PDA

View Full Version : RA ATA

Haruta
Jan 28, 2010, 01:21 PM
So, I finally started a RAmar and am loving it.

I remember seeing a thread or something about how much ATA you should have at the end of the game. Before I plan my Mag and Materials, I was wondering, what should my accuracy be at by the endgame? And not just for Normal, but for eventually going online and playing Super Hard.

Also, I'm planning on an Ansul for my Mag. Is that a good idea? I'm not too worried about how much my ATP is, just making sure I can hit things all the time, so I'd need to think about how much I give to Hit and Power.

NintendoMan
Jan 28, 2010, 01:48 PM
honestly a ranger doesnt have to invest a single point in ata to hit everything on SH.
Super hard may have a little gap so train a 50pow/50hit mag, but eventually you will wanna go to 100 pow mag because the extra ata will be useless with the Ramar already high ata

Macman
Jan 28, 2010, 01:55 PM
Everyone says 550 is the magic number.

Ice Sniper
Jan 28, 2010, 02:00 PM
I have a RAmar, basically long story short, everything goes in power. No need to worry about ATA because im lv 82 and have around 540 ATA, the magic number is 550 so by endgame ish time its very easy for them to be well of ATA Wise.

Haruta
Jan 28, 2010, 02:38 PM
So, make a full Power Mag and go with Power Mats too huh? Alright. Hoping to get a Zero Rifle eventually so that'll be good I guess.
I'll still probably make an Ansul just 'cause I like how it looks. And I might be using low ATA stuff sometimes. Gun Blades are the lowest ATA weapon that RA use right?

Rujju
Jan 28, 2010, 02:44 PM
I think Mechguns have the lowest ata.

rickfrior
Jan 28, 2010, 03:06 PM
Uh-huh, for Rangers especially, you don't have to add Hit Materials even in Mags.

Well, I use a RAcaseal so I did pure ATP, as for Gunblades and Mechguns, they're actually accurate enough to hit. Maybe as for RAmar, a LITTLE bit of Hit wouldn't hurt.

GantzDetainee
Jan 28, 2010, 04:46 PM
If your planning to use guns that have low ATA,you can use a mag with some ATA on it.Just go with pure ATP with materials in my opinion.

leviayurashyguy
Jan 28, 2010, 04:49 PM
All Rangers tend to go full ATP. Rangers get more than enough ATA to tackle anything in the game by time H/SH become unlocked, almost too much ATA, which may be one of the flaws with the Ranger class

SneakySneaky
Jan 28, 2010, 04:51 PM
For mag,
I would like to add 10 pts on ata and the rest of it is for pow.
Character has few hp mats and full of pow mats are more likely perfect to me.

Atlantis419
Jan 28, 2010, 08:14 PM
well i did a test once and it seemed that 100 power mats=roughly about 20 to 25 more pts of damage, i used the same weapon and no units to make sure nothing was getting skewed. also a 100 power mag. so i know a lot of people go crazy with those power mats and all but it actually doesnt make as much of a difference as you would think. especially if you don't have access to shifta. now you may want to take about 10 pts of that damage and turn it into at least 80 more hit points (40 hp mats). because on superhard bosses may one hit ko a ramar with only 595 hp at max, not to mention things that shoot back like arkzeins and izhtaks. you can always get your 10 pts of damage back with 2 master powers, you wont even need divine power, but it doesn't make sense to have 3 divine hp to equal 75hps. just think about that.

leviayurashyguy
Jan 28, 2010, 08:22 PM
thats another thing about Rangers ATA, they are the only class that can hit things most of the time unarmed in SH if they go full hit...... maybe some mats too <_<

Atlantis419
Jan 28, 2010, 09:01 PM
yea definitely. my cousin is a lv 100 racast he has 800 hps and gotten OHKO'd on occasion. your jellen might help slightly but you may want to do 60 power - 40hp.

Jan 28, 2010, 09:33 PM
I have a pure atp RAcaseal at level 100, and her ata isn't 550 with a hitless crimson vis. Mechguns are really inaccurate, but you'll have overkill ata with any other weapons.

Haruta
Feb 1, 2010, 09:08 AM
yea definitely. my cousin is a lv 100 racast he has 800 hps and gotten OHKO'd on occasion. your jellen might help slightly but you may want to do 60 power - 40hp.

Would having HP Mats really matter though, seeing as a RAcast still gets OHKO'd at 800 HP? And does Jellen really reduce their attack that much to make such a difference?

FoMarlBorough
Feb 2, 2010, 04:59 PM
use a 50 hit 50 power for use with mechguns, my racaseal misses enough on hard,hard,hard combos.

otherwise all power.

Macman
Feb 2, 2010, 05:37 PM
Would having HP Mats really matter though, seeing as a RAcast still gets OHKO'd at 800 HP?The only time I've ever had something like that happen to me from near-full HP was the very top of the Eternal Tower on Super Hard.
Other than that, there's almost no worries.

Haruta
Feb 9, 2010, 01:54 PM
Thanks for all the info everyone! It's gonna help me a lot! :)

FoMarlBorough
Feb 9, 2010, 05:51 PM
maybe the saving grace of racaseals is mech gun use. just a thought.