PDA

View Full Version : Personality test - Jung - Myers-Briggs typology

Gunslinger-08
Jan 27, 2010, 08:32 PM
More or less out of boredom, I figured I'd post this here.

It's just a personality test based on some formulas put together by a couple of quacks, but it was interesting enough, and wasn't too far off on me.
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

Here were my results.

ESFJ
Extraverted Sensing Feeling Judging

1, 25, 50, 33 (Strength of the preferences %, respectively.)

# slightly expressed extravert
# moderately expressed sensing personality
# moderately expressed feeling personality
# moderately expressed judging personality

If I understand this right, I think it means I'm right on the fence between introversion and extraversion, with a slight leaning one way.

I wouldn't take anything it says too seriously, since it the site offers to sell you a full set of tests after you finish.

Jan 28, 2010, 06:25 AM
I just took it, and got INTJ (89, 12, 75, 78.)
# very expressed introvert
# slightly expressed intuitive personality
# distinctively expressed thinking personality
# very expressed judging personality

I've taken these tests before, and I've gotten both INTJ and ISTJ multiple times.

LionHeart-
Jan 28, 2010, 11:59 AM
Had some fun doing this, thanks :3.

This is what I got:

TYPE - INFP

Introverted - 11
Intuitive - 25
Feeling - 25
Perceiving - 11

Slightly expressed introvert
Moderately expressed intuitive personality
Moderately expressed feeling personality
Slightly expressed perceiving personality

Anduril
Jan 28, 2010, 01:48 PM
ISFJ
Introverted 11%
Sensing 1%
Feeling 12%
Judging 78%

slightly expressed introvert
slightly expressed sensing personality
slightly expressed feeling personality
very expressed judging personality

Forgot to add the rest of it. I'm apparently a Protector Guardian. It's pretty darn close to my personality other than a few aspects. I honestly couldn't care less about the downtrodden on most days.

Red Ring
Jan 28, 2010, 02:42 PM
Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
22 50 50 1

You are:

* slightly expressed introvert
* moderately expressed intuitive personality
* moderately expressed thinking personality
* slightly expressed judging personality

Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population, and they are rarely encountered outside their office, factory, school, or laboratory. Although they are highly capable leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once they take charge, however, they are thoroughgoing pragmatists. Masterminds are certain that efficiency is indispensable in a well-run organization, and if they encounter inefficiency-any waste of human and material resources-they are quick to realign operations and reassign personnel. Masterminds do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress them, nor do slogans or catchwords. Only ideas that make sense to them are adopted; those that don't, aren't, no matter who thought of them. Remember, their aim is always maximum efficiency.

hellz yeah

Syl
Jan 28, 2010, 02:42 PM
I took one of these back in my psych class in college about a year and a half ago. It was one of the ones you pay for and I got pretty much the same result. Also came with a really detailed report about my type, as well as a pretty in-depth report about what kind of careers would make me happy. Also came with a relationship report (things I look for and things I do, good and bad), it was pretty spot on, kinda scary.

INFJ (http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirsey&f=fourtemps&tab=3&c=counselor)

Introverted 62%
Intuitive 42%
Feeling 50%
Judging 22%

Distinctively expressed introvert
Moderately expressed intuitive personality
Moderately expressed feeling personality
Slightly expressed judging personality

Leviathan
Jan 28, 2010, 02:47 PM
ISTJ (http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirsey&f=fourtemps&tab=2&c=inspector)

You are:

slightly expressed introvert
slightly expressed sensing personality
slightly expressed thinking personality
distinctively expressed judging personality

Famous People with ISTJ:

Herbert Hoover, Harry S. Truman, Kirk Douglass, Clint Eastwood, Greta Garbo.

BahnKnakyu
Jan 28, 2010, 03:08 PM
Your Type is
INFP
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
33 12 62 89

# moderately expressed introvert
# slightly expressed intuitive personality
# distinctively expressed feeling personality
# very expressed perceiving personality

Says here I'm a healer. Hmm, that's why I always prefer to play support/healing classes since I prefer to help the group work as a cohesive unit rather than compete with others for the #1 slot. Maybe that's why I had such a huge disdain for elitist Time Attackers back when PSU had a huge population.

fronebullare
Jan 28, 2010, 04:13 PM
Your Type is
INTJ
89 50 88 56

# very expressed introvert
# moderately expressed intuitive personality
# very expressed thinking personality
# moderately expressed judging personality

