PDA

View Full Version : Official Nintendo Magazine PSZ review

mid Knight
Feb 11, 2010, 09:39 AM
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=15200 Hi all, with Europe finally getting hold of the game tommorrow, the british nintendo magazine had review it.
I was hoping that they give it at least 80% but hey the review isn't as bad as the last review thread posted here ages ago (*cough 1UP). So what do you think about their review?

Kirukia
Feb 11, 2010, 10:01 AM
"but offline, with three AI numpties gawping at you"
Lol.
I think it's fair. PSZ isn't without it's shortcomings. I would like to know where the "wealth of customization" is. I don't know what game they are playing .___.
Phantasy Star has always been made for online play really.

Cruciarius
Feb 11, 2010, 10:13 AM
Phantasy Star hasn't always been online. PS1-3 were all huge 1 player, offline only, RPGs. I wish They'd make an online PS as big as those were.

Kirukia
Feb 11, 2010, 01:48 PM
Yes but the more well known ones are mainly for online play. To be honest I hadn't heard of PS1-3 at all until I joined this site, and I played PS games for years.

pso_crash
Feb 11, 2010, 02:01 PM
Yes but the more well known ones are mainly for online play. To be honest I hadn't heard of PS1-3 at all until I joined this site, and I played PS games for years.
I never got into phantasy star until I played 1-3. Those games were the reason I got so excited about this game.

Kirukia
Feb 11, 2010, 02:15 PM
I never got into phantasy star until I played 1-3. Those games were the reason I got so excited about this game.

Really? I swear I had never heard of them xD
I got into it with GC PSO. My friend had it and he got me and my other friend into it. We'd play offline but we could still get 4 people if his sister played too. I got PSU when it came out and then I played BB when I found it on a private server. I didn't make an account here til I got PSZ on the recommendation of a different friend, and thats when I was like, PS1-3? What is that? xD

Cruciarius
Feb 11, 2010, 02:20 PM
I wish Sega would release PS1-3 for the DS. I know they already did it for the GBA, but once I have the money, I'll be selling my DS for a DSi. Would love to play PS2 again. Never got a chance to play PS1 or PS3, when they originally came out.

OnnaWren
Feb 11, 2010, 05:37 PM
Ehh, what with Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection out on PS3 and 360 for about $20 USD now, there's no reason to not pick one up- Phantasy Star 1-4 on the same disc (although 1 is an unlockable).

The PS2 and PSP versions of the Sega Genesis Collection only had Phantasy Star 2-4, but are still worth it if you don't have a current-gen console.

Cruciarius
Feb 11, 2010, 06:07 PM
Their is a Sonic Classic DS game, which has Sonic 1, 2, 3 and Sonic & Knuckles all on one game. Plan to get it eventually.

I don't own or would ever touch a Sony console. Sega should release PS 1-4 (didn't know of a #4 until now) for the DS. They released them for the GBA, but they're not playable on a DSi.