must to be finished at one? If it takes like 4+ hours goes up to 101 floors. I might be tired in the middle already.

You may or may not get tired... you will get bored.

Kirukia
Jan 26, 2010, 03:22 AM
I did it once on hardand once on SH D:
Eternal Tower is a pain. If you want a good idea would be to take breaks. Just put your DS isn't sleep mode by closing it and come back later.

VeJi
Jan 26, 2010, 03:28 AM
I did 4 Eternal Tower runs in 4 days on Super Hard Mode. It's not that boring!

Volcompat321
Jan 26, 2010, 03:46 AM
So, in order to unlock Super Hard mode offline, you have to beat Eternal Tower on Hard?
Or can I go through on Normal and beat it?

Kytan
Jan 26, 2010, 09:23 AM
You have to beat it on hard. I strongly suggest doing what kirukia suggested and take breaks. That's what I did, and now I've beaten the tower on every mode *and* I'm not crazy :D

Opodomus
Jan 26, 2010, 09:38 AM
If you only play 10-20 floors a day then it doesn't get boring. In fact, you'll find yourself yearning to get back to your DS and finish it.

Especially with the PROMISE of at least one rare item at the end. In another thread people deduced that Heaven Mother always drops one 7* rare armor and MAYBE always drops a 7* rare weapon (some people couldn't remember if they got a 7* rare weapon or not, no one said that they didn't for sure)

I do agree that Eternal Tower was a stupid idea though. It would be good if it worked like this:

First of all, it would have to work both online and offline. Giving the player such a great source of rares including several of the best items in the game that can ONLY be obtained offline discourages the best part about the entire Phantasy Star series: playing with friends. Instead of 101 floors with Heaven Mother at the top it should be infinite floors until you decide to quit. Blade, Shot, Force, and Heaven Mothers should be random rooms, similar to the randomly occurring Rappy and Usanny rooms that currently appear in the tower.

Kytan
Jan 26, 2010, 10:41 AM
I dunno, I like the ET the way it is. Pfft, I think that if you run out of scape dolls and die you should have to start over - kind of like the pit of 100 trials in paper mario. A severe test of endurance, if you will. I know it would suck when you died on heaven's mother, but then it sucked when you lost to the dragon at the bottom of the pit, so I don't think it'd be a huge problem. *waits for people to tell him that that's a stupid idea* >_<

l3iohazard
Jan 26, 2010, 12:19 PM
If you only play 10-20 floors a day then it doesn't get boring. In fact, you'll find yourself yearning to get back to your DS and finish it.

Especially with the PROMISE of at least one rare item at the end. In another thread people deduced that Heaven Mother always drops one 7* rare armor and MAYBE always drops a 7* rare weapon (some people couldn't remember if they got a 7* rare weapon or not, no one said that they didn't for sure)

I do agree that Eternal Tower was a stupid idea though. It would be good if it worked like this:

First of all, it would have to work both online and offline. Giving the player such a great source of rares including several of the best items in the game that can ONLY be obtained offline discourages the best part about the entire Phantasy Star series: playing with friends. Instead of 101 floors with Heaven Mother at the top it should be infinite floors until you decide to quit. Blade, Shot, Force, and Heaven Mothers should be random rooms, similar to the randomly occurring Rappy and Usanny rooms that currently appear in the tower.

also if it is online it should get harder and harder... eventually arkzeins rockets will do 1000 damage to a HUcast with 80 guards mats and a 100 guard mag D: but that would be like floor 250

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jan 26, 2010, 01:16 PM
Or 1001 floors online. *runs*

Kytan
Jan 29, 2010, 01:59 AM
So I'm doing the eternal tower, get to floor 98. Two Arkzeins show up. Now my experience with two Arkzeins in the same room is that they will hug opposite walls and shoot missles at you. if you try and dodge/block a missle, the other one will shoot at you. So I fight them, die, go back to town and restock on scapedolls, fight them, move on. I clear the next room, and move on to the 3rd. Oh look: two more Arkzeins! Repeat first room. So now I'm a bit frustrated, and I walk into room 4. Two Arkzein Rs! See first room. Room 5 has some enemies from the snowfield, which I kill. Right now, I've just walked into room 1 of floor 99. Two Arkzeins.

