PDA

View Full Version : About hack/cheats

oldmilk
Jan 27, 2010, 01:31 AM
Within this community (PSO-World -> PSzero), is it okay to use cheats if you strictly only use them in single player?

And about those item editors, where in result, you are popping in any existant item of your liking into your character's inventory. Is it okay as long as the item's stats are legit?

Some people hate cheaters with a searing passion, so much that they despise a person who uses cheats no matter the reason they used it. Some people have understanding. I'm wondering what this community is like.

Because I'm afraid of necroposting, and this TC's situation is extremely similar to mine, here is a similar thread:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172489&highlight=hacked+item

Z-735
Jan 27, 2010, 01:33 AM
Just avoid it here lol. I've read a thread about a hacker and... Well... People here have that searing hateful passion here x10 lol

Silvaya
Jan 27, 2010, 01:33 AM
haha, i'm sure if u didnt mention it to anyone, no one will know the difference...hint hint

Z-735
Jan 27, 2010, 01:34 AM
Shh... Or Marisa will steal the precious thing e.e

Silvaya
Jan 27, 2010, 01:35 AM
marisa?

Z-735
Jan 27, 2010, 01:37 AM
Its a song by the group IOSYS

Silvaya
Jan 27, 2010, 01:38 AM
who is this IOSYS u keep quoting?

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jan 27, 2010, 01:38 AM
*Pokes Sarisa with tentacle slime* XDDDDDDDDDDD

Z-735
Jan 27, 2010, 01:39 AM
Marisa will cast a spell on joo Aisha XD
Anyway on-topic, just avoid saying the word HACK and you'll be fine I guess

Cruciarius
Jan 27, 2010, 01:40 AM
If you want to use cheats, go ahead.

But if you ever want to play with those of us who actually enjoy the game, you'd need to do a game reset so it's a fresh card again. Some of us legit players don't want our gaming experience ruined with cheats and hacks.

As for trading, cheaters are why I'd never trade in this game, unless I really trust the person isn't a cheater.

Silvaya
Jan 27, 2010, 01:40 AM
lol. say I "copied" the item.
and I "made it from scratch"

@cruciarius: how would u tell a cheater apart from a non-cheater if they didn't tell you who they were?

Z-735
Jan 27, 2010, 01:41 AM
Rofl -shifty eyes-

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jan 27, 2010, 01:43 AM
Pso/Ps0 itself dupes anway. I've found items with the same stats, usualy in the same run. Sonicteam cheats. =~.^=

Cruciarius
Jan 27, 2010, 01:44 AM
Silvaya: cheaters tend to do large amounts of damage, don't pick things up and, occasionally, use NPC characters. They've also been known to walk through un-walkable areas (gaps and walls between walking areas).

Rujju
Jan 27, 2010, 01:46 AM
Pso/Ps0 itself dupes anway. I've found items with the same stats, usualy in the same run. Sonicteam cheats. =~.^=

arrgghh.. so they've cheated me with my clean kouga?! I've seen a lot of ppl who have one w/ 0%'s and bright sign :D

Silvaya
Jan 27, 2010, 01:57 AM
i'm pretty sure there are some low key cheaters. besides, high damage doesn't always = cheater.

i do extreme damage. upwards of 700-800 with over end, but i dont cheat for what i have

Z-735
Jan 27, 2010, 01:59 AM
I do 400-500 with over end, but thats cause I haven't finished powering up my HUnewearl XD

Volcompat321
Jan 27, 2010, 02:03 AM
Cheating is horrible.

I wouldn't play with someone I know cheats, and I certainly wouldn't trade with anyone I know that cheats.

With that said, make me a Psychowand, and I'll love ya. :p

(Jk, please don't).

RowenOfStrata
Jan 27, 2010, 10:15 AM
The song is about a character from the touhou series of curtain fire shooters, most of iosys' music is about them.

Kytan
Jan 27, 2010, 11:58 AM
Doesn't cheating kind of take the fun out of the game anyway? Especially when it's obvious one's cheating? You know that you're not really good at the game, it presents no challenge, etc? My hate of cheaters online is pretty strong. (I'm looking at you, mariokart)

jmanx
Jan 27, 2010, 12:11 PM
no its fine u can use em online all you want knock yourself out no one can stop you

its just frowned upon >:C

Denzbrujah
Jan 27, 2010, 12:37 PM
Silvaya: cheaters tend to do large amounts of damage, don't pick things up

Using this theory I'm a cheater .... most times I don't waste picking uo 6* rares (lord knows I have enough)

rickfrior
Jan 27, 2010, 12:58 PM
I got to be honest here, the only cheat I've ever used is to unlock SH for my HUmarl because of that glitch that won't let me unlock it.

rhubarbot
Jan 27, 2010, 01:54 PM
I've never owned a cheat device, much to my detriment back in the olden days of PSO for the Dreamcast..... when having one might have been useful to restore items/saves lost to hackers. (I did lose a save once, and lost my weapon several times. I still recall one particularly atrocious person who used to say "Remember Rapp Thiefs Unlimited" or something after pwning everyone in my password-protected game with a Reverser hack, taking all our weapons and putting them behind the bank counter. God, I hated that guy—not so much for his behavior, but for his abominable grammar.)

