PDA

View Full Version : The beginning of the end.....

Jkid
Feb 28, 2003, 03:39 PM
As posted on the news headlines,PSO PC is no longer available in Korea and all of the Korean servers are down for good,three more US ships are shutting down for the dreamcast,making Oberion the last server on the US.And it's the end of an era and the true beginning of the end for PSO DC.And one note Miranda is going down for good.As a Minister of PSO,let us have a moment of silence for fallen ships.

pixelate
Feb 28, 2003, 04:14 PM
Poor Miranda 07. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif No more staying up late to idle in the lobby corner.

gallaugher
Feb 28, 2003, 04:14 PM
This information is simply confirmation of what we all knew a long time ago. Most people stopped playing the DC version about a year ago. Some people imported the PC version & played it for about 6 months. Then, we all waited for either the Game Cube or X Box versions to be released.

They should have shut down the DC servers 6 months ago. I have no idea why they bother releasing new content for the PC version given the amount of people that were playing it 3 months ago.

I can only hope that this will encourage some people to get the Game Cube or X Box versions.

Davion
Feb 28, 2003, 04:20 PM
I never got online with DC, but I greive over this loss. It's like my DC died all over again.

Roy_Mediab
Feb 28, 2003, 04:25 PM
but now hopefully GC and X-Box versions will be really popular and make lots of new PSO fans making the new servers stay up!

Toyzferall
Feb 28, 2003, 04:57 PM
*Bows head* I never even played DC... But I have a friend that did, and she lost it for a while, and finally got it back... To be treated to this!

AzureBlaze
Feb 28, 2003, 11:53 PM
Yeah...really is a sad day when GhettOberon is the only place left to be there.

I was there on DC, since about a month after V1 was released. It was a damm great place to be. And against common thought, it was even ok once the black market of PK/dupe/NOL/Hacked weps whatever took over. Why? You could still make friends. There was a real community there, one that's lacking here, due to the lack of KB. People make do, but it's nothing like it was before. I believe GC (and surely Xbox) will see a community like that of DC, or better, in the future. I mean, word select/softkey is one thing, but I sertainly can't have the debates and occaisonal astrophysics discussions with random people and friends that I used to.

I was there when they took down Titania, sort of my first 'home ship'--but Miranda always had more signifigance, since I spent a whole lot of good and bad times fighting there. Out of everything, I think that's the ship I'll miss most. Hopefully though, GC will someday equal all that DC was--and there won't be anything lacking to be missed; just another chapter in the great story that's PSO.

Armok
Mar 1, 2003, 06:51 AM

thats all that needs to be said

Mystil
Mar 1, 2003, 08:15 AM
Well I still remember when my home ship(Cordelia) was the first. Not like anyone knows what the ship is, cause it was the most empty in all of PSO.(hehe). But yeah, it's time for PSO DC to say so long. It's been a good 7 months that I've been there 2 years ago, and full of good and bad times for everyone. But like all good things, it has to come to an end.

And ashame it has to be fucked up Oberon to finish it off.

Jkid
Mar 1, 2003, 08:55 AM
We'll if they did take out Oberion,all that stuff there might happen to the other server that might be there in the US.

Malkavian
Mar 1, 2003, 09:49 AM
Well lastly I saw that nearly all the people in US servers were in Oberon and the others servers empty or only 1-4 users. I think that's why they keep Oberon only.

But japan still has 8 servers!!!! and Europe 4!!!!!

Mystil
Mar 1, 2003, 09:52 AM
Well, naturally Japan has no need to get rid of theirs. Them and Europe had the better Server community.(Sorry, but it's true in my opinion)