PDA

View Full Version : Affection

Haruta
Jan 27, 2010, 03:05 PM
So, seeing as I really like this game, I went out and bought the strategy guide. Yes, even though I have access to this site. ^^;

The thing is, as much as I enjoy reading it over and over again, it seems very poorly made. Doesn't explain a lot of things like this site. For an example, it barely explains Mags.

The one thing that really confuses me about it though, is the Affection charts. Anyone know anything about what purpose "Affection" has on the game?

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jan 27, 2010, 03:09 PM
Oh, didn't know there was an official guide.

Haruta
Jan 27, 2010, 03:09 PM
Oh, didn't know there was an official guide.

Yeah, I saw it at GameStop when I was there once.

ChrisFTW
Jan 27, 2010, 03:10 PM
Are you sure you don't mean mag natures, which can be found here: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2604

Haruta
Jan 27, 2010, 03:11 PM
Are you sure you don't mean mag natures, which can be found here: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2604

I'm absolutely certain. Apparently some choices in dialogue give you more "Affection" for some characters than others.

Zike
Jan 27, 2010, 03:16 PM
I think affection just determines what ending you get at the end of normal story mode (which I would have no idea what any of the endings are as I skip through the dialogue cause its usualy long winded and boring)

Gunslinger-08
Jan 27, 2010, 03:28 PM
You mean that, aside from the different endings for each race, there's additional endings?

rhubarbot
Jan 27, 2010, 03:34 PM
The difference comes only after the credits. You'll see a different character come meet you in the city and spit some dialog at you for a few moments. That's it.

Jeefa
Jan 28, 2010, 01:42 AM
oh thats neat. i wonder if i can make them all hate me... i felt weird when i got Kai alking to me like he wanted me... :-/

Kirukia
Jan 28, 2010, 02:28 AM
Yeah on my HUnewm Sarisa pretty much asked me to rape her it was awkward.
I think it just effects the character you talk with at the end.

Silvaya
Jan 28, 2010, 03:18 AM

uhh..i thought it was a more, "please be my boyfriend" thing

Kirukia
Jan 28, 2010, 03:54 AM
Dating, Rape, it's all the same.

Zike
Jan 28, 2010, 03:58 AM
well you know Sarisa did almost have a hentai scene with DIablo octopus....

zeital
Jan 28, 2010, 04:58 AM
i always found that bit funny cuz its a Japanese game :P

Haruta
Jan 28, 2010, 12:32 PM
Thanks for all the info everyone! I've had the game for a while, but because I'm lazy and I don't level only one character at a time, I've still never beaten the "Curtain Call" mission. So I didn't know about the ending chat thing. :<

But yeah, thanks again!

jmanx
Jan 28, 2010, 12:41 PM

Yea same here I got that with my HUmarl didn't find it awkward at all though (: