PDA

View Full Version : Item Rika's suit is stupidly powerful

Opodomus
Feb 9, 2010, 11:50 AM
I started off wanting to make a FOmar, then changed my mind to FOnewm. After seeing the stats on Rika's suit and realizing that it only works for girls, I'm considering going FOnewearl simply because of that one item. The added survivability on that thing is insane. The EVP is unmatched and the DFP is crazy high considering who it is for. FOnewm can only come close with the Noble Cloak. Discuss.

Kirukia
Feb 9, 2010, 11:57 AM
It's not THAT much better. They both grind to +40.
Noble Cloak will have 21 less defense and 1 less evasion.
At max level FOnewms have 140 DEF/ 266 EVP
FOneys have 135 DEF/ 278 EVP
FOmars have 167 DEF/ 264 EVP

If we add the Rika Bonuses to the FOney, 156 DEF/ 279 EVP
Good at EVP but in terms of DEF FOmars have them beat. FOnewms have good attack power though. Rika's suit probably won't make too much of a difference.
If you want survivability FOmar is probably just as effective. You also have to take hp into account :]

Noble Cloak also has resistances in all areas, where as Rika's only has 24% light resistance.

Opodomus
Feb 9, 2010, 12:11 PM
If you're a force you already have crazy high resistances though, so you only really need to worry about physical.

l3iohazard
Feb 9, 2010, 01:08 PM
FOnewms have good attack power though.

Why the hell would that matter??? In the end FOnewearl is a little better unless you want to spam foie, zonde and grantz which i like to do on occasion.

Kirukia
Feb 9, 2010, 01:43 PM
Why the hell would that matter??? In the end FOnewearl is a little better unless you want to spam foie, zonde and grantz which i like to do on occasion.

Because it has an advantage outside of survivability.
Don't be rude just because you have no idea what the hell you're talking about.
I'm just pointing out that Rika's Suit isn't really that overpowered, even in terms of physical defense. If that's what you want your build to be based around you can still pick other classes as well and not have a problem with surviving.

Chukie sue
Feb 9, 2010, 01:46 PM
Sorry, took it to pm's..

leviayurashyguy
Feb 9, 2010, 02:44 PM
rika's suit is FAR from being overpowered. sure it has high def and evasion and is only available to female newmens, but it is only SLIGHTLY better than the noble cloak, which everyone can wear.

the rika's suit alone does not make FOnewearl better than a FOmar or FOnewm in terms of tech damage. they don't even get the set bonus cuz they can't equip rika's claw. FOmarls make up the DFP diff from rika:noble and that DFP is Deband'able

you do realize that foie/barta/zonde are the most effective techs in 6 of the 7 available areas in the game. Megid is only effective in HALF of Dark Shrine and every else its totally outclassed in DPS as mobs are either resistant or vulnerable, not weak to aside from Arkzeins and a few other stranglers but F/B/Z do more damage and cost less

Para
Feb 9, 2010, 05:27 PM
I can't seem to find one myself... Definitely need one for my HUnewearl.