I do appreciate that PS0 appears to have been designed with the inevitability of hackers in mind, since there does not seem to be as many openings for exploits that could harm others. As is, it's easy enough to just quit out when I see someone using a hacked Ogi skin or doing 1000+ non-OE damage with a Milias Breaker, and the rating system seems to ensure that I don't see them again. Hopefully, this state of affairs will continue, as I'd sooner quit playing this game online than purchase a Game Shark or whatever it is now. I just have such a bad taste in my mouth from PSO regarding those devices and don't want to support the companies who continue to manufacture them.

What kind of sucks is when people assume you're a hacker because they're unfamiliar with the game and how much damage someone can do legitimately. Things like Bite Stamp and Over-End will hit for tons and tons of damage against melee-weak enemies, provided you're high level and using good weapons. I've had one Japanese player leave a game after saying "Oh No!" repeatedly right after I used Bite Stamp on some frogs in Paru for like 600+ or something—which is totally within the norm.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jan 27, 2010, 01:58 PM
I've never done free play. Just friendmode once and alone mostly.

leviayurashyguy
Jan 27, 2010, 07:18 PM
Hacker/Cheater is a taboo of sorts on these boards. ppl tend to be rather harsh when these topics arise or these individuals surface

on more tolerant and open-minded boards, hackers are accepted and assisted if they are in need of help, not flammed and mutilated

also to the anti-hackers, you do realize you have a special designated area on the boards to speak you mind >.>

oldmilk
Jan 27, 2010, 09:40 PM
FYI i ask this because I was pondering making a 2nd character. And whether I should use EXP multiplying cheats so I wouldn't have to spend another 40+hours getting it to lvl 95+. And I don't like doing eternal tower runs just to get 1 rare item, since eternal tower takes me about 2-4 days to complete (play about 2 hours, put into sleep mode)

Silvaya: cheaters tend to do large amounts of damage, don't pick things up and, occasionally, use NPC characters. They've also been known to walk through un-walkable areas (gaps and walls between walking areas).
I'm talking about cheating in boundaries. The kind of cheater you're talking about are the ones that cheat to the extreme, like infinite hp/tp, max stats, and stuff like that.

I'm talking about cheaters who cheat to shorten long, repetitive processes, and result in what you can possibly get without them, except in shorter time.

ie: Normal - getting a 7star item in 2 weeks.
Cheat - Getting the same exact thing in 1 hour.

I actually hate cheaters who cheat to extremes and in competitive games like RTS and turn-based strategies, stuff like that.
I hate cheaters in RPGs that use it to do 99999 damage, walk through walls, and doing such things that are utterly impossible without them.
I tolerate cheaters who cheat in RPGs but to a limit where they stay in legit boundaries.

Volcompat321
Jan 27, 2010, 09:45 PM
Hacker/Cheater is a taboo of sorts on these boards. ppl tend to be rather harsh when these topics arise or these individuals surface

on more tolerant and open-minded boards, hackers are accepted and assisted if they are in need of help, not flammed and mutilated

also to the anti-hackers, you do realize you have a special designated area on the boards to speak you mind >.>

I have seen no mutilated cheaters here.
Flamed, yes, but people flame each other for a lot less than cheating.

Also, if the topic arises in another section(here) and were asked opinions for the matter, expressing your hatred towards cheaters/cheats are accepted in a thread like such.

Within this community (PSO-World -> PSzero), is it okay to use cheats if you strictly only use them in single player?

I'm wondering what this community is like.

Saying something like this, gives this thread "permission" to express opinions about cheaters.
So saying something like-

Doesn't make much sense to say.

oldmilk
Jan 27, 2010, 09:51 PM
im not sure who brought up the anti-speak-yur mind into this thread. Definitely not me. I could care less if someone assumed me a person who goes online and cheat for infinite hp and call people noobs for dying.

feel free to talk :)

Volcompat321
Jan 27, 2010, 09:55 PM
I doubt anyone hates people that cheat.
Though I know people don't like cheating while playing with others, or introducing items that someone didn't find.

