PDA

View Full Version : psycho wand

Atlantis419
Jan 27, 2010, 12:00 AM
Hey guys i'm new here, so i want to say hello first. well this past sunday i was doing the sh tower and on the 59th floor i found a psycho wand, suffice to say i was happy (i remember piping in the old pso for mil lilies lol, 2000hrs over 3 chars and no pw) so i got to thinking, ive done 7 sh towers and found 5 emperor axeon, pw and garland drei. my cousin has done 6 sh towers and found gigus rom, 2 radam and garland drei. so i was wondering do you think diffrent game cartriges have diffrent drop rates for rares programmed in? something like or rather evolved from the old ids like redria and whitill.

Atlantis419
Jan 27, 2010, 12:01 AM
my second question is after something gets cataloged in your game does the game become more willing to drop that particular rare? i ask the 2nd question because it seems that shortly after my cousin trades me something, whether to keep or just show up i seem to get it soon there after. its happend with rouge pulse, goth parasol, and pa compress. the pa compress thing really got me as id done 67 valleys (no fouma, and 120 phython fangs lol) and like 35 ozzette wetlands at the time and then got the bakery immediately (he's found the bakery 4 times).

Cruciarius
Jan 27, 2010, 12:12 AM
You're only capable of obtaining 1 PA Compress unit per cartridge.

I know someone who got a goth parasol in runs back to back. It's just luck.

Do you know how many people are going to beg for that psycho wand? xD
Rare that anybody ever says they have one.

Volcompat321
Jan 27, 2010, 12:42 AM
I'm on the hunt for one.
I always get what I want. :p

Also, you can only get 1 PA Compress per cartridge?
How....and what is it...lmao. :D

Atlantis419
Jan 27, 2010, 12:47 AM
yea i know you can only get 1 pa compress, but i figured if the game recognized that ive held a pa compress the bakery would show up. might be luck, but it worked, hey after that many tries and 200hrs i was willing to try anything. i tell you though i got my goth parasol just two runs after he cataloged it for me and we did paru 27 times in a row that day (i was on vacation) then on friday just before he left to college again, he gave me one of his rouge pulses and sure enough 7 floors up the tower i get a rouge pulse. could be eerie coincidence, but could be savvy programing too.

Atlantis419
Jan 27, 2010, 12:53 AM
hmm so is that the reason why when i checked the trade forums i didnt see many people even asking for psycho wand? must not want to open a can of worms. funny cause there was only 3 korse in the room and i thought it was just another freakin blue bulleta, i even contemplated not bothering to pick it up but i have a tendency to just take anything i get anyway, well i guess i paid my dues lol, that was nooo blue bulleta.

Cruciarius
Jan 27, 2010, 12:53 AM
Volcompat321: PA Compress is a unit that allows for faster charges (PAs and techs). It's the reward for doing the bakery quest in hard difficulty. For more bakery info, you should check out this (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2611).

Atlantis419: Bakery will appear even if you've done it's quest. It just won't grant another PA Compress once you've already been rewarded one for doing the quest before.

As for your finds, it's coincidence most likely. I've got a few rares that I've only found once. Others I've seen dozens of times. All depends on it's rarity and luck.

Atlantis419
Jan 27, 2010, 01:06 AM
true, but this is why i wonder if a few things are more likely to show up in one cartridge than another. as i may have found stuff one person hasnt and vice versa but also considering the amount of times that particular rare has dropped. for instance my valley rares seem to always be garahadan fangs and crimson vis while my cousin tends to always get ecclamesh and bakeries (seriously hes seen it like 5 times) now not that i nor him hasnt found the other stuff it just rarely if ever happens, ive seen 1 bakery and 2 ecclamesh, like wise hes gotten 2 crimson vis an 1 hadan fang while ive gotten 7hadan fangs and 10 crimson vis. there just seem to be tendencies thats all.

Z-735
Jan 27, 2010, 01:07 AM
You should post a trade list :O Cause im sure you have some stuff I want, and you'd get a ton of good offers as well e.e

Rujju
Jan 27, 2010, 01:16 AM
10 sh tower runs and still no wand for me T__T

You sir are a very lucky man.

