PDA

View Full Version : Item Powerful Gunblade Shot crits?

Joustin
Feb 7, 2010, 07:41 AM
I was using a Lord Axeon on my FoMar against the dragon on Hard (I was level 27 at the time I think) and ofcourse I will hitting like a girl. My gunshots were hitting his legs for like.. 6 dmg? But I noticed something I had usually ignored it when my other toons used gunblades. I would sometimes hit for 90 something dmg with no fire debuff. I had seen it happen before but thought it was the fire debuff but not this time.

I was wondering if anyone else ever seen this happen. to go from 6 dmg to 90 is a huge jump. Is there something about Gunblades I don't know or rather is it just the Axeon series gunblades that have a special effect?

GantzDetainee
Feb 7, 2010, 10:04 AM
Unless your gunblade's element is risk,there is a chance for a critical hit,but probably your hitting Reyburns weak point which is the head.

FOrulz
Feb 7, 2010, 03:13 PM
...but probably your hitting Reyburns weak point which is the head.
Gantz is right. Always go for his head, especially with PAs ;-)

Chukie sue
Feb 7, 2010, 03:45 PM
Well, it could have just LOOKED like you hit 90... When I do Over end, sometimes my numbers mash together with my teams, thus making it look like I hit 40,000 and things like that...

Joustin
Feb 8, 2010, 10:06 AM
Ok when I get a chance I am going to record me using the Lord Axeon and show you what I mean. I saw it happen again cept this time in the ruins.

Though don't get me wrong, I know exactly what everyone is saying to include the somewhat off topic about Reyburns squishy head.

I wanted to initially see if anyone had come across the same thing using Gunblades.

FOrulz
Feb 8, 2010, 10:43 AM
Just another FYI, but the gunblade shots hit 3 times when you are close to a hostile. Usually you'll only see one number for damage but it does occasionally mush numbers too. So maybe in the case where you hit 90 some damage it may just be 9 and something.

Joustin
Feb 10, 2010, 01:55 AM
You know I think some of the folks that were talking about the numbers mashing together I think are correct. That may have been what was happening

I was playing my GF's RaCaseal using a Gunblade in the Dark Shrine and noticed number mashing that looked like I was hitting for 800 something which I know isn't right. Doing the same thing, shooting with my gunblade on one target.

Thank you everyone for participating. I learned a little more about Gunblades from the post. Pretty cool weapon, able to hit a target 3 times in a one shot.

williambush
Mar 17, 2010, 07:51 AM
If you bought the UMD, open your case and remove the booklet.

input the code in the PSN Store (the icon with the number 12)

Hope that helps

Mike
Mar 17, 2010, 08:41 AM
If you bought the UMD, open your case and remove the booklet.

input the code in the PSN Store (the icon with the number 12)

Hope that helps

I think you're in the wrong topic.

psofan219
Mar 17, 2010, 03:27 PM
Yes, what you're experiencing is number mashing. I've had this happen a couple times myself and was like "...He should be dead if I hit for that much." The when it happened again I knew the numbers were being mashed together.

Some of the ending results can be downright hysterical though :lol: Uber high damage that isn't actually inflicted...