They say we're rare but theres already 3 of us. Anyway, yay for us masterminds.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 28, 2010, 10:36 PM
Here's what I got:
Extraverted - 33
Intuitive - 38
Feeling - 38
Judging - 44

You are:
moderately expressed extravert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed feeling personality
moderately expressed judging personality

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jan 29, 2010, 04:11 AM
Your Type is:
ISFJ

Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging
67 38 25 11

You are:

* distinctively expressed introvert
* moderately expressed sensing personality
* moderately expressed feeling personality

Famous people of your particular type:
Jimmy Carter, Frederic Chopin, Jane Fonda

Volcompat321
Jan 29, 2010, 04:40 AM
Your Type is
ESTJ (http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirsey&f=fourtemps&tab=2&c=supervisor)
Extraverted-11
Sensing-19
Thinking-25
Judging-44

You are:
* slightly expressed extravert
* slightly expressed sensing personality
* moderately expressed thinking personality
* moderately expressed judging personality

Bruce Willis, George W. Bush, Vespasian, Colin Powell, Martha Gellhorn (war correspondent), Lyndon B. Johnson.

Now, I'm not sure if this is a good thing, or bad. :o

Oooh, I'm the first one of my kind!

Gunslinger-08
Jan 29, 2010, 04:45 AM
*snip*

Bruce Willis

*snip*

Now, I'm not sure if this is a good thing, or bad. :o

I fail to see how this could be a bad thing.

Volcompat321
Jan 29, 2010, 04:51 AM
George W. Bush, Martha Gellhorn (war correspondent)

Maybe you missed these?

Gunslinger-08
Jan 29, 2010, 04:58 AM
Maybe you missed these?

Of course I didn't. With great potential comes great responsibility.

Volcompat321
Jan 29, 2010, 04:59 AM
Of course I didn't. With great potential comes great responsibility.

Maybe.
But one was an idiot, and the other one was a suicidal bitch.
Bruce Willis was the only good one there, IMO.

Gunslinger-08
Jan 29, 2010, 05:01 AM
Maybe.
But one was an idiot, and the other one was a suicidal bitch.
Bruce Willis was the only good one there, IMO.

Okay, I give up. Guess you're just up shit creek? :wacko:

Volcompat321
Jan 29, 2010, 05:02 AM
Okay, I give up. Guess you're just up shit creek? :wacko:

Nah.
Just giving you a hard time. :wacko:

Gunslinger-08
Jan 29, 2010, 05:04 AM
Nah.
Just giving you a hard time. :wacko:

>_<; No fair. I'm sleep and caffeine deprived this morning.

washuguy
Jan 29, 2010, 08:13 AM
Your type is: INFJ
Strength of preferences: 78 38 12 44

you are: very expressed introvert
slightly expressed feeling personality
moderatley expressed judging personality

Famous people: Ghandi, elenor roosevelt, martin luther king, Mother theresea, Jane goodall, mel gibson, nelson mandella, nicole kidman

Kion
Jan 29, 2010, 08:37 AM
Your Type is
INTJ
78 50 62 44

I`m pretty sure this test is off. I identify myself much more as an INTP. Their line of questioning is kind of lacking. Here`s a much improved test that`s faster and possibly more accurate.

Introverted <<< [Do you prefer to be alone?] >>> Extroverted
Sensing <<< [Do prefer immediate action or analysis?] >>> Intuitive
Feeling <<< [Do you base decisions on emotion?] >>> Thinking
Perceptive <<< [Do you readily adjust conclusions you have come to?] >>> Judgmental

If you answered "yes", then you are on the left side, if you answer "no", then that means you are on the right. Ex: yes, yes, no, no = ISTJ

Gunslinger-08
Jan 29, 2010, 08:52 AM
"Introverted" in these tests does not refer to people who will not "mix" or who are "shy." It has to do with whether you "charge your batteries" around people or in solitude. IE: do you find parties full of strangers draining or not... that sort of thing.

The terms extravert and introvert are used in a special sense when discussing the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. People who prefer extraversion draw energy from action: they tend to act, then reflect, then act further. If they are inactive, their level of energy and motivation tends to decline. Conversely, those who prefer introversion become less energized as they act: they prefer to reflect, then act, then reflect again. People who prefer introversion need time out to reflect in order to rebuild energy.

Neith
Jan 30, 2010, 10:19 AM
Heh, I've done a few versions of this test, same result every time.

