PDA

View Full Version : Item Tachyon Gun: Breaking the rules since 2010

Tizerak
Jan 26, 2010, 02:57 PM
So we've found so far that Tachyon Gun (and the other gun rewards from "To the Future" side quest) breaks the rules of "if no element and add element it will be 1" and instead will roll a random element # from 1-5 for whatever element you initially try to put on it.

==============
OP:
This item is WEIRD, and seems to bend the rules.
I've been farming a couple to see if it will ever come with an element or if it will ever have % modifiers and its always the same no element - 0/0/0/0/0. So I thought oh what the hell I'll just go ahead and see if I can celeb it.... it became a lvl FIVE Celeb? from having no element at all? RED FLAG! I could have sworn that items you can add an element to buy don't only get lvl 1, otherwise it keeps whatever element you found with it when you change it.

Opodomus
Jan 26, 2010, 03:17 PM
I'll give this a try as soon as I'm out of the Eternal Tower and can run the quest. I would love a Tachyon gun with lvl 5 celeb. Now check if it adds 50% instead of 15% when you fortify it :)

Can anyone else try this to confirm that it happens for them also?

pso_crash
Jan 26, 2010, 03:17 PM
that is stange

Edit: oh yea, your right. I just tried it with my tachyon gun and got a lv 2 element from nothing.

Tizerak
Jan 26, 2010, 03:21 PM
Yeah just go do "To the Future" on SH, get a gun, try putting an element on it, I only did it once and got lvl 5 so I don't know if it varies or not.
Yeah it's def level 5 based on the damage I'm doing, I mainly wanted a gun for my HUcast against stupid melee resist crap like Rioh/Ruins and the seals in wetlands, and thriller combo on this thing is tearing it up!

@Oppo naw it only gave 15% :C

pso_crash
Jan 26, 2010, 03:24 PM
On my second try the element became celeb lv 3, so the element is random. You can reset until you get a lv 5 element! Nice find Tizerak

Opodomus
Jan 26, 2010, 03:26 PM
Too bad there's no way to get any percents or accuracy on it, but a 7* handgun with level 5 element and thriller combo is really nice even without any. In fact Tachyon Gun is the best handgun a non ranger can get!

This makes me wonder how many other exceptions there are to the rules...

Tizerak
Jan 26, 2010, 03:37 PM
Too bad there's no way to get any percents or accuracy on it, but a 7* handgun with level 5 element and thriller combo is really nice even without any. In fact Tachyon Gun is the best handgun a non ranger can get!

This makes me wonder how many other exceptions there are to the rules...

Exactly! like I said I only wanted a gun for silly snowfields/ruins and this will do Niceeeeely. The no % doesn't bother me much only things in those 2 zones are beast/native and 80% of the hostiles in those zones are Native so... 15% to Native it is!

....who needs RA's XP

GantzDetainee
Jan 26, 2010, 03:40 PM
I tried it too and guess what its true.Fully grind it and add an element.Mine became a lvl 3 celeb,i guess it give a ramdom level element.Good find indeed.

Tamlin42
Jan 26, 2010, 03:42 PM
And here I thought I was onto something when both times I did "To The Future" with the same party and the exact same conversation tree I got a Tachyon Gun. So there I am, wondering what to title my finding when I see Tizerak not only beat me to it, he's got an even MORE astounding finding. (Good Job!)

I keep getting lv2 Celeb tacked on my Gun. PERHAPS the level of the Gun is set but not reported properly? I'll have to try this on my other Tachyon Gun and see what happens...

Thanks for posting this.

Opodomus
Jan 26, 2010, 03:43 PM
Now we need to find a way to get a Tachyon Gun that has percents! Get on it people!

Opodomus
Jan 26, 2010, 03:47 PM
And here I thought I was onto something when both times I did "To The Future" with the same party and the exact same conversation tree I got a Tachyon Gun. So there I am, wondering what to title my finding when I see Tizerak not only beat me to it, he's got an even MORE astounding finding. (Good Job!)

I keep getting lv2 Celeb tacked on my Gun. PERHAPS the level of the Gun is set but not reported properly? I'll have to try this on my other Tachyon Gun and see what happens...

Thanks for posting this.

I don't mean to lessen your excitement, but the reward for the quest has been known to be a Tachyon Gun for a long time. It's posted in the "side quests rewards" guide of pso-world. This business with the random element is new news though.

Has anyone tried this with other quest reward items? What about Schwarz Stihl (reward from "Ana's Request")? That's a really nice shield, level 5 element on it would be sweet.

Tizerak
Jan 26, 2010, 03:49 PM
Now we need to find a way to get a Tachyon Gun that has percents! Get on it people!

That would be awesome.

But look on the bright side, you have the opportunity to get an unlimited # of Tachyon guns, so you could build a Native one to handle the first 5 zones pretty much and then a machine/dark one for Plant/Shrine.

