PDA

View Full Version : After getting PSP I am offended by regular PSU

ShinMaruku
Feb 6, 2010, 12:26 AM
SO much better made, I think ST may have the good ideas but they need somebody else to make the games for them and keep their devs from doing anything but just direction of themes. :E

THOTH
Feb 6, 2010, 12:48 AM
Annnnd PSP2 is so much better then PSP. Comparing PSP2 to PSU will be traumatic to say the least.

Z-735
Feb 6, 2010, 12:50 AM
I agree. So far from the demo of PSP2 i've been playing, it's SO much better than PSU even PSP

AzureBlaze
Feb 6, 2010, 12:56 AM
This is mysterious to me also.
I felt a little the same when I got on ps0 but on there you start getting weps and it's like "I'm WAY more blingin'/interesting/cool arsenal etc". than my ENDGAME char in PSU. It's like regular PSU weps are just such a snore compared to the stuff they're letting out in PSP and ps0.

It seemed more like part of what made PSO great, the big variety and you could distinguish yourself. That's why so many people dumped so many hours into it rather than just spamming one area for levls as the prestige instead. In that way, non-psu games resist boredom.

Z-735
Feb 6, 2010, 12:57 AM
PSP2 is awesome cause you can do tech combos XD

ShinMaruku
Feb 6, 2010, 04:08 AM
No lie on psp2 no wonder they discontinued PSU. (Actually look at E3 a new PSU is being made for the HD consoles proper)

Z-735
Feb 6, 2010, 04:20 AM
PSP2 is jusy like PSU except WAY better and its portable.

Pillan
Feb 6, 2010, 10:35 AM
PSP was made after PSU, so obviously it corrects issues with the drip feeding of rares and limitations in variety until high rank. PSP2 was made after PSU, PSP, and PSZ, so it obviously corrects many more issues with each of those games. It's kind of rare for sequels to go worse than previous attempts, especially on issues of gameplay.

I wouldn't be offended by a previous attempt as it was a previous attempt. I would be more offended if PSP and PSP2 weren't improvements over their predecessors.

ShinMaruku
Feb 6, 2010, 11:44 AM
Well Sonic Team does have the habit of making sequels worse.
But since this is made by not just Sonic Team it seems to be going good. Maybe Sega put a boot down on some of their devs.

Pillan
Feb 6, 2010, 12:23 PM
Sonic Team doesn't so much have a habit of making things worse as older players have a habit of over-glorifying games from their childhood and never replaying them to self-correct the over-glorification. (See PSO and SA2 versus PSU and Unleashed as great examples of this.) If you want proof of this, get someone 5-10 years younger than you and let them play PSO/SA2 and PSU/Unleashed and see which they like more. (You can substitute a younger player with someone who's never played either game.)

ShinMaruku
Feb 6, 2010, 10:40 PM
I will defiantly give PSU a nod well over PSO in most respects I think some people have some massive nostalgia on that one.

THOTH
Feb 7, 2010, 03:24 PM
Hrmmm.... I liked PSO better then PSU. The weapons were ultimately better looking in PSO, I liked the art direction better (PSU never really found itself)...being able make your own character right away.... but they're kind of two different game styles really.

PSO is more classic hack and slash, and sort of perfects that genre. Whereas PSU is starting out on a more complex action RPG path that's far from perfecting its genre.

As the PSU engine got pushed into the likes of PSP...it's way better then PSO.

Still, I'm unsure how I was able to clock so many more hours into PSO then any other game in the series....and that's all offline. But then again, I was also living in a hick town with no friends when I was playing it O.o

ShinMaruku
Feb 7, 2010, 03:30 PM
Given the psp game play it by far crushes PSO.
Just guard is awesome.

ChaosAngelic
Feb 7, 2010, 10:42 PM
I'm really beginning to hate the voice actors in PSP (considering I just started playing the first one - took me long enough to get around to it). At least they weren't annoying me when I was playing PSU... but here... ugh, I kinda wish they'd just leave the Japanese VAs in and just subtitle it all. Makes for a better experience, honestly.

Chuck_Norris
Feb 7, 2010, 11:18 PM
I'm really beginning to hate the voice actors in PSP (considering I just started playing the first one - took me long enough to get around to it). At least they weren't annoying me when I was playing PSU... but here... ugh, I kinda wish they'd just leave the Japanese VAs in and just subtitle it all. Makes for a better experience, honestly.

It's the same voice actors from PSU. (Save for Ethan I think.)

