PDA

View Full Version : Level 200 Max Statistics Calculation...Help!

Gixander
Feb 3, 2010, 09:07 PM
First post, and I hope to be giving out a lot of help and getting some in the coming months (or years, as it has been with my gaming life lol).

I never played online, but myself and two of my friends played PSO GC for a long time. I ended up with a L122 RAmarl, but over the years after I had to get rid of it (yeah, annoying when you have to move and sell stuff), I never lost the drive to play it again.

I found it a few weeks ago, and decided I'd go for broke and started playing it again, starting over as a FOnewearl. I'm trying to figure something out regarding statistics at the end when you reach level 200, because I don't want to spend more than what I need regarding Mats and on a Mag. Since I'm only level 26 and have so far only used HP and TP Mats (I've got about twenty other Mats in my bank), I think I still have enough time to decide what I want to do.

The question I'm wanting to ask is on how "current" statistics are calculated. I understand there's a base at level 200, and then a "max" for that character. Now, equipment like Frames and Barriers and such increase statistics. But do they get counted in the final calculation?

For example, say a Frame gives +10 to both defense and evasion. Let's say I'm level 200 and both statistics are 20 below max. Of course, equipping this Frame jumps my stats to where they are only 10 below max. That much I understand. But if I'm, say, only 5 below on each stat, does that jump me to 5 above, or does it cap out at the actual max?

Reason I'm asking is because say my evasion is 10 under max and I have equipment that will make it go over if it's counted. If it isn't counted, I'd have to use 5 Evade Mats to make up that 10 difference. If it is, however, then I can use those 5 Mats elsewhere to make up the difference.

Basically, what I want to know is if the statistics of your weapon, both armor and shield slots, all the units, the mag, and the materials all get added together to try and reach the cap? Or if only some of those statistics count for that purpose? (I don't want to end up with overshooting the cap on one statistics when I could have capped another).

Probably why I'm waiting until 200 to use anything but HP and TP Mats.

Splash
Feb 3, 2010, 09:52 PM
If you understand what "base stat" and "modified stat" are, then the answer should be relatively simple.

In short:

-MST and LCK are the only ones that will have the same base and modified stat.
-Stat units (i.e. God/Ability) affect the base.
-Materials affect the base. Remember there is a limit.
-Mag stats affect the base (only ATP, ATA, MST, DFP).
-Weapons, armor, and shields do not affect the base, unless it affects the MST or LCK.

Gixander
Feb 3, 2010, 10:25 PM
Ah, those are some things I wasn't sure about. Always did wonder why my MST was always the same base and mod no matter what happened. So if I were capped out on Evasion (for example, let's say my cap is 100) with nothing equipped and then equipped something with +10 Evasion, it would show as 100 (110), with the 100 being at max?

ViewtifulJoe
Feb 3, 2010, 11:48 PM
TP mats? Do you mean Mind mats or... are there actual TP mats in some version besides GC? Edit: you say you were on GC. To my knowledge, TP mats only occur in challenge mode when playing GC.

Also, the max affects the number in parentheses. There is NO limit to the final number, as you can boost that number not only with weapons and armor, but Shifta and Deband also adds to the final stat, so you can shifta/deband yourself past your max as well.

Splash
Feb 4, 2010, 03:59 AM
TP mats are obtained online only, through Gallon's Shop or Rappy's Holiday.

Though OP said he never played online.

I'll also confirm this:

Also, the max affects the number in parentheses..., as you can boost that number not only with weapons and armor, but Shifta and Deband also adds to the final stat, so you can shifta/deband yourself past your max as well.

Basically, all your stats go by this format:

"modified stat" ("base stat")

The modified stat can increase with weapons, armor, shields, units, and mags.

The base stat is fixed and can't increase any longer once it hits the max (which is done by making the number yellow, telling you it's maxed).

The exception to this is MST and LCK, in which the modified stat completely stops when the base stat hits max.

Oh, and this should be obvious, but you can't go beyond whatever the base max is even if you gave a unit/mag that gives it more. i.e. If your current base stat is 90 and your max is 100, giving a unit that adds 15 to it does not turn the stat to 105.

Gixander
Feb 4, 2010, 08:20 AM
Yeah, I don't play online. I do want to, but at the moment I can't get my gamecube to work, so I'm having to play PSO-GC on the Wii....which doesn't allow internet capabilities since it can't find the Gamecube modem...

But at least I can still play the game and get some levels.

The reason I'm asking is because almost every "max stat" guide ignores using units and the such and just focuses on a combination Mags/Mats. I'm currently only using HP Mats since they are separate from the rest, and I hope to get online before I hit 200 (I just hit level 30 yesterday before passing out...been a long week). Currently I have three units that I wear constantly (and already have the L35, L39, and L43 frames that all have 3 slots...hooray for constantly watching the armor store in anticipation). I use two General/Mind- and an Angel/Mind that I was lucky enough to pick up during a run through Easy/Caves 2.

I'm wanting to only use HP Mats for now, and I already have a second baby mag ready to train once I figure out what I need to do. Basically comes down to I want to wait until Level 200 and see what units and the such I can get and then see where I'm at. Of course, everything would be easy with four God/Ability units...assuming I need them (which as a FOnewearl, I probably will since it's impossible to max anything more than two, or maybe three, stats).

Splash
Feb 4, 2010, 02:31 PM
I'm not sure what you are talking about.

All the max stat guides will require units (and most specifically, God/Ability). There is just simply no way out of it. The difference is how much units are needed.

"Perfectionist Approach" for FOnewearl is the only way that you could come close to maxing every possible stat without getting a high penalty. Come solo, 57 MST lost is minimal. You could decrease that lost by equipping a weapon that increases MST but none of them are enough to be able to fully max it, just enough to come close.

Of course I assumed you looked at this guide:
http://www.pso-world.com/downloads/guides/ricomaxstat/crqmaxstatguidefonewearl.pdf

Gixander
Feb 4, 2010, 07:16 PM
Well, I did, but I figured there was a way around it. No one guide has flat out said "For calculating MST and LCK, you take everything into account; that means it's Weapons+Armor+Units+Mag. For all other stats, it does not include armor."

That's why I was confused at first. I think I'm going with the Pure Tech version (I dunno how it could be stated in the guide that the version that came "closest to perfection" had a deficit of 58 and the pure tech had a total deficit of -28 points).

Thanks for the help!

ViewtifulJoe
Feb 4, 2010, 11:30 PM
Basically comes down to I want to wait until Level 200 and see what units and the such I can get and then see where I'm at.

Are you aware of how long it takes to get to 200? There will be no point in using all those mats once you're already lvl 200 anyway, the best thing you could do is decide on your mats and use as many as you can as soon as you can, because getting to 200 is when you'll actually need them.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 9, 2010, 12:08 AM
Definitely look into the programs that can keep track of your mat usage and also give you accurate info for builds along the way. For example you can see what your stats will be in one more level all the way up to 200. And every 5 levels would be most accurate with exact numbers.

There's both a Mat Tracker and a PSO Character Manager. PSOChar manager I have used before and recommend, you'll definitely have fun messing around with that:

http://www.pso-world.com/download.php?cat=PSO+Utilities+%26+Programs

Download the plugins and things that are required to make it work as needed or ask here if you encounter problems running the program. I can grab some screens to show you what it looks like as well.

-
Placeholder then
-

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/HAYABUSA-FMW-/1.pnghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/HAYABUSA-FMW-/2.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/HAYABUSA-FMW-/3.pnghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/HAYABUSA-FMW-/4.png