PDA

View Full Version : Usable Rares?

Ice Sniper
Feb 9, 2010, 07:17 PM
This is something that has made me wonder for a while. Which rares are actually usable, meaning they are better then a more common drop which you can just slap celeb on? For example, people like milias breakers but everyone says they are worse then a celeb 3 ainsraiffe. Are most rares like this or are most of them better then their more common counterparts?

I often see people trading for rare drops like N tathlums, M&A 33/41s, Yasminikov M109/95s and twin psychoguns(yes those are all ranger weapons but it seems to be a reoccurring theme).

Do people trade for these items simply to have had all the weapons or are they good? These are kind of two questions but I still would like to know.

GantzDetainee
Feb 9, 2010, 07:30 PM
The usable one that I know of are the two shurikens(if it has good %),milias breaker(if it has good % and celeb 3 lol) and psycho wand.
Mostly almost all rare here are just for show.

Ice Sniper
Feb 9, 2010, 07:33 PM
I think the shurikens are outclassed by stuff like eridanus celeb 3, good luck finding a celeb 3 milias breaker and the psycho wand I kind of expected since its basically the rarest item.

Does that mean those are the only ok rares and that most rares are only good to say you have them?

Rujju
Feb 9, 2010, 07:36 PM
^ yeah what he said.

But the shurikens, are only useful if u have the shinobi to go with it for the bonus ata but it still kinda useless, since u can just get whatever ata u need from a mag.

Clair Doubles, Rage tonfa w/ air ride, N-tathlam are also kinda useful.. well it depends on who uses them. The clair, rage tonfa can be a good alternative meelee option for a ranger while n-tathlam while the pa is meh, the heat lv.5 isn't so bad either and can be equipped by everybody.

but yeah.. pyscho wand tops all of them in usefulness. Pretty much the only rare worth hunting for imo xD

Ice Sniper
Feb 9, 2010, 07:39 PM
Wow that actually kinda makes me sad because it takes some of the point out of hunting for rares, it kinda makes me with they didnt stick celeb in because then good weapons would remain good.

GantzDetainee
Feb 9, 2010, 07:41 PM
Yeah I know Eridanus is stronger than both of those shurikens but Ive yet to see someone using it cuz it rare too...Yeah its another case of Aesthetics vs Practicality...Ainsraiffe with godly % and a celeb lvl 3 really outclasses a Milias breaker but then again if you got a Milias with lvl 3 celeb that another outcome.For me thou they just looks really cool and you know even if they are outclassed by most 7 stars weapon,if you saw someone with a really cool looking weapon would you not be impress by a small chance?

Rujju
Feb 9, 2010, 07:43 PM
Clair Doubles also comes with celeb lv.2

..and Pretty much all weapons without element can have celeb (zero's, ajax, missouris etc.) but u gotta be extremely lucky.

But still, even w/o celeb, some weapons still worth hunting for if not for collection then as a good trade fodder.

Ice Sniper
Feb 9, 2010, 07:45 PM
/\ Makes sense but if almost no rares are good then you would be trading trade fodder for more trade fodder >.<

GantzDetainee
Feb 9, 2010, 07:51 PM
Lol at the shuriken being useless,pair it with a rikas suit and Aljellen spamming,you'll be dodging stuff like Humilias Sword attack.

Rujju
Feb 9, 2010, 07:58 PM
lol at pairing a shuriken with a rika suit. newms are not the only race with forces.

GantzDetainee
Feb 9, 2010, 08:05 PM
Lol atleast they can actually finish ET SH from start to finish without using any NPC that's for sure.And yeah its best to think outside the box than being another brick in the wall with the same color.

Ice Sniper
Feb 9, 2010, 08:07 PM
I was just asking a question that was plaguing me, not trying to start a fight :/

Atlantis419
Feb 9, 2010, 08:14 PM
well i've heard (not that i've ever seen or had one), that a zero cane with magical sign is also very good , even better with celeb of coarse but still quite good with out.

Rujju
Feb 9, 2010, 08:16 PM
I'm not trying to start a fight. I just disagree on what he said.

While the shuriken may not be useless based on what he said, the fact remains that it is on most forces and still overpowered by slicers with celeb.

Really, the only purpose on it is to look cool, and/or a possible substitute if u haven't found a lv.3 trois/loneos/eridanus with bright sign.

rickfrior
Feb 9, 2010, 08:29 PM
Well, here's my opinion.
Yep, you're right that non-ultra rares like a Lv5 CelebLavateinn may surpass the ultra rares (like Yasminokov M109), but only in ATP most of the time.

I simply prefer the Yasminokov M109 simply 'cause it looks epic.

But as for the shurikens, they do play a good role with Shinobi Suit adding 50 more ATA and 25 MST, so in the end, I'd still prefer having one. However powerful a non-rare may be, I still would like the ultra rares more.

So my final answer: these ultra rares are GOOD!! ^^

Ice Sniper
Feb 9, 2010, 08:30 PM
Thats a cool opinion Rick, I think thats the one that Id like to go with more because it gives more reason to find and use all the ultra rares.

