PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Scape doll = new PD?

Lunar_Furor
Feb 4, 2010, 01:14 AM
Anyone else feel the same way?

GeoSword
Feb 4, 2010, 01:19 AM
Dunno about it being the new Photon Drop, but I have seen Scape Dolls drop like candy a lot. Especially as Boss Box Drops.

ashley50
Feb 4, 2010, 01:19 AM
not me...

Lunar_Furor
Feb 4, 2010, 01:30 AM
well ok not exactly a pd, i mean they have diff uses, but i mean they are about as useless being you can only carry one... plus when i see red box, i'm trained to have a small hyperactivity attack, but I find so god dang many SD's it's just like the pd for me. I found 3 in one room... of 4 enemies and 3 boxes.

Ash1ey
Feb 4, 2010, 01:36 AM
Send your scape doll to your bank via the item menu and pick up the rest? Its a pretty good idea since you can't buy them, always good to have some in stock!

ashley50
Feb 4, 2010, 01:41 AM
Send your scape doll to your bank via the item menu and pick up the rest? Its a pretty good idea since you can't buy them, always good to have some in stock!

lol yeah...I do that everytime I see another scape :P

Mortalis
Feb 4, 2010, 01:53 AM
You can only carry one scape? Wow, thats different. Not in a bad way though. Got kinda boring when everyone had 10 scapes.

Lunar_Furor
Feb 4, 2010, 01:55 AM
I know to send them to the bank... but it's just annoying, they shouldnt have made them red box lol.

evange
Feb 4, 2010, 02:00 AM
ain't jp versions of phantasy star always 1 scape doll only?

ashley50
Feb 4, 2010, 02:08 AM
ain't jp versions of phantasy star always 1 scape doll only?

PSU made us carry 10...and they can be bought from shops. For 5k a piece...

Izuna
Feb 4, 2010, 02:53 AM
Photon Drops in PSO = Kubara Wood in PSU
Scape Dolls are found more frequently then you use them (having over a 100 in your bank for example), but at least they can be useful, (Bel Panon farming).

I'd say that in PSP2, the equivalent to the Photon Drop would have to be those Magical Heart Keys. I had over a hundred even in the demo! ^^;

Tycho
Feb 4, 2010, 07:25 AM
I recently traded in all my Badges for Scapes in the trade mission; it took a while, but I ended up with over 100!

Weeaboolits
Feb 4, 2010, 07:39 AM
Photon Drops in PSO = Kubara Wood in PSU
Scape Dolls are found more frequently then you use them (having over a 100 in your bank for example), but at least they can be useful, (Bel Panon farming).

I'd say that in PSP2, the equivalent to the Photon Drop would have to be those Magical Heart Keys. I had over a hundred even in the demo! ^^;I don't remember PDs being quite that common.

While scapes are useful and all, it still pisses me off when one drops, why did they make them red box? :[

Akaimizu
Feb 4, 2010, 09:32 AM
Photon Drop maximum carry amounts have dropped in the recent games.

Phantasy Star Portable, I believe was limited to 3 scapes, but no way to buy them.

In PSZ, you were limited to 3 only. However, you could purchase more with Photon Drops, once you've opened the location where you could buy them. It did make the game a bit easier, though at certain times, with certain foes, you might find yourself getting by on the skin of your teeth. Still, not much punishment for regular play, except for the Eternal Tower.

This is one in which you just hold one, only found in drops again, but you can stock them in storage.

In Phantasy Star Online. In higher level play, you saw Red Boxes more often. However, it seemed like 80% of the time, they were Photon Drops.

Pillan
Feb 4, 2010, 05:33 PM
As Tycho said, you can trade 5 weapon badges of any type for Scape Dolls.

But I'm not bothered by the red box thing since it's not like PSU where rares are distributed randomly. Anything you see, you get, so it doesn't really matter what it is since you're not missing out on something else.

Weeaboolits
Feb 5, 2010, 11:24 AM
It's more of getting your hopes up thinking something good dropped only to find that it's just a scape doll.

evange
Feb 5, 2010, 12:29 PM
It's more of getting your hopes up thinking something good dropped only to find that it's just a scape doll.

it still can't beat 13* armor fooling you and make you think that its some 13* above weapon.

Deragonite
Feb 6, 2010, 12:40 AM
Even though I have over 120 scape dolls from drops only, I still prefer scapes dropping over most 10-12* garbage.

Tycho
Feb 6, 2010, 12:03 PM
Even though I have over 120 scape dolls from drops only, I still prefer scapes dropping over most 10-12* garbage.
Same. Red boxes usually contain crap anyway, so I'm more like disappointed when it's not a Scape Doll. :b

Pillan
Feb 6, 2010, 12:28 PM
10-12 star garbage sells for more, which makes it great grinding fodder. I'd probably prefer the excess cash to adding a few to the stack unless it's a run where I ended up using one.