PDA

View Full Version : Should they raise the Level cap?

mid Knight
Feb 1, 2010, 05:43 PM
Just minutes ago my Hucast has reach the maximum level and I feel unsatisfy. The reason is that I wanted to get rare weapons like Big Hemera, Twin Psycho guns etc before I reach the maximum level. Now I sort of lack a purpose to play as my Hucast now (I will still play as my other two characters).
So as the topic state do you think they should raise the level cap to level 200 like they did for PSO episode 1&2?
Ok it probably not possisble due to the DS capability but what if they can raise the level cap? However I feel that the only way to truly justify for having the level cap to 200 is of course Ultimate mode. Those of you who haven't play PSO, Ultimate is a pure test of hardness and hardcore. If you had trouble against Arkzein or Hellion on super hard mode, you wouldn't want to face the reincarnation of those hostiles in Ultimate mode. Also with Ultimate mode would that mean they would have to also put in a 8 stars rare?
I think this topic is address more to those who have reach 100 or at a very high level (well you can still say what you want regardless of your character level).

Z-735
Feb 1, 2010, 05:44 PM
Supposedly there's DLC coming soon... But I don't think the lvl cap will change DX

Atlantis419
Feb 1, 2010, 05:52 PM
Hmm i suppose if they could find a way to transfer your psz info into say an updated psz2 made only for dsi they could put out updates and upgrade via the dsi ware and memory card slot units to save that data. It would be cool thats for sure.

StaticWings19
Feb 1, 2010, 07:03 PM
while i doubt that they could or would do that i would fully support a LV cap boost AND WOULD PETITION FOR THE ADDITION OF AN ULTIMATE MODE.

god i miss ultimate. its like there's nothing special about the hardest level anymore. ultimate was like a whole new reincarnation of the game and an ultimate test of exploration and badassery!!!

pso_crash
Feb 1, 2010, 07:03 PM
I think the big mobius is better than the hemera. It has more ATP once it is fully grinded and I like the PA better.

FOmarRashidi
Feb 1, 2010, 07:24 PM
I am for the raise in level cap.

RowenOfStrata
Feb 1, 2010, 07:34 PM
while i doubt that they could or would do that i would fully support a LV cap boost AND WOULD PETITION FOR THE ADDITION OF AN ULTIMATE MODE.

god i miss ultimate. its like there's nothing special about the hardest level anymore. ultimate was like a whole new reincarnation of the game and an ultimate test of exploration and badassery!!!

Ultimate could almost stand up to that claim in v2 except for the fact that it was in no way a test of exploration, it came down to tough it out until you find a singular v2 weapon you could use or trade for another, then tear it to shreds. I played through when I first got it and had no real trouble until mines when everything was getting hit for 1 or 0 with v1 weapons, once I bothered to go back and farm around for even a crap ancient saber it became cake. The ep1&2 version of ultimate was heavily neutered beyond that and the BB ultimate is just as laughable. a friend and I jumped into ult on BB at lvl80 and had no trouble whatsoever. We were not armed to the teeth nor even having any particularly notable weapons.

Ult served only to make it easier to reach the cap of 200 by giving you more exp for your time and it was still an annoying grind after you hit about 130 just as it would be an annoying grind now. If they expanded anything I would rather see new areas and different scenarios rather than specifically an ultimate mode. The shining points of ep1&2 and BB were not ult but gal de val island and crater areas.

LittleBirdy
Feb 1, 2010, 07:38 PM
Elly, can you point me in the direction to more info about this PSZ d/l content?

Chukie sue
Feb 1, 2010, 07:41 PM
They should definetly raise the level cap... That was way to quick, and IU dont even play that often.

Dragwind
Feb 1, 2010, 08:20 PM
I only believe they should raise the level cap if they were going to add new content along with a higher difficulty, but they won't. They only make money from selling copies of the game, so don't expect any updates.

As for DLC, there isn't any aside from the mini version of the game for the DSi which is similar to a demo.

Mike
Feb 1, 2010, 08:22 PM
Supposedly there's DLC coming soon... But I don't think the lvl cap will change DX

Don't count on it.

Zike
Feb 1, 2010, 08:32 PM
DLC?

you know if cart size is an issue maybe for a sequel they could take advantage of the GBA port in the ds, or even just use it to transfer charecter data

zeital
Feb 1, 2010, 08:52 PM
Hmm i suppose if they could find a way to transfer your psz info into say an updated psz2 made only for dsi they could put out updates and upgrade via the dsi ware and memory card slot units to save that data. It would be cool thats for sure.

what about people like me who hate DSi?

DLC?

you know if cart size is an issue maybe for a sequel they could take advantage of the GBA port in the ds, or even just use it to transfer charecter data

piont made ^^

Ice Sniper
Feb 1, 2010, 10:07 PM
Lv Cap, sure why not, 150 or so would be really nice. However a bit of other DLC would be cool mabye an extra stage or two or something like that. However this is a great game by itself so im not going to be greedy ^^

RowenOfStrata
Feb 1, 2010, 10:17 PM
they could use dongle mode but would have to figure out a way to make it dual mode for gba slot or memcard slot since the dsi has no gba slot.

l3iohazard
Feb 1, 2010, 11:36 PM
I know how you guys feels, I'm not looking forward to getting lv100...