GantzDetainee
Feb 9, 2010, 08:39 PM
No lol im not inciting a fight of any sort its just that almost everyone with Fonewearl keeps on telling how they are OHKO on SH.Its just that shurikens while can be paired with a shinobi for added mst and ata,they also have an extra evp boost.Which in term added with the said armor and tech makes for usable Fonewearl that doesn't rely on meat shields and less prone on getting OHKO.

rickfrior
Feb 9, 2010, 08:40 PM
Err...why thanks, IceSniper...
Haha, I actually forgot that the shurikens do add EVP. Xp

My bad! ^^;

FOrulz
Feb 9, 2010, 11:03 PM
I simply prefer the Yasminokov M109 simply 'cause it looks epic.
I second this. Ultra rares may not be the most powerful, and the lesser rares are. BUT the thing is, more than likely everyone will be running around using the lesser rare but more powerful items. For example, I see tons of other people using the hadanbites and it's nothing special; it just does great damage and that's about it. But when I run into a rika's claw it's like.. damn, look at that claw! it doesn't matter how much less damage it does, it just simply rocks. Same goes for any other ultra rare versus the more useful/powerful lesser rares.

Hatrix
Feb 10, 2010, 02:02 PM
I like Bloody Gimlet daggers, they come with Draw Lv.3. Foie Haze is stronger tho and it's only kind of rare / element variable.

rhubarbot
Feb 10, 2010, 02:20 PM
I like Bloody Gimlet daggers, they come with Draw Lv.3. Foie Haze is stronger tho and it's only kind of rare / element variable.

I'd kept hearing about how uber Bloody Gimlets were and then found some with 49% dark—unimaginably good I'd say. But then I tried them out and they still killed much slower than the level 2 celeb Foie Haze I was using at the time. That's very sad, because like so many of the uber-rares, Bloody Gimlet is a cool-looking weapon with a neat concept behind it (AoE dagger).

It makes me yet again wish that Celeb wasn't so overpowered in this game. If it didn't activate every single hit like it does, it would not be completely pointless to use 98% of all the rare weapons like it is now.

leviayurashyguy
Feb 10, 2010, 07:43 PM
Celeb pretty much kills rares being optimal. i forgot the exact wording but rule of thumb is if its rare, it's prolly not as strong as something more commonly found

Psycho Wand and Shurinkens cuz they have the highest MST of their classes

Clairs Doubles and Hocho cuz they are the best non Hunter weapons of their class

and why depend on shurinken+shinobi suit for EVP when you can just use a noble cloak/rika's suit and get liek 60 more EVP? sure you get a nice ATA bonus which FOnewy's REALLY need but that doesn't mean you need to make yourself even more squishier

Kirukia
Feb 10, 2010, 10:11 PM
Psycho Wand is about the only useful rare really.
I mean there are other rares that are very good, but they aren't really rare, just uncommon.
I haven't tried a shuriken but I've heard mixed reviews about them.

rickfrior
Feb 10, 2010, 10:14 PM
Again, I state an opinion.
First of all, I depend on the Fuuma Shuriken and Shinobi Suit not because I want the EVP, but the ATA and MST bonuses.
And for the Fonewearl part, that's true, it will get a bit rough with an armor with low DFP and all. Can't say any more than that as I have never used that class.

But it's up to the person who uses that character: will you boost your ATA have lesser DFP/EVP or have lesser ATA but with higher DFP/EVP? This is only for shurikens and Shinobi Suit users though.

Of course, I choose the first choice.

Assassin 45
Feb 11, 2010, 05:29 AM
I use my Milias Breaker rather than celeb 3 ainsraiffe. The breaker is cool to have and the ATA is better. For my character I can use the breaker with 2 div powers instead of ainsraiffe with div hits to hit on SH. I kinda like to have the Dynamo spin PA rather the over end on the breaker though.

Kirukia
Feb 11, 2010, 09:35 AM
Milias Breaker always comes with OE

Assassin 45
Feb 11, 2010, 05:28 PM
I know. I worded that kinda funny. I just like the dynamo spin better for all pourpose use. That's the only thing I prefer about the ainsraiffe. Foie haze is a good rare. I finally got a nice one with % in mac and dark lv4 elem @ Air Ride. That's the thing abot the rares also is yeah alot of people have a Foie Haze but how many people have one with great % and good PA and lv5 element?

Altrius
Feb 13, 2010, 01:13 AM
In some cases, wouldn't it be more rare to find a seven star non-rare with a level five element than to find a seven star rare? Maybe all the seven star non-rares don't require a level five Celebrity element to be more powerful than a seven star rare, but I believe it's a valid point.
Disregarding that, I'd still use a rare instead of a stronger common weapon, just because it would stand out and look more..cool. Obviously the Psycho Wand is excluded from the discussion of Aesthetics vs. Practicality. Although there are a lot more rares that I continue to strive to find in spite of the fact that I could find a more useful common weapon with much more ease.

HeartBreak301
Feb 13, 2010, 02:01 AM
I really wish Celeb didn't exist, this is just PSO's charge repeating itself. Why get Guld Milla when you can get a pair of Charge Vulcans for literally 1/300th of the price? Ubers shouldn't ever be beat by some high end piece of trash.