PDA

View Full Version : Dark Falz glitch

Cruciarius
Jan 26, 2010, 04:45 PM
Read some place here about the glitch where if you:

1. Kill MT.
2. Do "something".
3. Invincible vs DF.

This isn't completely true. I just did it. Was invincible vs DF for a short time, then was taking damage. I didn't access my menus or anything. Just attacked, but ran out of PP, so had to wait while it regenerated (using my HUnewearl).

FOmarRashidi
Jan 26, 2010, 04:48 PM
Read some place here about the glitch where if you use your PB while TM dies, you're invincible vs DF. This is and isn't true.

I just did it. Was invincible vs DF for a short time, then was taking damage. I didn't access my menus or anything. Just attacked, but ran out of PP, so had to wait while it regenerated (using my HUnewearl).

I recall this being mentioned in the small things people overlook thread. I also recall that rolling cancels this.

leviayurashyguy
Jan 26, 2010, 04:50 PM
i don't no if this is against forums rules, since we also can't talk about the gunblade glitch =(

Cruciarius
Jan 26, 2010, 04:53 PM
Against the rules? Their is a whole thread that talks of the different glitches, including this one. :/

Anyway, I didn't roll or do anything. I just stood still, since it's the fastest way to regen PP, without using fluids.

Edit:

I edited the first post, but apparently can't change the title. I see thread titles changed often... strange.

Macman
Jan 26, 2010, 04:59 PM
Worked for me.

Aridashi
Jan 26, 2010, 05:04 PM
I edited the first post, but apparently can't change the title. I see thread titles changed often... strange.

When you edit your first post and click on the "Go Advanced" button, I believe you can edit the title from there. You can try doing that if you want too.

FOmarRashidi
Jan 26, 2010, 05:08 PM
I see the Dark Falz thing being more of a precautionary thing. I would feel more satisfied if I defeated him legitimately.

Cruciarius
Jan 26, 2010, 05:14 PM
I see the Dark Falz thing being more of a precautionary thing. I would feel more satisfied if I defeated him legitimately.

I only did it for the quest. If I wasn't doing a quest, I'd do it without the glitch.

But anyway, I died vs him anyway. 3 times... went to town, got more scape dolls, died 3 more times... ^^;

He's annoying me. Kept doing this new thing I never saw in normal, hard or even when I vs him in a WiFi group. He does something that causes black smoke to go across the entire room and basically kills me with just that.

Macman
Jan 26, 2010, 06:17 PM
Don't stand directly in front of the clouds and you'll be fine.

Cruciarius
Jan 26, 2010, 06:42 PM
The clouds just appear, forming a line through random parts of the fight. DF makes them appear in random spots, at least twice, before doing a different attack. During the cloud attack, they just hit me once and I'm dead.

Cruciarius
Jan 26, 2010, 07:49 PM
I finally took him down, after a long battle that used nearly every fluid. No, I haven't been trying this whole time. I quit & saved, to have dinner and do other things. :P

Oddly enough, this time he didn't do the cloud attack, which made him much easier. Also, I noticed fewer of those... big hostiles, on the way to TM/DF. Coincidence?

Silvaya
Jan 26, 2010, 07:56 PM
lucked out on the RNG

FOmarRashidi
Jan 26, 2010, 10:05 PM
I finally took him down, after a long battle that used nearly every fluid. No, I haven't been trying this whole time. I quit & saved, to have dinner and do other things. :P

Oddly enough, this time he didn't do the cloud attack, which made him much easier. Also, I noticed fewer of those... big hostiles, on the way to TM/DF. Coincidence?

It seems to happen when I play action based like this. You die all the time trying to fight the last boss, then take a break, and then return and beat the guy on your first try.

Cruciarius
Jan 26, 2010, 10:13 PM
Not just did I beat him my first try, after a break, but he didn't do that black death cloud attack either.

FOmarRashidi
Jan 26, 2010, 10:18 PM
Not just did I beat him my first try, after a break, but he didn't do that black death cloud attack either.

It's probably good you lucked out this time.

Macman
Jan 27, 2010, 11:15 AM
The clouds don't move once deployed, just find a spot between two of the clouds and pelt away at Falz with a gun.