PDA

View Full Version : I am the Greatest.

dj_dan
Mar 1, 2003, 03:42 AM
Well not really, but I feel like I am anyway.

After 30 minutes of piping for a Temple Hildetorr last night, that stingy bastard drops a vulcan with 30% dark.

Not one to give up, I piped for 7 hours (!) spread thoughout the day today, and I finally just now, encountered another Hildetorr.

Instead of killing him with Megid like I did last time, I decide to cheap the bastard out and stay in the hallway as my Gifoie widdles away his HP.

Bam, he dies! I reach level 59! He drops Berdysh!

Fuck yeah! I finally have my favorite weapon back from the GC import!

It only has 10 A.Beast untekked, but I don't care.

Yes I know this weapon isn't the strongest Partisan, but I love it, and the special is great as well.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share the love, and I'll be working on a little experiment regarding rare monsters, so stay tuned!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dj_dan on 2003-03-01 00:43 ]</font>

KillerCC1101
Mar 1, 2003, 03:46 AM
^_^ good find...hehe i can never seem to find a Hildetor, lol but i find too many Pal Rappies and i only get meseta, ive only gotten 1 guard wave, but i love it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Berdysh, i love that wep, but im not even gonna go near Ultimate Spaceship to kill those damn Migiums http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Celes152
Mar 1, 2003, 09:43 PM
Heh cool! I'm 0 for 4 on 'torrs dropping me rares. >=/

malinko
Mar 1, 2003, 09:56 PM
0 for 8...but Im bluefull http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

GandorDurin
Mar 1, 2003, 10:00 PM
5 out of 9 for me, so far. Of course I haven't fought one in the Temple yet, I can never seem to find the room with two Hildelts.

dj_dan
Mar 2, 2003, 02:43 PM
Gandor, if you're in the mood for some hardcore piping here is what you do.

Start an Ult Temple game.
Run up to the first room.
If it's the room with the 3 stomper, where you can go east, west, or north, quit.

Keep on starting new games until you get the map variation that starts with a small square room with 1 Rappy and 2 Ob Lillies.

Once you get this map, move on.
There will be a room with stompers where one path is blocked by red lasers, ignore those and continue south.

Eventually you will encounter a large rectangular room. The last wave will have 1 Hidelt, kill him and move on. This room also has two walls that can break which lead to a healing ring (just so you know, you're getting close).

Very soon, you will come to another large rectangular room like the previous one.
The final wave of enemies will be two Hidelts dropping from the sky.

This is the best way to pipe offline in Temple.
These 2 Hidelts spawn so quickly, by the time you cast Ryuker they are bearing down on you.

There is another map variation that has 2 Hidelts and 3 Ob Lillies but it takes over 7 seconds for them to spawn, which is just too long.

*Side note: I continued my little experiment, and so far it's going well. I piped for another Hildetorr last night, and in under an hour I found one.
Now I have 2 Berdysh's, too bad my second one has no %'s

GandorDurin
Mar 2, 2003, 05:40 PM
On 2003-03-02 11:43, dj_dan wrote:
Gandor, if you're in the mood for some hardcore piping here is what you do.

Start an Ult Temple game.
Run up to the first room.
If it's the room with the 3 stomper, where you can go east, west, or north, quit.

Keep on starting new games until you get the map variation that starts with a small square room with 1 Rappy and 2 Ob Lillies.

Once you get this map, move on.
There will be a room with stompers where one path is blocked by red lasers, ignore those and continue south.

Eventually you will encounter a large rectangular room. The last wave will have 1 Hidelt, kill him and move on. This room also has two walls that can break which lead to a healing ring (just so you know, you're getting close).

Very soon, you will come to another large rectangular room like the previous one.
The final wave of enemies will be two Hidelts dropping from the sky.

This is the best way to pipe offline in Temple.
These 2 Hidelts spawn so quickly, by the time you cast Ryuker they are bearing down on you.

There is another map variation that has 2 Hidelts and 3 Ob Lillies but it takes over 7 seconds for them to spawn, which is just too long.

*Side note: I continued my little experiment, and so far it's going well. I piped for another Hildetorr last night, and in under an hour I found one.
Now I have 2 Berdysh's, too bad my second one has no %'s

Thanks a ton! This is one of the most helpful replies I've ever gotten http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

As soon as I get the appropriate section ID to Ultimate mode, I'll definately be following these exact instructions. *Copies and pastes the information into a text document*

Thanks again, just tried it on my Whitill to see how difficult it was to get set up etc. It will certainly save a lot of time compared to doing a room with just one Hildelt!

Ryu_4
Mar 3, 2003, 12:48 PM
yea malinko i know how you feel lol ive killed 5 of those fukkers and havent gotten one either http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif