PDA

View Full Version : Post Here If You Quit PSOBB And Why

Red Ring
Jan 26, 2010, 02:52 PM
I quit quite some time ago and gave myself an entire month to confirm that it was the right choice before selling all my stuff and uninstalling the game because I felt I did everything the game offered and should move on to other things. Kind of regretting it a tiny bit that I burned the bridge by selling the items. Part of the reason why I'm even posting on this site is to fill that tiny void that's growing slightly bigger and bigger... Must resist....... MUST RESIST....

athena44
Jan 26, 2010, 03:00 PM
i understand your feelings exactly, i have played GC offline since the days that the official servers closed, and playing purly solo is a pain. I just yesterday installed BB and got on the local 'private' server. seeing lobbys with people is a blessing! but i feel like ive done everything there is to do in the game (except ep4) but still... the urge is there to keep playing.

i think if anything, having a addiction to pso is 10000% better then any of the other mmo's out there. at least you can take solace in knowing that your not one of those 'WoW' kids into orcs and dwarfs etc...

i do know you said to post here if you have quit. and i havent..yet.. im sure soon ill get sick of my new char on BB and go back to my old standbys on GC:offline. i enjoy knowing that as long as i keep my cube and memory cards safe ill have my chars forever.

sorry for the mini-hijack..

=)

SStrikerR
Jan 26, 2010, 03:00 PM
...sounds like a thread for bitching if you ask me.

*enter person X* "I quit because of blahblahblah"
*enter person y* "OMG SAEM LET'S BITCH ABOUT THIS!!!11!"
*enter mod* :disapprove:

That's what I forsee anyway.
I haven't quit, and most people that have probably won't be posting anyway.

str898mustang
Jan 26, 2010, 03:08 PM
if u sold ur weapons and such on BB, u obviously didn't quit.

Quittng means dropping all ur rares in a game and shutting the game off.

Red Ring
Jan 26, 2010, 03:13 PM
Oh I did quit and I'm not going back ever... Just seeing how many others quit too. The chances of me going back are about -50% seeing how I puke just by looking at the 3rd party server homepage.

str898mustang
Jan 26, 2010, 04:05 PM
U say u dont ever want to play but deep inside, u want to play again. If u truly quit, get back on PSO BB, put on ur PD's,money,rares,ect. on one char and recreate it.

Red Ring
Jan 26, 2010, 04:07 PM
I sold all my rares for 150 bucks early last year. character has nothing on it. not going back for sure since some of the people i played with told me what they did with the server. crono making money off the server now lolz. plus its still hacked to hell

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jan 26, 2010, 04:29 PM
Never started bb. Didn't want to start over again. Didn't mind for Gc. And losing exp if you kick the bucket? No thanks. The delevel may as well should have been left alone.

and xvm/xvr format is bleh for editing. I'll stick to pvr thanks.

HeartBreak301
Jan 27, 2010, 12:10 AM
You don't lose anything but 5% mag sync if you die on BB.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jan 27, 2010, 12:27 AM
No, There was exp loss. Back on the official servers

HeartBreak301
Jan 27, 2010, 12:30 AM
Wow, thats suck. Well its not on the private servers thankfully.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jan 27, 2010, 12:53 AM
It was introduced rather far in too from what I remember of those topics.

DC_PLAYER
Jan 27, 2010, 09:36 AM
I use pso bb for chat and screenshot only, never bothered playing much a game in wich the server makes all the decisions including the decision if your char disapears forever (server shutdown)

"I sold all my rares for 150 bucks early last year"
I pity the ppl that actually buy them, trades on the server are not what they seem to be, sure a phonton shere looks suspicious, but no one actually checks for mags and prizes as they can be made/found pretty easily all you need is a infinite mag feed and 1 hit kill (or 2 hit kill) and you can find many quest rares and make many mags in just 1 day (i know it because i know many ppl that do it or do you think they make sato mags using the normal method?)

I have no reasons to quit pso bb, hacking can be fun to take unique scrennshots (no hud, no char,........) and chating is great.

when pso bb goes down i will be still playing pso ver.2

HeartBreak301
Jan 27, 2010, 10:35 AM
When BB goes down I'll either join Ives on V2, or go back to offline GC.

Vanzazikon
Jan 27, 2010, 09:06 PM
Get a BBA for GC, mang. If TOH was here, he would say "They're 5 bucks at ebay." But just to show the prices:

http://video-games.shop.ebay.com/Video-Games-/1249/i.html?_nkw=Nintendo+Gamecube+Broadband+adaptor

Volcompat321
Jan 27, 2010, 09:24 PM
I got the BBA for less than 5 bucks.