Z-735
Jan 27, 2010, 01:21 AM
Your time will come Ruj, it will come! As for the rest of you, same as him!
Lol ;D

Atlantis419
Jan 27, 2010, 01:24 AM
i'll probably do one in the next day or two after i check what i have, stupidly however i have sold many extras never even thinking about that. shoot ive even sold a couple 10 meseta extras though mostly emperor axeons. i have to get out of this easy tower run, bringing up a new character finally and figured an easy tower run might serve better than online cuz i only need an axeon to have 100percent gunblades although it already says 100percent but im sure that must be a mistake like the wand catagory. i dont even have al azif or like 2 other wands so why it says 100percent ill never know. its like that for my cousins game too. barely no rifles though 53 percent.

Z-735
Jan 27, 2010, 01:29 AM
I have the same thing for my rifle and wands section, but I do have all the rods in the game so I have a perfect 100%

Rujju
Jan 27, 2010, 01:30 AM
Actually I gave up doing a tower run.. at least for now lol.

Atlantis, if there's a slight chance u decide to trade it, lemme know. I'll see what I can come up for u.

Silvaya
Jan 27, 2010, 01:35 AM
although you traded for your psycho wand, so that doesn't really count as you "got" one. i'm gonna keep running tower until one drops for me

Atlantis419
Jan 27, 2010, 01:39 AM
elly: hmm maybe the game cant register 99 and it just rounds up?

rujju: if i do, ill let you know ok.

Z-735
Jan 27, 2010, 01:40 AM
Maybe :/ Cause the game has been proven to have a ton of glitches DX

Rujju
Jan 27, 2010, 01:47 AM
rujju: if i do, ill let you know ok.

Appreciate it. Enjoy the wand :D

The Arbiter
Jan 27, 2010, 02:00 AM
You don't get the Compress PA for seeing the bakery -- you only get it for beating all the Hard mode quests.

Also, as far as I know, none of the Vending Machine items (Blade Cannon, Nintendo Power, etc.) are required to get 100%, but, oddly enough, they're still included in your total. Since most of the machines items are wands, it may just be that you've gotten all the vending machine items.

Atlantis419
Jan 27, 2010, 02:00 AM
thank you. eh out of curiosity anyone ever see a guardian frame with 4slots, me, my cousin and my wife have like a combined 550 hrs, 100s of sold guardian frames later none of us have ever seen it drop with more than 4 slots, and it drops a lot, whats up with that?

Atlantis419
Jan 27, 2010, 02:02 AM
i know but you cant do 15 quests unless you see the bakery. so its a direct link anyway.

Z-735
Jan 27, 2010, 02:03 AM
Not true. Each difficulty has 16 quests, the bakery is the 16th. I think... lol

Rujju
Jan 27, 2010, 02:07 AM
The "world protector title" says "cleared 15 different H missions".

so the 15th quest must be the "third daughter" which u unlock from bakery.

Atlantis419
Jan 27, 2010, 02:15 AM
yea the 15th mission is the third daughter, other wise you will only see 14 missions and unfortunately it only stays there until you beat it at whichever difficulty you choose to do it, although pa compress is from hard. which seems backwards anyway because you can find tech lv save from rappies and element boost from boomas so why it comes in hard ill never know......

Rujju
Jan 27, 2010, 02:20 AM
I don't know but it might just be me.. I often do runs of the "third daugher" quest rather than a snowfield run. I'm not sure, but my luck seems to be better doing it.

I mean I find at least an usanny or hidelgigas spawn everytime I do it, got some 7* items (although all were crappy)
I also just got a lv.3 foie haze with air ride, so no more "third daugter" quest for me :(

Atlantis419
Jan 27, 2010, 02:24 AM
o and about that vending machine counting towards your wand percent. funny you mention the sewer cause i only just bought the witch broom this weekend (i know... dont ask) and i got that title for owning it, though i bought a cx4 and it slightly raised my rifle total. so i guess sewer lady items count for your totals.