ChaosAngelic
Feb 7, 2010, 11:38 PM
It's the same voice actors from PSU. (Save for Ethan I think.)

Oh, I'm aware of that. That's the problem. XD

(And they somehow seem to sound worse in PSP... or maybe that's just because I haven't played PSU's story mode in a while.)

Skyly HUmar
Feb 7, 2010, 11:45 PM
Ehh, I still think PSU<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<PSP<<<<<PSP2<PSO.

I really say that cuz PSP was still too PSU and it was waaaaay too easy, PSO and PSP2 just hit me in the right way. (Only real reason why I like PSO more is cuz its the original hack&slash game in the series, other than that they're tied for me.)

ChaosAngelic
Feb 7, 2010, 11:59 PM
Ehh, I still think PSU<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<PSP<<<<<PSP2<PSO.

I really say that cuz PSP was still too PSU and it was waaaaay too easy, PSO and PSP2 just hit me in the right way. (Only real reason why I like PSO more is cuz its the original hack&slash game in the series, other than that they're tied for me.)

Once I've played PSP2, I have a feeling I'll agree with you. Right now, nothing can compare to PSO for me, but that's really because of the community. PSP2 will be interesting... but I won't play it until it comes out here so I can actually understand it.

WBMike
Feb 8, 2010, 06:26 PM
After playing PSP2 for so long, PSU actually made me dizzy with the frame rate being so high, but I digress.

PSP2 corrects many of the problems that annoyed almost everything you could hate about PSU. However PSP2 introduced some new ones especially with Forces and Rangers running out of PP.

Sometimes when I play PSU i find myself holding R1 to Just Guard against Dark Falz attacks.

ShinMaruku
Feb 8, 2010, 06:36 PM
I hope the polished up and up res PSP2 to whatever current gen Phantasy Star game.
And let somebody good develop it and make Sonic Team Produce it. The good devs at ST arte long gone.

Mike
Feb 8, 2010, 07:49 PM
Sometimes when I play PSU i find myself holding R1 to Just Guard against Dark Falz attacks.

I was fooling around in the English PSP1 demo and found myself doing the same thing. I also tried to dodge roll several times :D

ShinMaruku
Feb 8, 2010, 11:23 PM
Hell I tried to roll ina completly different game, it worked becuase it was Bayonetta XD

HaydenX
Feb 16, 2010, 01:09 AM
No lie on psp2 no wonder they discontinued PSU. (Actually look at E3 a new PSU is being made for the HD consoles proper)

Where are you getting this information on a "new PSU?"

Please tell me either through PM or reply.

Thank you.

ShinMaruku
Feb 16, 2010, 02:45 AM
10 year anniversary of PSO.

Legendwolf
Feb 16, 2010, 02:55 AM
Is there Pvp on psp 2 ??

Chuck_Norris
Feb 16, 2010, 03:29 AM
10 year anniversary of PSO.

Who said it's a new HD game? And it wasn't even mentioned at E3.

ShinMaruku
Feb 16, 2010, 11:42 AM
Tjis E3 we should see something it may be HD it may not.

Akaimizu
Feb 16, 2010, 12:20 PM
Is there Pvp on psp 2 ??

They do have a PvP battle mode in PSP2. It's kind of a combination of actual combat, and domination (control points for points), while having access to jump pads.

Chuck_Norris
Feb 16, 2010, 01:20 PM
They do have a PvP battle mode in PSP2. It's kind of a combination of actual combat, and domination (control points for points), while having access to jump pads.

I find it to be quite a bit of fun, honestly. I could see some good clean competition coming out of it. Maybe when it hits the states PSOW could host some tournaments in it.

Kinako78
Feb 17, 2010, 12:54 AM

Are you nuts?! If I have to listen to Emilia's Japanese voice in the US version, I'll just go insane!

Zalana
Feb 17, 2010, 03:45 PM
Rather excited about PSP2 going to order it as soon as I get enough money.

Clunker
Feb 25, 2010, 02:17 AM

Wait, WHAT?

Where has this been announced? If you've seen info that any new PS title is coming to current-gen consoles, *PLEASE* toss a link up or something.

Since PSU (for me) is getting killed off on the only console I own, this is just what I've been looking for.

ShinMaruku
Feb 25, 2010, 10:35 AM
Patience young padawan.

Legendwolf
Feb 25, 2010, 01:48 PM
I've heard this from a worker at gamestop.

ShinMaruku
Feb 25, 2010, 04:17 PM
I doubt their knowledge.