PDA

View Full Version : "The Eternal" advice

SongsForYourMother
Jan 31, 2010, 01:07 PM
I'm starting a run through The Eternal for the first time on Hard Mode (and the first time ever)
I'm using a FOmar at level 58.
What sort of advice do you Eternal veterans have to give (if any)?

mid Knight
Jan 31, 2010, 01:15 PM
Remember that once you defeat the mother from every tenth floor and the teleport show up, it not a give up button. It simply take you back to the city so use that to restock and sell your items. Also if you died the quest is not over, again it take you back to the city and you can still go back to it from the teleporter and it take you back on the last floor you were on.

SaltComplex
Jan 31, 2010, 02:04 PM
If you look at the tiny map, you will see that not every room has a gate that requires you to defeat every enemy to progress. Some will show an open passage through which you can immediately move onto the next room. You miss out on a chance item, but there are so many other opportunities and other rooms that the trade for a quicker quest is worth it. I can clear a Super Eternal Tower this way very quickly. And while the items you find along the way are good, what awaits you at the top is the real treasure (if you get anything good in your journey, how's about letting me know?). Kidding! Kind of...

Good luck with your run!

GantzDetainee
Jan 31, 2010, 03:53 PM
Here this might prove useful.http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171815

HeartBreak301
Jan 31, 2010, 03:54 PM
I really should skip rooms, but I still have my THIS ENEMY COULD DROP SOMETHING AWESOME compulsion from PSO, so I kill everything in sight. It takes me 3 or so days to run the tower because I dislike the music for the first 70 floors and can't commit to doing more than 20 at a time. :disapprove:

Paralys
Jan 31, 2010, 05:28 PM
I'm starting a run through The Eternal for the first time on Hard Mode (and the first time ever)
I'm using a FOmar at level 58.
What sort of advice do you Eternal veterans have to give (if any)?

I can't say much, I just recently finished every quest on normal with the exception of one (The cake /is/ a lie.)

I did Eternal Tower last night for the first time. Did it all in one sitting excluding a 30 minute break for food. Took 6 and a half hours on normal starting it at about level 35.

Since I've heard it takes much longer on hard, I definitely suggest you take breaks, around level 70 I honestly didn't know if I could keep going. Also, take NPC's with you, I know they're retarded, but they make great meatshields, and if you play for long periods of time you'll be thrilled to have them there to take hits so you don't have to concentrate as much.

Other than that, just massive amounts of patience I suppose. Good luck :D

SongsForYourMother
Jan 31, 2010, 07:10 PM
Thanks all for the advice!
I'll have to put it to good use NEXT time I play through Eternal.
I got about 30 floors in, closed my DS, came back and opened it up and it froze.
I almost cried. D:

HeartBreak301
Feb 1, 2010, 10:22 AM
I got about 30 floors in, closed my DS, came back and opened it up and it froze.
I almost cried. D:

Man that sucks, I feel your pain. I went to bed one night with my battery on green, it lied to me. Died overnight on floor 67 of the Hard ET. On the plus side, I got more rares. :D

Akaimizu
Feb 1, 2010, 11:40 AM
Yeah. Gotta watch the sleep mode. I'm currently going through Hard Mode Eternal Tower, myself. Hopefully I can clear this so I can really get to the meat of the game. (Online with Super Hard Open)

ARChan
Feb 1, 2010, 12:45 PM
I almost cried. D:

In cases like this, it's always good to do a mid-game save so that you won't lose that awesome rare that you've always wanted. -sighs to the memory of losing a Yasminkov M95 for that reason-

FOmarRashidi
Feb 1, 2010, 02:36 PM
In cases like this, it's always good to do a mid-game save so that you won't lose that awesome rare that you've always wanted. -sighs to the memory of losing a Yasminkov M95 for that reason-

Okay, you can go wrong with sleep mode if you don't save after you get the goodies you want.

RrD555
Feb 1, 2010, 02:54 PM
I almost cried. D:

awww..dont be sad...mine froze on floor 87 super hard once

SongsForYourMother
Feb 1, 2010, 11:25 PM
awww..dont be sad...mine froze on floor 87 super hard once

ohgod...
I'm so sorry ._.,,
that's just awful. The whole "I'm almost there" mentality, only for it to go "JUST KIDDING" and die.
sometimes technology is annoying