Atlantis419
Jan 27, 2010, 02:29 AM
ive only gotten third daughter once, but ive seen the pizza shop on back to back runs and ive seen a rappies nest 3 times, actually the day we did paru 27 times we had 2 rappies nests in one run. one in part one and one after the halfway point. darn paru was filled with rare monsters and arenas too, all decided to hold on to their best stuff outside of one divine power lol, killed bout 15 frounakeds too....

Macman
Jan 27, 2010, 11:18 AM
thank you. eh out of curiosity anyone ever see a guardian frame with 4slots, me, my cousin and my wife have like a combined 550 hrs, 100s of sold guardian frames later none of us have ever seen it drop with more than 4 slots, and it drops a lot, whats up with that?Frames are limited to 3 slots.

Silvaya
Jan 27, 2010, 11:23 AM
are u sure about that? i thought some of the frames i got had 4 slots

Macman
Jan 27, 2010, 11:38 AM
Frames are 3 slots, armors and robes are 4 slots.

Kirukia
Jan 27, 2010, 11:40 AM
What about Milias Frames? Don't people get them with 4 slots?

Macman
Jan 27, 2010, 11:41 AM
Milias Frame might be exempt because it's an actual rare piece of armor. (sells for 10 meseta)
Guardian Frame and Asgard Frame are still generic pieces of equipment, they're just rated 6-7* and come in a red box.

Atlantis419
Jan 27, 2010, 01:12 PM
really... i've never noticed that. so i need to check guardian frames down grades that is weird if they all come like that. possible glitch? or was this intended? cause like kirukia said millas frame has 4 slots but so does the other rare frames like eleanor. funny they would make like 5 pieces of armor in the whole game come with 3 slots.

golf guru
Jan 27, 2010, 01:16 PM
I found a P Wand awhile back, but they're not all that great. Alice Olivia's with lvl 3 celeb and higher and magical sign easily out dps them, but if you like tech spamming, it's the holy grail.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jan 27, 2010, 01:19 PM
Don't have a milias frame, but I do have a 4 slot Mobius Guarder. =^.^=

Atlantis419
Jan 27, 2010, 01:37 PM
LOL OMG he's right all the regular non ultra rare frames can only come with 3 slots. I been wondering about this for like a month seriously funny, what kinda non sense were they thinking about when they said "hey lets make all the so so generic frames be the only armors in the game to max at 3 slots".

rhubarbot
Jan 27, 2010, 01:43 PM
I found a P Wand awhile back, but they're not all that great. Alice Olivia's with lvl 3 celeb and higher and magical sign easily out dps them, but if you like tech spamming, it's the holy grail.

I prefer using my Fuuma for tech spamming, since unlike the P-wand, it's actually useful as a weapon too. But it still gets me past 1100 MST, which is quite enough for ludicrous tech damage. :D

Silvaya
Jan 27, 2010, 01:44 PM
i think alice olivia is better as a weapon because magical sign charges quickly and does a massive amount of AOE damage (much more than bright sign) and it's single hit damage rivals that of a good lv 4 foie haze (single hits), except that an AO's range is extremely short

the only thing redeeming about bright sign is its decently high proc rate for stun, but magical sign also inflicts slow, which ends up in similar results where the inflicted monster is incapacitated to a great degree

in addition, slicers are kinda erratic when it comes to comboing, and u gotta wait for it to fly back until u can throw it again.

that leads to the question: is heaven lv 5 AO magical sign spam effective?

rhubarbot
Jan 27, 2010, 02:21 PM
Meh, I used to use Magical Sign spam as my main damage source but I got really bored with that play-style. Also, the damage isn't all that great compared to high-MST, level 15 techs unless you're hitting melee-weak enemies, but I do admit that wands are vastly superior to slicers as weapons. (The only thing a slicer does better than a wand is open boxes.) If the Fuuma didn't give so much MST, I would not use it at all.

I'm not sure that level 5 Heaven does anything. There doesn't seem to be any difference if I equip an Element Boost with my Fuuma; it still will only insta-kill small enemies, and only rarely at that. I'd hoped that moving up to level 3 heaven would allow medium-sized enemies to succumb to the instant death effect, but that doesn't appear to be the case. I'd be very surprised, then, if it turned out that level 5 Heaven did anything different at all.