Actually, I got it for a quarter at Gamestop.
(See a thread in FKL whenI mentioned it).

Also, you never really quit PSO.
No one ever does.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jan 27, 2010, 09:56 PM
No one ever does.

Tis true. Just take breaks.

Freeze
Jan 27, 2010, 10:01 PM
I've heard of these fabled breaks but I have never seen one personally.

Volcompat321
Jan 27, 2010, 10:06 PM
Tis true. Just take breaks.
:p

I've heard of these fabled breaks but I have never seen one personally.

:wacko:

To some, they don't exist.
I've seen many breaks in PSO and PSU.

DayDreamer
Jan 27, 2010, 10:44 PM
I just started Psobb...and I will 4ever be trapped in playing this game. Its..so....fun.

MetaZedlen
Jan 27, 2010, 11:28 PM
Does one person in this thread besides the OP actually give a shit?

Red Ring
Jan 27, 2010, 11:34 PM
Does one person in this thread besides the OP actually give a shit?

lol'd

DuRaL
Jan 28, 2010, 05:22 AM
No one ever does.
i know A LOT of people who quit this game.
some of them eventually come back after 5 years just to play 2-3 days and then quit again..
i wouldn't call this a break, it's rather a short break from real life or other games..

calling that a break would be like counting swimming to your hobbies when you used to go swimming in your childhood, but haven't done it for 20 years..

Volcompat321
Jan 28, 2010, 04:11 PM
5 years, and 20 years is a big difference.

No one ever does.

DuRaL
Jan 28, 2010, 05:58 PM
PSO and real life is also a big difference

if noone ever quits PSO, how do you explain that so few people still play PSO online?
believe it or not, most of the PSO players i used to play with on the official servers have quit the game after the server shut down. they moved on to other games (WoW, FFXI, PSU) or do something entirely different now.
the few of them who do return usually play for 3 days, then they leave again..

of course, there are also some PSO addicts (me included) that never really quit.. they only take breaks from time to time.
but my point is not everybody is like that.

Red Ring
Jan 28, 2010, 06:27 PM
im aware of people who quit too for good. they went on to get real lives totally away from gaming while i still hang around game sites to this day. i really need to stop. i dont like video games but they still interest me to the point that i continue to poke at old favorites who keep resurfacing. i just dont enjoy playing them. but like to see what new things they are doing

Vanzazikon
Jan 29, 2010, 08:14 PM
Sometimes you just want to choke nostalgia.

HeartBreak301
Jan 29, 2010, 09:38 PM
Theres nothing wrong with playing video games. I will for the rest of my life and I'm perfectly fine with that. It's my alternative to hitting the bars later because I don't/won't drink. So its a hobby. Some people like to play sports or get shitfaced when they have spare time, I like to play games. If people want to do other things thats fine, but when they assault me for not having a life, c'mon.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 29, 2010, 10:17 PM
Get a BBA for GC, mang. If TOH was here, he would say "They're 5 bucks at ebay." But just to show the prices:

http://video-games.shop.ebay.com/Video-Games-/1249/i.html?_nkw=Nintendo+Gamecube+Broadband+adaptor
Currently one auction going, or there's some ways to look up recently closed auctions to gauge prices. Don't think the video game database sites that track the ebay price ranges do so for adapters/accessories though, but I could be wrong.

They're still full price MSRP $35 @ the Nintendo online shop, amazingly - both that its in stock still and they had no reason to drop the price in an effort to get rid of stock faster.

Last I checked the Online Nintendo Store does have the Broadband Adapter, or BBA at original retail of $35.

Shorthanded link with TinyUrl:
-> http://tinyurl.com/ydnu8fw

Finding and getting a deal less than that from second hand means is tougher, from your eBay/Gamestop/Gamecrazy/Amazon/Craigslist searching.

If only they had the Component Digital/Out for progressive scan cables still around at regular retail price.

NeoDasus
Jan 30, 2010, 05:10 PM
I used to get really "into it" back during the GCN release. Now I just play every so often throughout the week when my friends call up to start a game.

Xbox controller in hand, turn the music off, start up winamp and ventrillo. A little Realms of War here...Max Attack C there.

I personally think that someone who quits completely still let's his/her addiction control their life. It takes real discipline to moderate your sessions.