@Oppo: I immediately thought about the other rewards too but off the top of my head I remember certain ones having a set element (don't know if you can change them though since Tachyon obviouslly breaks a rule) and I believe I remember trying it on Schwarz Stiehl(sp?) and it wouldn't show up on the list for processing an element. I could be wrong though.

pso_crash
Jan 26, 2010, 03:55 PM

Thanks for posting this.

When I tried it twice I was able to get two different lv elements. And on a third try I received a higher element (lv4) than the first two tries, so it is random and you can reset for a different lv element.

Tamlin42
Jan 26, 2010, 04:00 PM
Agreed. It IS random. For some strange reason, one of my Guns tends to give Celeb2 MOST of the time while the other Gun is completely random. (I've seen lv1 to 4 so far.)

Opodomus
Jan 26, 2010, 04:07 PM
This thread needs more activity, NOW. Tiz, edit the title of the thread to include "Come share your input, punch and pie served!"

Z-735
Jan 26, 2010, 04:08 PM
*sells tachyon gun* Say what now?

GantzDetainee
Jan 26, 2010, 04:11 PM
No, this thread should be renamed "Reeve's gun squad still hiring".

Z-735
Jan 26, 2010, 04:12 PM
XD Eww I wouldn't wanna be on his squad... He'll bitch too much

Tamlin42
Jan 26, 2010, 04:14 PM
Mmmmmm... Pie. :-)

Well, I just tried grinding each of my 2 Schwarz Stihls (a least ONE of which is a Quest reward) to +50 and neither will let me add Celeb to it. So its not universal.

Tizerak
Jan 26, 2010, 04:15 PM

He's such a weenie though just smack him.

Hmm I got an idear for renaming the thread, maybe this one will at least get put in the info sticky unlike my other one I put work in to >_> about how total hp/pp affects regen, how much mats you need etc.

Opodomus
Jan 26, 2010, 04:17 PM
Schwarz Stihl won't even let you add a level 1 element? The website says it has to element to start with, does this mean that you can't add an element to it ever?!

Z-735
Jan 26, 2010, 04:17 PM
Stop calculating Tiz DX lol Your making MY head hurt

GantzDetainee
Jan 26, 2010, 04:18 PM
@elly:yeah I know youre a big ogi fan hohoho.Reeve needs love too you know...
@tamlin:I've tried that too and got the same result.Guess it only works for the tachyon gun.

Z-735
Jan 26, 2010, 04:19 PM
Yes I am an Ogi fan e.e He's "sexeh" XD Lol

Opodomus
Jan 26, 2010, 04:22 PM
Yes I am an Ogi fan e.e He's "sexeh" XD Lol

I'm an Ana fan for reasons your Ogi pointed out.

Z-735
Jan 26, 2010, 04:23 PM
Lol im a fan of Ana as well, but not as much as Ogi e.e

GantzDetainee
Jan 26, 2010, 04:25 PM
Wah...nice topic name Tiz:D
@elly:"sexeh" because he likes "body transplant" so much lol

Z-735
Jan 26, 2010, 04:26 PM
Lol not cause of that lol. Its his character design and the way he is :3

GantzDetainee
Jan 26, 2010, 04:31 PM
Yes I know that lol,just kidding around.You forgot to mention he has the most awesome cutscene in the story.Ok time to stop jacking threads.:D

Z-735
Jan 26, 2010, 04:32 PM
QUICK TO THE THREAD CAVE! *na na na na na na na na na* I'll stop now lol

Opodomus
Jan 26, 2010, 04:34 PM
Lol im a fan of Ana as well, but not as much as Ogi e.e

I doubt your reasons for liking Ana are the same as mine...

... so Tachyon Guns. You can synthesize elements into them and get a random level instead of just level 1. You can get Celeb level 5 on a 7* rare handgun with Thriller Combo and it isn't so hard to do. That's pretty amazing. Does anyone have any additional discoveries related and on topic and not at all involving the shape of Ana's torso area?

FOmarRashidi
Jan 26, 2010, 04:35 PM

Worst person to cast Shifta on >.>

Tamlin42
Jan 26, 2010, 04:36 PM
I'm an Anna fan. So SAD that she won't even go on a Quest with me...

Opodomus:
I figured out which of my Schwarz Stihl is the Quest reward and it DEFINITELY does NOT show up on the list of available items for Element Synthesis but it DOES show up on my Photon Fortification list when ground to +50 (max) so I think you can't ever add an element to it. Pity.

Z-735
Jan 26, 2010, 04:36 PM
Yuppers lol.
I like Ana cause of her character design and how she called walkie talkies walko talkos XD

jmanx
Jan 27, 2010, 02:40 AM
it been breaking the rules since jp for me YEA TACHYON celeb lv 5 is amazing It makes it the most powerful ra weapon in the game pretty much Im not lying.

rickfrior
Jan 27, 2010, 11:17 AM
Wow, is this for real? I got to try it then! :p

Chukie sue
Jan 27, 2010, 11:25 AM
Does this only work on the tachyon gun?

rickfrior
Jan 27, 2010, 11:28 AM
It seems to prove true, it actually worked!
Well, this might be a good idea to find if it works on other weapons...

jmanx
Jan 27, 2010, 11:41 AM
It seems to prove true, it actually worked!
Well, this might be a good idea to find if it works on other weapons...

if it was possible to add elements to rare weapons.