Z-735
Feb 1, 2010, 11:37 PM
Don't count on it.

Im not counting on it. Hence the supposedly lol

SneakySneaky
Feb 2, 2010, 01:48 AM
PS0 just fits the base of a handhold game. I think the capacity to 100 is enough except if they can provide us to download some more missions on wi-fi, cap to 200 is better.

garmrodin
Feb 2, 2010, 03:48 AM
or they make it easier to get to level 100

zeital
Feb 2, 2010, 05:33 AM
or they make it easier to get to level 100

I’m liking the challenge of working towards the lv 1oo cap I will feel satisfied when I get all 3 chara to that lv

Feb 2, 2010, 06:52 AM
If there were a second version or sequel to the game, I would love to see the level cap raised. Getting to 100 was way too easy in this. If they did raise it to 200 and it followed the same exp curve, I think they would need a fourth difficulty which gave more experience, which would be really fun.

Volcompat321
Feb 2, 2010, 07:05 AM
I doubt there will be any type of DLC, like already stated.
Though if they're not making a sequel, then the DSi would be the best bet on any type of extra content.

Luckily, I have one! :o

Though whoever mentioned using the GBA slot....that's mean!
I'd give up one of my cameras for a GBA slot!

zeital
Feb 2, 2010, 07:27 AM
Though if they're not making a sequel, then the DSi would be the best bet on any type of extra content.

see i don't get y the DSi needs a camara i can understand a SD slot and bigger screen but a camara, if it had a GBA slot not a camara i would have taken my DS lite and traded it in by now (big fan of good old GBA games ^^)

anyways moving on from my rant... i havn't ever played any of the other PS games so this is the only one i can compare, but i like it how it is, if a 2nd game came out i'ld get it asap even if there wasn't to many changes XD

LouieW
Feb 2, 2010, 02:13 PM
I would be fine with having a higher level cap in a sequel. I think that makes sense as an addition. However, I do not see the need to change the level cap if the next game is almost exactly like PSZ. I am not a fan of a really high level cap (like lv200) if the game is meant for characters that are level 100 or lower. What I mean by that is that I dislike tedious level grinding in a RPG in general. As long as there are difficulty levels that suit higher level characters I think a higher level cap would be a good idea. I just do not really see much fun in making reaching that cap really difficult because hostiles do not give enough experience.

Zike
Feb 2, 2010, 04:42 PM
I did not know they removed the gba slot from the dsi.. my bad still rocking out my lite upgrading when I get my taxes back

FoMarlBorough
Feb 2, 2010, 05:27 PM

exactly, in comparison, psz is easy. on sh my party rickrolls falz in under 2 minutes...and that was without any hard hittin hucasts or haxing. noone was lvl 100, no super omg rares either.

an ultimate mode where lvl 200 and omg uber rares is required to have a fighting chance would be very nice indeed. *cough* challenge mode*cough*

'scuse me, Sega, *ahem*

Macman
Feb 2, 2010, 05:29 PM
or they make it easier to get to level 100Are you kidding? This is probably the easiest PS game I've played to get to the level cap.

FoMarlBorough
Feb 2, 2010, 05:29 PM
I would be fine with having a higher level cap in a sequel. I think that makes sense as an addition. However, I do not see the need to change the level cap if the next game is almost exactly like PSZ. I am not a fan of a really high level cap (like lv200) if the game is meant for characters that are level 100 or lower. What I mean by that is that I dislike tedious level grinding in a RPG in general. As long as there are difficulty levels that suit higher level characters I think a higher level cap would be a good idea. I just do not really see much fun in making reaching that cap really difficult because hostiles do not give enough experience.

really, it could be seen, implemented as another game mode. for those who want to do it. even if most players stick with super hard it would give more lifespan to the game.

Chukie sue
Feb 2, 2010, 07:02 PM

There will definetly be DLC. I've seen it on official-ish sites... I'll look for a link, but I only saw DLC for texts and things like that. I've only heard rumors about a new map.

Dragwind
Feb 2, 2010, 07:50 PM
There is no confirmation at this point as it's all rumor, so it isn't definite.

kirtblue
Feb 3, 2010, 12:58 AM
There is no confirmation at this point as it's all rumor, so it isn't definite.

agreed not to mention that if there was any dlc japan would get it first and they have yet to get anything so dont get your hopes up just enjoy it for what it is

garmrodin
Feb 3, 2010, 06:06 AM
Are you kidding? This is probably the easiest PS game I've played to get to the level cap.

sorry I meant that they should make it harder to get to level 100 but then I'd prrefer a level limit increased

steaIth
Feb 13, 2010, 09:29 PM
what is the dsi?