PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Crit chance

kongajinken
Feb 3, 2010, 02:57 PM
How much is base chance for a critical hit and how much is it boosted if you use a type ability to increase your critical hit for that weapon?

(I made a new thread so I don't have to keep posting it)

Tycho
Feb 4, 2010, 06:27 PM
No one appears to have found out yet (nothing on the Japanese wikis either at least), so you could find out just as well as anyone. I thought the default critical hit rate was 5% (PSU), but I might be off...

kongajinken
Feb 12, 2010, 11:46 PM
Either I'm on serious crack or a critical hit gives about 40-50% bonus damage. I didn't actually test that I just eye balled my normal hits to crit hits and seems to be about that much.

Chuck_Norris
Feb 12, 2010, 11:52 PM
Easiest way to test would probably be noting the damage between normal hits and Just Attacks, since they always deal a critical hit.

Weeaboolits
Feb 13, 2010, 07:21 AM
I don't think they free crit anymore.

kongajinken
Feb 13, 2010, 12:18 PM

I assumed they do since you can get ability boosts for + critical hit chance.

Chuck_Norris
Feb 13, 2010, 12:22 PM

Oh? Just a normal boost to damage? And here I figured Sega would be too lazy to make it it's own modifier.

kongajinken
Feb 13, 2010, 06:35 PM
Easiest way to test would probably be noting the damage between normal hits and Just Attacks, since they always deal a critical hit.

I don't notice a difference in the damage I deal for a just attack compared to a normal hit.

Chuck_Norris
Feb 14, 2010, 12:59 AM
I don't notice a difference in the damage I deal for a just attack compared to a normal hit.

Well, it's definitely there. That's the point of Just Attack. If you time it right, you do more damage.

kongajinken
Feb 14, 2010, 01:58 AM
Just attack is your next attack after you parry for 0 damage with a green splash effect right?

Weeaboolits
Feb 14, 2010, 10:46 AM
Well, it's definitely there. That's the point of Just Attack. If you time it right, you do more damage.The damaged difference I've noticed seemed pretty negligible, though there's also the bonus pp regen from time attacks.

Chuck_Norris
Feb 14, 2010, 01:03 PM
Just attack is your next attack after you parry for 0 damage with a green splash effect right?

That's Just Counter. Just Attack is when you wait until the very end of your attack animation before you press the button again.

kongajinken
Feb 14, 2010, 05:33 PM
Wouldn't that be a hard attack? Why would they give ability boost to something thats 100% chance?

Chuck_Norris
Feb 14, 2010, 05:55 PM
Well, Just Attacks can also crit. The modifier appears to be smaller on here, but back on PSU and I think PSP1 you could get double crits this way.