PDA

View Full Version : Do you use the L+start or R+start menu access.

johnwolf
Feb 10, 2010, 04:39 AM
i do makes things a hell a lot faster. i'm just wondering how many people access the menus this way. Can't tell how many times this has save my hide.

zeital
Feb 10, 2010, 05:15 AM
i use the L+start alot very much so, i never use the R+start,

GantzDetainee
Feb 10, 2010, 09:55 AM
Yeah I use them alot.Very useful for my Hunter for quick weapon equip and specially for my Force since I don't have enough space on my pallete for fluids and mates.

Kirukia
Feb 10, 2010, 10:42 AM
I usually use L+Start. I don't use R+Start very often though.

Chukie sue
Feb 10, 2010, 10:44 AM
I use them both as I switch my weapon depending on the mob sometimes...

Cruciarius
Feb 10, 2010, 11:11 AM
I use the L + start with my FOnewearl, to save palette space for other things.

Hatrix
Feb 10, 2010, 01:55 PM
I love both of those features. The fast pick up and switch access with "Y" I use alot. Also the the rotate camera R+Y / L+Y is awsome for looking around and turning while running.

JapansRobo
Feb 10, 2010, 01:56 PM
I use L + Start to use fluids on my force, though since I spend most of my time meleeing it doesn't happen often. I use R + Start to change my mag for a boss or to change a weapon on my RAcast.

JonseyMcFly
Feb 10, 2010, 02:39 PM
I didnt even know they incorpreated the quick menu in ps0, I tried a few way's that i though would work, Don't know how i missed that.

Gold Slime
Feb 10, 2010, 02:42 PM
I didn't even know you could do stuff like that.

SneakySneaky
Feb 10, 2010, 02:43 PM
I simply hit start to switch my weapons and use fluids... I don't know the quick access. Thx for the tips.

somaclast
Feb 10, 2010, 02:52 PM
I love both of those features. The fast pick up and switch access with "Y" I use alot. Also the the rotate camera R+Y / L+Y is awsome for looking around and turning while running.

what other uses are there for the Y button?

Dragwind
Feb 10, 2010, 02:58 PM
I use this feature quite a bit. I couldn't imagine going back to standing still for more than 2-3 seconds to switch weapons mid combat or to use items. I still wish you could move around while going through the menu though somehow.

Volcompat321
Feb 10, 2010, 03:02 PM
The next generations of DS need at least 1 Joystick.
2 would be ideal, even for the PSP.

Think if the DS had almost the same layout of the PSP buttons, Nintendo would get into legal trouble?

JapansRobo
Feb 10, 2010, 06:27 PM
I use this feature quite a bit. I couldn't imagine going back to standing still for more than 2-3 seconds to switch weapons mid combat or to use items. I still wish you could move around while going through the menu though somehow.

All They'd have to do is stick the quick menu on the touch screen (which it's already on) and have you use the Stylus for it rather than the Buttons. Then you can use the Buttons to move and the Stylus for the menu. I wish they'd done it that way.

Dragwind
Feb 10, 2010, 06:35 PM
I agree with both notions. I'd love to have at least one joystick for the DS as well at some point, even if it was incredibly small. It would allow for the use of a manual camera which is incredibly useful...as it is in PSU. For action RPGs, needing to stand still to go into the menu is incredibly annoying and just doesn't make sense.

JonseyMcFly
Feb 10, 2010, 06:52 PM
I like the ideal of able to use the styls in menu could save time. But i could see my self using the stylus in my mouth with and play with mah hands that would be great!!

leviayurashyguy
Feb 10, 2010, 07:53 PM
I agree with both notions. I'd love to have at least one joystick for the DS as well at some point, even if it was incredibly small. It would allow for the use of a manual camera which is incredibly useful...as it is in PSU. For action RPGs, needing to stand still to go into the menu is incredibly annoying and just doesn't make sense.

look on the bright side, at least you don't move when you're confused =D

i don't no about the analog stick. the nubey thing on the PSP is so incredibly arkward. i would much rather prefer the game had more touch screen features than just the picto chat ie: drag and drop windows or even just the present menu thats touchable

anyhoo i use L+Start all the time to check rares or use atomizers, fluids, traps, etc. i use R+Start on occasion when i need to swap out units but more often than changing equips, i change my palette and i desperately wish there was a shortcut for that =(

FOmarRashidi
Feb 10, 2010, 07:56 PM
I use the L+start all the time. I don't use the R+start as much though.

Rareware0192
Feb 11, 2010, 05:29 PM
Yes, I usually use the Weapon menu much more than the Item menu shortcut. :P It does save time especially when in the middle of a boss battle.

Mr. Kunio
Feb 12, 2010, 01:03 AM
Holding down R will lock the camera in place while you run!

Using that in conjunction with holding X +L, R to view is nice

Sudeki
Feb 12, 2010, 03:16 PM
The only "shortcut" I use is the Auto Pickup items button, But I would use the R+start or L+start but I normally forget about it, and remember once I already have the menu open. >_<

Akaimizu
Feb 12, 2010, 03:40 PM
I always use those shortcuts. But mostly I use the Inventory one.