Ice Sniper
Jan 27, 2010, 10:02 PM
Im pretty sure that there are people who hate cheaters. I don't hate them but I have a strong dislike for them and am on the edge of hating them if I ever find out an item traded to me is hacked. In my opinion cheating isn't right and the game should not be played if you have to cheat. I can't think of many reasonable examples when cheating may be ok to some people. For example the person earlier who said they didn't want to spend 2 and a 1/2 weeks getting to super hard on another character. That is just part of the game, it should be played the way it was meant to be played, don't like it? Then just find a different game with stuff closer to what you like, there are plenty of good games out there. (This is all my opinion and opinion are to be openly discussed here ^^)

pso_crash
Jan 27, 2010, 11:24 PM
I gotta say there are times I have let cheaters get away with it. I've been on runs before with just me and one other person and they will will use a certain glitch to shoot faster. I'm like "hell yea you made my job that much easier". And we do a quick, easy run. To tell you the truth I feel like I made the wrong choice because I know in any other situation, I would be really pissed off if someone cheated. If you're not up for the challenge, don't play.

Cruciarius
Jan 27, 2010, 11:35 PM
If you want to cheat, don't play on WiFi.

Volcompat321
Jan 27, 2010, 11:47 PM

Or trade with people that do play on Wi-fi.

Ice Sniper
Jan 27, 2010, 11:48 PM
Or interact with players at all. I think the only exception that should be made to hackers is if they never come in contact with other players at all.

oldmilk
Jan 28, 2010, 12:08 AM

Exactly

I gotta say there are times I have let cheaters get away with it. I've been on runs before with just me and one other person and they will will use a certain glitch to shoot faster. I'm like "hell yea you made my job that much easier". And we do a quick, easy run. To tell you the truth I feel like I made the wrong choice because I know in any other situation, I would be really pissed off if someone cheated. If you're not up for the challenge, don't play.

Where's the challenge in flying through runs without breaking a sweat for gaining 1 level after 1 and a half hours? It's like changing the tv channel again and again for a long period of time. An extremely easy, but time-consuming task.

Ice Sniper
Jan 28, 2010, 12:18 AM
@oldmilk, this is directly aimed right at your statement, if you really think a game that is all about equipment, lvs, stratagey and other such things is as boring just don't buy the game. That's plain and simple, if its too boring to you just let it be. I myself love this game and rarely found it boring.

rickfrior
Jan 28, 2010, 12:19 AM
True, but can't get away from the fact that it's a cheat.
Honestly, why'd you even try to let others know about this? You should've just kept it to yourself.

oldmilk
Jan 28, 2010, 01:37 AM
whoever said I was using cheats? Look at my first post on page 3 for the reason i made this thread.

Ice Sniper
Jan 28, 2010, 08:14 AM
Ah ok, sorry I didn't mean to make any accusations. I would prefer to have a nice clean legit community not a hacked messed up one.

mid Knight
Jan 28, 2010, 09:26 AM
Just wondering are we allow to warn other about hacker(s) we may have encounter? I mean I encounter this annoying hacker and feel to warn others about this hacker (I remember the apperance, class, weapon etc and what the hacker did) but again this can be pointless since the hacker cna just change apperance and name and most people just leave at the sight of hacking.

Kytan
Jan 28, 2010, 10:29 AM
I'm talking about cheating in boundaries. The kind of cheater you're talking about are the ones that cheat to the extreme, like infinite hp/tp, max stats, and stuff like that.

I'm talking about cheaters who cheat to shorten long, repetitive processes, and result in what you can possibly get without them, except in shorter time.

ie: Normal - getting a 7star item in 2 weeks.
Cheat - Getting the same exact thing in 1 hour.

.....aren't these long, repetitive processes you refer to the game? Like, you want to avoid killing room after room of enemies to get to level 100 so you can go.... kill room after room of enemies? O_o

oldmilk
Jan 28, 2010, 03:36 PM
.....aren't these long, repetitive processes you refer to the game? Like, you want to avoid killing room after room of enemies to get to level 100 so you can go.... kill room after room of enemies? O_o

I want to avoid killing room after room of enemies to get to level 100 so I can go kill them a less number of times, therefore cutting down a bunch of time doing the same thing. Like I said, I thought that this is a task that requires going through the same process over and over again, each time being pretty easy, but resulting in a large consumption of time.