Rujju
Jan 27, 2010, 11:43 AM
Well I think it's only limited to tachyon gun as far as I noticed.

Good alternative besides a rogue pulse or h44 missouri although the downside is it can't have stats other than fortifying it :(

rickfrior
Jan 27, 2010, 11:44 AM
Hrrm, it doesn't hurt to try, right?

GantzDetainee
Jan 27, 2010, 01:20 PM
Hey Tiz,the gun is really good at Ozette and Rioh.It makes mince meat of those seals and yeti.Good job finding this one.:)

Zike
Jan 27, 2010, 02:20 PM
is it possible to find one or is it just a quest reward?

GantzDetainee
Jan 27, 2010, 03:05 PM
is it possible to find one or is it just a quest reward?

Its a quest only item reward.It would be nice if it had % to begin with.

FoMarlBorough
Jan 28, 2010, 02:46 PM
i think it works for the 'series' of gun. i got a lvl5 luxion handgun via the same method. my racaseal is happy.

l3iohazard
Jan 28, 2010, 03:48 PM
i wonder what i should put the 15% in...

GantzDetainee
Jan 28, 2010, 04:37 PM
i wonder what i should put the 15% in...

Try native or beast since some hostiles in rioh,ozette and ruins are melee resistant.I use it on those area since my melee damage is weak there.

kirtblue
Jan 29, 2010, 06:47 PM
omg this is an amazing find good work sir

FOrulz
Jan 29, 2010, 06:57 PM
So let me get this right... you can basically roll an element level onto a weapon that has none (tachyon in this case)? I would assume then that you can do this to other weapons too perhaps? I've gotta test this......

Macman
Jan 29, 2010, 10:14 PM
Well it doesn't work with H44 Missouri...

FoMarlBorough
Jan 29, 2010, 10:39 PM
So let me get this right... you can basically roll an element level onto a weapon that has none (tachyon in this case)? I would assume then that you can do this to other weapons too perhaps? I've gotta test this......

if it does...wow. plenty of resets in the future for my ds.

Tizerak
Jan 31, 2010, 08:34 AM
Request for a mod to put this in the Information sticky under Misc. please

FOrulz
Jan 31, 2010, 01:19 PM
hmm.. So I've tried a few items that I have and this doesn't seem to work. On top of that, the tachyon gun changed to celebtachyon gun. That proves that items without name modifiers (mainly higher level rares) will not be able to be element synthesized. I even went and got a quest reward for schwarz stihl and tried to modify it to no avail.

EthanEde
Jan 31, 2010, 04:10 PM
I just rolled a level 5 celeb on my Luxion gun for my level 30 RAcast as well. So it works on guns in this series.

FOrulz
Jan 31, 2010, 04:13 PM
Very cool find ethan! I wonder if it's another gun glitch...

EthanEde
Jan 31, 2010, 04:59 PM
After a bit of play testing this Luxion gun is definitely performing at level 5 celeb and is rocking. Easy 200 damage on hostiles in rioh and wetlandson hard with my level30 RAcast (full disclosure he is full 80 pow mat, 99 pow mag and wearing 3 hero powers and a compres PA)

I think this discovery is fairly game changing especially for 2nd and 3rd character RA's that can be fed the guns, elements, grinders and cash to fuel them from their mains. Now Ra's are guaranteed a decent handgun with a good PA at every stage of the game. Much like how hunters could roll a Hadan bite to use while they searched for their Rare of choice, now RA's have a good handgun to use while they grind for rares.

The other game changing implication is that there may be more weapons like this out there.

FoMarlBorough
Feb 2, 2010, 05:04 PM
I think this discovery is fairly game changing especially for 2nd and 3rd character RA's that can be fed the guns, elements, grinders and cash to fuel them from their mains. Now Ra's are guaranteed a decent handgun with a good PA at every stage of the game. Much like how hunters could roll a Hadan bite to use while they searched for their Rare of choice, now RA's have a good handgun to use while they grind for rares.

The other game changing implication is that there may be more weapons like this out there.

yeah, a lvl5 x handgun is good, as is a celeb, burn, zalure, so on.
gives RA's a small but usefull handout that is quite needed. softens up some of the nerf.

i wonder if some people will run with all RA groups to provide more challenge? i would be game.

but back to the gun, i tried the trick with some melee weapon i found and after like 10 tries could only get it to have a lvl1 element.
perhaps it works only fot this series of weapons.

VeJi
Feb 12, 2010, 04:32 AM
Easily can fortify 15% in Native, but haven't been able to in Beast. Wonder if it's impossible...?

Edit: Got 15% in Machine for this one (building a playset). On my 3rd one I got 15% in Beast easily. So weird.