I hate the guy who decided that PS0 needed rooms with two Arkzeins. :(

Silvaya
Jan 29, 2010, 02:07 AM
did u know, if u stand so that one arkzein is between u and the other arkzein, the other arkzein will nail the arkzein closest to u with its missile. that way, u can use its deadliest weapon against its partner

Kytan
Jan 29, 2010, 02:48 AM
Yes. However this is negated 80% of the time because at least one always hugs a wall so I can't get one in between me and the missile :(

Macman
Jan 29, 2010, 11:11 AM
So now I'm a bit frustrated, and I walk into room 4. Two Arkzein Rs! See first room.But Arkzein R doesn't have the hax missiles of his regular cousin. ;o

Hagaishi
Jan 29, 2010, 11:29 AM
Awhile back I made a vid of me finishing the tower!
Check it out!

It was hard at the time but I got to the end.

This is me beating it on hard and will make one for supa!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laRtnKFU6nc

MadVillain
Feb 3, 2010, 11:17 AM

That would be great.

Viper X
Feb 4, 2010, 11:44 AM
I tried this on hard, got past 5 mothers already, taking breaks when I have to, and then my ds suddenly froze on the second room. I almost threw my ds in frustration! They should've at least put a quicksave feature on this thing.

Akaimizu
Feb 4, 2010, 11:47 AM
The Arkzeins are the worst. Funny enough, I was able to use the missile against the other trick before. The only time where I was chewing scapes was when the two of them decided, even though I was right there, hug the walls the whole time. Beat them, but it was nerve-racking hoping there wasn't another room of them doing that before I get to the boss.

Tweengo
Feb 5, 2010, 12:27 PM
I'm thinking of maybe saving for this game and a DS. Is this tower available on the European versions? Also, are all those weapons in the drop charts available offline? Thanks.

Gold Slime
Feb 5, 2010, 01:08 PM
The Arkzeins are the worst. Funny enough, I was able to use the missile against the other trick before. The only time where I was chewing scapes was when the two of them decided, even though I was right there, hug the walls the whole time. Beat them, but it was nerve-racking hoping there wasn't another room of them doing that before I get to the boss.

I think its even worse because if your character is strong enough that you're doing a run through the tower pretty much anything else you'll encounter in a room is easy enough to get through without any real effort. You get lulled into a cycle of clearing the room, open the chest, grab the loot, head up the stirs. Then they show up and you have 2 missles coming at you before you've noticed that room isn't filled with normal stuff you can breeze right through.

Kytan
Feb 5, 2010, 02:47 PM

You mean like getting the room say, 3 times in 2 floors, and also a room with a couple or arkzein Rs? -__- You're so lucky you only got one room with them.

FoMarlBorough
Feb 6, 2010, 07:49 PM
uhg...im in the middle of a tower climb on sh. mainly just to level up. havent gotten any good drops yet. no rare hostiles yet either...only 70 more floors to go. im taking my time on this.

kirtblue
Feb 6, 2010, 08:52 PM
arkzeins always ohko me on sh i hate them so much

Gold Slime
Feb 7, 2010, 11:04 AM
I'm early on in my first Hard ET run and I just found a new 6* D-Saber. Any advice on what element to stick on it when I warp back to town after my next mother floor?

darkfalz32
Feb 7, 2010, 08:04 PM
I would just like to point out to everyone who reads this, you NEED to do the Eternal Tower to get all the titles and/or beat the game 100%.

FOmarRashidi
Feb 7, 2010, 08:07 PM
At the very least, for the additional space in your item pack.

derekuu
Apr 7, 2010, 04:32 PM
wow it seems like every 1 here hates the eternal tower . i personaly dont have nothing against the thing because its a good challenge on normal. well im a lvl 78. and i love that tower

Kytan
Apr 7, 2010, 05:25 PM
My issue with the Eternal tower: it's too long and too easy.

Granted, if it was too long and the right difficulty, it would be worse, but if both problems were solved, it would be better. I can easily plow through any room with the exception of two arkzeins, and even then, at worst I lose a scape doll. If I DO run out of scape dolls and die, all I have to do is walk through a couple of empty rooms and pick up where I started, with no penalty. So it isn't much of a challenge.

However, as it is 100 floors, it takes several hours to go through it all. Several hours, all by yourself, wiping down random sets of enemies so I can't power farm for any non SH ET-only drops. And then, after all those hours of gameplay, I get to the top and get...... a piece of armor that's worse than the one that I got last time =/

So yeah. The ET has problems.