PDA

View Full Version : PB before boss?

Cruciarius
Jan 27, 2010, 12:47 AM
Doing Free Play right now (nobody on my FC list is on) and one of the people said to chain PB. I already assumed we would, but the guy goes and uses his PB right outside of the boss teleporter.

This isn't the first time I've seen this either. The other day, some rather rude fellow in a friend's game, kept telling us to chain PBs, to make them stronger. No duh, right? But he wanted it to be used outside of the boss teleporter. I politely said no and that I didn't want to waste my PB, until we go through and fight the boss.

:-?

Is their something I don't know about using PBs at the boss teleporter like that? I've only seen it happen those two times, but the player telling others to use it there seem to get upset, when nobody else uses theirs then.

Atlantis419
Jan 27, 2010, 01:10 AM
lol they probably have the shifta/deband blast and are not realizing that if you do it after the boss animation you get to keep it longer. thats the only thing i can imagine, why would anyone do any other pb outside the boss room.

l3iohazard
Jan 27, 2010, 01:15 AM
well that's how you did it in pso so i guess they thought that's the way to go

Silvaya
Jan 27, 2010, 01:32 AM
i think ppl do it outside of the boss screen because then u have the effect when the battle starts and dont have to stay in one place while the animation goes. also, if the team is good, the boss will still be dead before the PB effect ends anyway.

Cruciarius
Jan 27, 2010, 01:32 AM
hazard: I don't recall ever doing that in PSO 1&2 on the GC.

HeartBreak301
Jan 27, 2010, 02:02 AM
We do it in PSO to avoid messing up the combo if the boss knocks somebody down and can't trigger theirs. Idk why people would do it in PSZ. Same reason maybe.

zeital
Jan 27, 2010, 03:42 AM
i do it sometimes (mainly offline) i did it the other day ingame freeplay (who know it could have been me :P) cuz i wanted to try out my mag and rod while righting the boss so i did the PB b4 the tel so i could quickly swap out wep and mag

Cruciarius
Jan 27, 2010, 09:59 AM
zeital: huh? Quick gear swapping is R + start. PB activation is L + R. You should be able to switch gear (other than the mag) without losing your PB. I'd have gone in, used the PB on the boss, then switched gear.

RowenOfStrata
Jan 27, 2010, 10:18 AM
you can't be knocked down while charging a pb in PS0, you still take damage but remain standing so if you go into the fight holding L+R you have no issue.

Macman
Jan 27, 2010, 11:10 AM
Shifta/Deband are barely worth the effort these days anyway, especially for the PB. They last all of 30 seconds, freaking level 1 shifta/deband in PSO lasted that long.