Macman
Jan 27, 2010, 02:57 PM
what kinda non sense were they thinking about when they said "hey lets make all the so so generic frames be the only armors in the game to max at 3 slots".It's to make the Robes stand out. For Newmans and forces, it's either a Robe for 4 slots, or a Frame for better defenses.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jan 27, 2010, 03:04 PM
HUnewearls can't use armor. =~.~=

Atlantis419
Jan 27, 2010, 03:57 PM
well HUnewearls have access to one of the better armors in the game actually with rika's suit. He just meant they didnt want frames to be as versatile as robes.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jan 27, 2010, 04:00 PM
Ah, found in superhard. Havn't unlocked SH offline. Already did the hard tower though.

Atlantis419
Jan 27, 2010, 04:15 PM
Yea actually drops in the shrine randomly, but probably easier to get from heavens mother.

Z-735
Jan 27, 2010, 04:16 PM
I need to find a 4-slot rika's suit for my HUnewearl DX

Atlantis419
Jan 27, 2010, 04:20 PM
yea i haven't gotten more than a 3 slot rika's suit my self yet, but heavens mother might be the best bet, so far she's given me both a 4 slot keplar suit and a 4 slot mobius plate.

Z-735
Jan 27, 2010, 04:22 PM
but she's too far ;~;

Ice Sniper
Jan 27, 2010, 04:23 PM
Im starting to get really excited to do my first SH ET, like I know it might be kind of boring but everyone talks about their awesome drops from there. I try to complete every other quest (besides the third daughter because Ive never found the cake shop) before I do ET.

Atlantis419
Jan 27, 2010, 04:40 PM
well elly what ive done to make the sh tower a bit easier is i try to pick a night where i know the next day i can play for at least 3hrs, then the night before i play through about 30 to 40 floors so it doesnt feel too long, especially cause the monsters are much easier on those floors. then when i wake up the next morning, usually after breakfast, i'll grind out the remaining floors. its sometimes annoying if i get too many arkzeins but other than that, it at least cushions the time. makes it feel shorted even though its not lol.

rhubarbot
Jan 27, 2010, 04:40 PM
Don't get too excited Ice man; I didn't get my first "awesome drop" from SH ET until like run no. 4, and in a total of 7 runs or something, I've gotten maybe 3 items total that I didn't just sell or feed to a mag.

Z-735
Jan 27, 2010, 04:41 PM
Yeah SH is special but then again, not so much ^^; You get tons of rares, but you usually feed them to NPC's or mags

VeJi
Jan 27, 2010, 06:29 PM
Don't listen to these downers. I can play through the eternal tower easily in one sitting. And you are guaranteed a ?-slotted rare suit of armor at the top. Just hope it's 4-slots!

Atlantis419
Jan 27, 2010, 07:23 PM
well i have done 3 or 4 sh towers in one sitting, but its not always feasible. sometimes you need to not be bothered for quite a few hrs, between 5 to 7 depending on character and equipment. i know for me with work, a wife, and a 10 month old baby its only possible in the rarest instances. such as vacation.

Macman
Jan 27, 2010, 07:38 PM
Im starting to get really excited to do my first SH ET, like I know it might be kind of boring but everyone talks about their awesome drops from there.DON'T GET YOUR HOPES UP FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.
I was looking forward to beating SH ET, too. 100 floors and several bullshit deaths later I reach the top and have NOTHING to show for it aside from a crappy Gigas Romulus.

Ice Sniper
Jan 27, 2010, 07:51 PM
Oh im really looking forward to it now >.<. Thanks for the boost on enthusiasm guys ^^;

VeJi
Jan 27, 2010, 09:26 PM
Oh im really looking forward to it now >.<. Thanks for the boost on enthusiasm guys ^^;

I'm the opposition. What they are saying is true to them. I, on the other hand, am saying that it's still exciting getting near the top. When you hit floor 91, you'll see what I mean. Rare items are still rare, but it's a grand adventure anyhow. Plus, 1/5 trips yield a 4-slotted premium suit of armor.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jan 27, 2010, 09:35 PM
Tower is full of lots of good exp too. =^.^=

Great place for pds and grinders as well.

kirtblue
Jan 29, 2010, 06:42 PM
i just hate it so boring