PDA

View Full Version : trouble with lunar base boss (HARD MODE)

johnwolf
Feb 6, 2010, 08:09 PM
i trying to get SH but that darn mech keeps ripping me to shreds. any tips for a HUCast.

Z-735
Feb 6, 2010, 08:10 PM
Run between his legs when he's shooting lasers

FOmarRashidi
Feb 6, 2010, 08:13 PM
I believe you can find a ice protect in the rioh snowfield that can nullify the effects of the most dangerous laser attack (the one that freezes you).

johnwolf
Feb 6, 2010, 08:13 PM
yah i do fine till 1/2 of the way in. then his sword hits BEHIND him. seriouly WTFOMGBBQ.

johnwolf
Feb 6, 2010, 08:17 PM
I believe you can find a ice protect in the rioh snowfield that can nullify the effects of the most dangerous laser attack (the one that freezes you).

man you guys are fast. thanks i'll go see if i have/find one.

FOmarRashidi
Feb 6, 2010, 08:22 PM
Good luck with finding one. I would also recommend a slow protect but the guy that carries them on hard and super hard is the one you're stuck on.

Add-on: make sure you're doing the snowfield on hard for the ice protect.

johnwolf
Feb 6, 2010, 08:30 PM
Good luck with finding one. I would also recommend a slow protect but the guy that carries them on hard and super hard is the one you're stuck on.

Add-on: make sure you're doing the snowfield on hard for the ice protect.

well of course i'll be on hard mode. currently only way to play.

Ice Sniper
Feb 6, 2010, 08:30 PM
Im warning you that with all the advice everyone gives you, you will still be destroyed... multiple times. Advice only gets you so far before experience is needed.

My advice is, always stays close to him while he is moving, when he stop, roll between his legs. Attack until he does the second part of his sword attack, this is the one that hits behind him if your close enough. Since your a Hucast back of or use a PA like bite stamp for that part. During the tile attacks, mainly ignore them, focus on staying close to Humilias and rolling between his legs. If you can avoid the floor tiles, great, if not just pop a mate because they probably won't kill you unless your pretty hurt, just pop a mate. Watch out for his suicide run at the end, its never killed me but I have heard stories where people get to see the chest, but have to restart anyway.

Things not to do:

-Worry about the floor tiles instead of Humilias
-Attack him while he is moving instead of staying near him
-losing focus while he is moving
-get hit by any of his lasers
-let your guard down
-let your guard down after Humilias dies
-give up after your first few tries, I beat him after 6 tries and I had a lot of helpful advice given to me

Have fun, don't give up and good luck!

-Ice

Z-735
Feb 6, 2010, 08:40 PM
HA! I move under his legs and I NEVER die from Humilias, hard or SH

FOmarRashidi
Feb 6, 2010, 08:45 PM
well of course i'll be on hard mode. currently only way to play.

Okay, I was just making sure about you knew what difficulty to search for to Ice Protect to avoid any possible confusion. If you already knew what I meant then you can ignore that add-on.

Ice Sniper
Feb 6, 2010, 08:50 PM
Im sure that you used to though elly :p

plus

Elly V

Today 08:40 PM
HA! I NEVER check my PM box, hard to bear isn't it

Z-735
Feb 6, 2010, 08:53 PM
I always check my PM box :P It doesn't take a person 1 minute to accept a trade :O
And I only died a couple of times on normal cause I didn't know what to do yet O,O

Ice Sniper
Feb 6, 2010, 08:57 PM
Ok, I just wanted you to get back to me, you know mabye before I died of old age(im a teenager). Not rushing you or anything but sometime in the next decade would be excellent :-D

And everyone has died against a boss in this game at some point.

Z-735
Feb 6, 2010, 08:58 PM
I did say I died lol.
Well I still don't see something I like :P

Ice Sniper
Feb 6, 2010, 09:05 PM
Argh ok I give up then, Ill find my own >.<

johnwolf
Feb 6, 2010, 09:40 PM
whhooo and a scape for the win.
man, i got trounced but i beat him. i just ignored the panal attack an evey thing finished nicly. ps you can't not get hit by his sword swing without rolling.
pss his death attack will hit you regardless so heal fast.

Ice Sniper
Feb 6, 2010, 09:42 PM
Good job, I hope any advice I gave you helped.

FOmarRashidi
Feb 6, 2010, 09:43 PM
Congrats on winning, John.

Bad Dirt Marvel
Feb 7, 2010, 04:03 AM
Using the Photon Art "Air Ride" on a Dagger from behind him helps a lot too.

Sudeki
Feb 7, 2010, 04:15 PM
Humilias is the only boss that seriously makes me mad -_-, on hard or SH I die like 5times lol, I mean I can beat every other boss on hard and not die once, sh I'll die once, if Im doing bad maybe twice lol, So don't feal bad when fighting him and you keep dying ;_;.

darkfalz32
Feb 7, 2010, 07:56 PM
HA! I move under his legs and I NEVER die from Humilias, hard or SH

every time I tried that he did the f%$#*@g ground slam. Even my lvl 62 HUcast can't kill him (and yes this is on HARD mode).