pso_crash
Jan 28, 2010, 03:41 PM
why don't you just cheat your way to 100, hack yourself all the rares and titles, put the game away, and go do something else? That would save you the greatest amount of time.

oldmilk
Jan 28, 2010, 03:50 PM
because that would start taking away fun as well as time. You want to shave off time without cutting down the fun :)

Ice Sniper
Jan 28, 2010, 04:58 PM
Hate to break it for you but hacking does cut down on fun, and not just for yourself, it also includes other people's fun that your cutting down.

oldmilk
Jan 28, 2010, 05:01 PM
that's why I hate online cheaters. I'd never cheat online.
and its not like i would use like the highest exp multiplier possible when I create my char. Probably limit myself and set it like 2x or 4x

Z-735
Jan 28, 2010, 05:03 PM
Not the same game but, I hate hackers on Mario Kart Wii DX Especially when they target you and spam stars while running you over and over DX

rickfrior
Jan 28, 2010, 06:12 PM
Oh, true that. I hated that too.
Well, I wonder who invented 'snaking?' xD 'Cause it made me do it and aim for the win.

Z-735
Jan 28, 2010, 06:15 PM
Lol snaking on a mach bike with Daisy e.e

Silvaya
Jan 28, 2010, 06:20 PM
well dont think of it as leveling then. think of it as hunting for rares. and naturally, as u hunt for rares, u will lvl

leviayurashyguy
Jan 28, 2010, 06:32 PM
Lol snaking on a mach bike with Daisy e.e

snaking isn't cheating, its an exploitable game mechanic that allows advanced players to gain an edge over the main stream gamer, much liek wave dashing in super smash brothers melee.

most video games have them. game developers cannot foresee every nick and cranny that will be in the game, it is the millions of gamers that will play the game who will find these and take advantage of them. the "legitimacy" of such tactics is completely up to the beholder.

but yeah, i hate snaking in mario kart, much because i can't do it and i basically have no chance in winning =(
BTW, the bike in mario kart wii is broken anyhoo =P

Z-735
Jan 28, 2010, 06:34 PM
Im always very far from everyone on a bike while snaking XD

Assassin 45
Jan 28, 2010, 06:37 PM
i'm pretty sure there are some low key cheaters. besides, high damage doesn't always = cheater.

i do extreme damage. upwards of 700-800 with over end, but i dont cheat for what i have

What do you have that lets your character take 5,000 damage?

Silvaya
Jan 28, 2010, 06:40 PM
i was testing out the capabilities of my R4 offline and hit a bomb box while having 9999 HP. and unfortunately, i saved after that due to a lack-of-springyness A button while quitting. that was the only time i cheated, but i think i will try to get 9999 damage taken/given as my record, one of these days. :P

rickfrior
Jan 28, 2010, 08:10 PM
snaking isn't cheating, its an exploitable game mechanic that allows advanced players to gain an edge over the main stream gamer, much liek wave dashing in super smash brothers melee.

most video games have them. game developers cannot foresee every nick and cranny that will be in the game, it is the millions of gamers that will play the game who will find these and take advantage of them. the "legitimacy" of such tactics is completely up to the beholder.

but yeah, i hate snaking in mario kart, much because i can't do it and i basically have no chance in winning =(
BTW, the bike in mario kart wii is broken anyhoo =P

Yep, it's not a way to cheat, it's a hidden...skill?

Z-735
Jan 28, 2010, 11:07 PM
Snaking isn't hard DX Just make sure you dun run into walls or fall off lol

kirtblue
Jan 29, 2010, 07:09 PM
*Pokes Sarisa with tentacle slime* XDDDDDDDDDDD

ummmmm wow this is disturbing lol

jmanx
Jan 29, 2010, 07:12 PM
PSSH man 800 dmg is that the best hackers can do? I can hit up to 1k with my 78 HUmarl crits of course and lv4 Celeb Hadan bite with element plus pow mag and 2 divine powers and with shifta xD

but then the hackers will use the same things and hit 3k :C

Syre
Feb 2, 2010, 06:35 PM
It's your game... Why should it be someone else's decision on how you play it?
Is how I feel.

And I'm pretty sure you know by now but this community eats hackers, then kills them.

Chukie sue
Feb 2, 2010, 07:00 PM
I couldnt care less if you cheat offline... I dont really care if you bring cheat weapons online either, as long as they aren't traded.... People always over react about these kinds of things even if they have no negative consequence at all to other players. I dont even care if you hack level 100 for all three characters, as long a you dont start saying something like "Im the best and have *THIS* much experience!"

Z-735
Feb 2, 2010, 07:01 PM
Well put Chukie

MadVillain
Feb 3, 2010, 11:02 AM
What about like the character edit cheats? I thought it'd be slick to play as Reve or Kai, don't see whats so wrong with that if it doesn't edit the stats at all.

garmrodin
Feb 4, 2010, 05:19 AM
I saw a guy on free play as reve

darkfalz32
Feb 7, 2010, 08:09 PM
I hate ANY and ALL hackers

Kytan
Feb 7, 2010, 10:35 PM
I hate ANY and ALL hackers

That's a little bit harsh imo. I don't really get the point of cheating, and I hate it when people are playing with me who have cheated to show off/ make themselves so strong I don't get to help at all. But yeah. Harsh.

PS: There's all this talk of hacked rares being traded but why would a hacker need to trade for things? O_o

d3str0y0rz
Feb 8, 2010, 01:01 AM
I honestly believe alot of the people on these forums who claim to hate cheaters with a passion are all hypocrits, its not like they have never cheated before its human nature, no one is perfect.
And im not just talkin like cheating on games, just cheating in General. I'm Also 80% sure most people in this community who say they wont accept a hacked item will if the chance was to occur and it was an item they wanted but would take a mindless amount of time to get legit and would just keep it a secret that they got it and still trash talk people who cheat.

Z-735
Feb 8, 2010, 01:02 AM
*stops writing answers to tomorrow's test on arm* What?

d3str0y0rz
Feb 8, 2010, 01:05 AM
im not calling cheaters bad lol, im just saying that trash talking people who do cheat when you do it yourself is hypocritcal. like someone cheating on a test, or even homework is no better than someone using cheats on a video game. WE ALL DO IT.

d3str0y0rz
Feb 8, 2010, 01:06 AM
im not calling cheaters bad lol, im just saying that trash talking people who do cheat when you do it yourself is hypocritcal. like someone cheating on a test, or even homework is no better than someone using cheats on a video game. WE ALL DO IT.

and when i say do it yourself its not pointing at anyone in particular, im just tryin to make a point lol

FOrulz
Feb 8, 2010, 10:47 AM
I just saw one in free play yesterday. The guy's health bar was red (as in incapacitated) and he started using resta in town (1000+ heals for a humar). My game started to lag and I was like "heck with this." I just dropped link thinking he was going to mess up my file.

GantzDetainee
Feb 8, 2010, 10:49 AM
Wah fo,you played yesterday?I didnt see you on...

Cruciarius
Feb 8, 2010, 11:07 AM

Their is a difference. With school work, you're supposed to learn. If you don't do that, you're just hurting yourself. With games, it's not as important, but will annoy the legit players.

Also, to whom mentioned that we'd accept hacked items, I wouldn't. You wouldn't even get me into a game with a hacker, if I knew they were a hacker. I don't like handouts either.

FOrulz
Feb 8, 2010, 12:06 PM
Wah fo,you played yesterday?I didnt see you on...
Err.. it was late the day before yesterday. It was more like 1am-ish early yesterday morning? ^^; I made one free play run through arca, then went into the eternal tower later that afternoon. So ya, I was playing but just not online when you guys were :(

steaIth
Feb 13, 2010, 09:11 PM
just don't mess up any ones file, or takes their weapons, or just kill everything way faster than normal, and i am fine with it

Cruciarius
Feb 14, 2010, 02:29 AM
I'm not fine with that.
It's cheating. Even if you yourself aren't using the cheats, any items and exp you obtain with a cheater, isn't very legit since a cheater killed everything for you.

Kirukia
Feb 14, 2010, 02:51 AM
Well wouldn't that be boring anyway? I wouldn't want to sit around while someone kills the enemies in 5 seconds. I didn't buy this game to let someone level me and then quit, I bought it to kill things and have a challenge with friends ;p

steaIth
Feb 14, 2010, 01:50 PM
yea if there killing everything, but if they hacked something that could be legit, and don't tell me than i am fine or if you just do offline with hacked stuff, and online with legit, or could be legit stuff and don't tell anyone if u hacked. what i am saying is don't hack a weapon with 200%s on it and go online, or have unlimited hp, pp ect. but offline do whatever you want i don't care.

Inn3rfury
Feb 14, 2010, 08:34 PM
You can say to a point that I'm Guilty.

While I Detest the making of "Fake" items. I'm more annoyed by the time frame to complete a ET Run. 2nd to that the drop rate (at least for me) is TERRIBLE. Dare I say I'd rather Hunt for a syncesta with Hilde's rather then go through 5+ hours worth of waste time.

Incase your wondering I use ET teleport codes.THATS IT.