INTJ
Introverted: 89
Intuitive: 38
Thinking: 62
Judging: 44

You are:
very expressed introvert
distinctively expressed thinking personality

Bang on, I hate huge social gatherings and so on. I don't even like being introverted, but can't help it a lot of the time.

Says here I'm a healer. Hmm, that's why I always prefer to play support/healing classes since I prefer to help the group work as a cohesive unit rather than compete with others for the #1 slot. Maybe that's why I had such a huge disdain for elitist Time Attackers back when PSU had a huge population.

Likewise, makes sense why I tend to solo a lot :lol:

Also, it said this:

INTJs are usually extremely private people, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to misread and misunderstand. Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel. While they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few), and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship, the knowledge and self-confidence that make them so successful in other areas can suddenly abandon or mislead them in interpersonal situations.

Er, yes in all cases.

@Gunslinger: To be honest, although 'introverted' doesn't necessarily mean 'shy', the two often go hand in hand. I know from experience. I find it really awkward to feel comfortable around large groups of people, and I'd honestly rather stay at home and listen to music/go see a friend than go out on the town drinking with a group of friends. I've always been incredibly shy, and it's a huge thorn in your side when it comes to making friends and so on. Couple that with being introverted, and FFFFFFFFFFFFF

washuguy
Jan 30, 2010, 10:52 AM
Heh, I've done a few versions of this test, same result every time.

INTJ
Introverted: 89
Intuitive: 38
Thinking: 62
Judging: 44

You are:
very expressed introvert
distinctively expressed thinking personality

Bang on, I hate huge social gatherings and so on. I don't even like being introverted, but can't help it a lot of the time.

Likewise, makes sense why I tend to solo a lot :lol:

Also, it said this:

Er, yes in all cases.

@Gunslinger: To be honest, although 'introverted' doesn't necessarily mean 'shy', the two often go hand in hand. I know from experience. I find it really awkward to feel comfortable around large groups of people, and I'd honestly rather stay at home and listen to music/go see a friend than go out on the town drinking with a group of friends. I've always been incredibly shy, and it's a huge thorn in your side when it comes to making friends and so on. Couple that with being introverted, and FFFFFFFFFFFFF

Sounds just like me :) only i don't really like to be the healer/mage in a party. I like to attack stuff, a good defense is a good offense

Sayara
Jan 30, 2010, 11:01 AM
Your Type is
ISFJ
Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging
You are:

* distinctively expressed introvert
* moderately expressed sensing personality
* moderately expressed feeling personality

DISTINCTIVE INTROVERT

Gibdozer
Jan 30, 2010, 01:37 PM
INTJ (mastermind)

PSU must greatly appeal to that small percent of INTJ out there.

Keilyn
Jan 30, 2010, 02:00 PM
I took this test four times and got four completely different results by simply changing answers I am unsure about. I'm curious...have any of you taken this test multiple times and obtained different results?

When I took this test nine years ago, I had ESTJ and INTJ. The one I love most (who I want to marry one day) has always gotten INFP. My best friend at the time got INTJ, but was 100% intraverted.

This time around I got ESTJ, INTJ, ISTJ and ENTJ taking this test four times. I guess I can be more sure about the TJ part, but less about the first two.

astuarlen
Jan 30, 2010, 02:47 PM
As anticipated, I got INTJ, though I can't think of anything I've masterminded lately--maybe making breakfast?

I did used to enjoy this game quite a lot...
[spoiler-box]
http://www.tnelson.demon.co.uk/mastermind/images/mastermind13.jpg[/spoiler-box]

But I think the most interesting thing to note here is this:

INTJ type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss

Forget this only-slightly-more-insightful-than-Which Pokemon are you?! quiz; I want to learn more about the scholarly work of this J Butt person. Wikipedia's first result for "J Butt" is LL Cool J's "Big Ole Butt" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Ole_Butt); I knew there was a reason professors don't consider the big W a viable reference.

P.S. Who else is looking forward to the Online Phrenology Test? With webcams popping up in ever-increasing numbers, it's only a matter of time before you can get your skull evaluated in a highly scientifikal fashion by the wise old hermit who lives in the internet. (Some preliminary shaving required; write in for more details.)

Kion
Jan 31, 2010, 01:03 PM
PSU must greatly appeal to that small percent of INTJ out there.

I don`t think the test has a very good line of questioning for separating between perceptive and judgmental. I think that`s what they were trying to go with "you readily change your strongly head beliefs". If they were easily changed then they wouldn`t be "strong" beliefs, now would they? As far as INT- is probably accurate, the final letter could be either way.