PDA

View Full Version : Love/Hate relationship w/CelebHadan Bite

Opodomus
Feb 12, 2010, 11:05 AM
A while ago I picked up a CelebTachyon Gun (level 5 celeb), a 7 star handgun, and started running Wetlands to try and find the cake shop and maybe even a Shiruken. I got bored of Wetlands so I started running the Valley instead. It wasn't long before I found a Grand Chariot with 0/0/21/15/32 and level 3 element so I celebed it, boosted Dark, and started using that instead. Shortly after I got my first Garahadan Fang and began the process of rerolling. I got one that was 42/42/44/0/0 with Bite Stamp so I celebed it and boosted Machine to 59.

I was doing amazing damage in the Valley, regularly in the 300s, but once again got bored and decided to do an ET run. I had my Grand Chariot for darks, Hadan Bite for all other things not resistant to melee, and the Tachyon Gun for melee resistants. The Hadan Bite outperformed both other weapons even in areas where the other weapons should theoretically be better. I love the Hadan Bite, but now I wonder if I will ever find a better weapon, and that makes me sad.

One last note, I hit the frog things from Paru for a bit over 400 regularly. HUnewearl with 100 power mag, 80 swift mats, no power in armor units.

rhubarbot
Feb 12, 2010, 11:24 AM
No, you won't find a better weapon. You'll find weapons that do more numerical damage (Celeb Ainsraiffe/Milias Breaker with Over End), and weapons that hit much faster and more often for big damage (Celeb Foie Haze with Air Ride). But if you run levels with those weapons and compare to the clearing speed you get with a good Hadan, you'll see the Hadan wins out, with its combination of huge damage, wide area of effect, moderately fast charge time, and excellent versatility.

Plus, as you get more Hadan fangs (they are VERY rare, unfortunately), you'll be able to make things like 64-65% machine or dark Hadans that do obscene damage.

Almost sad, really. I wish there were a wider variety of top-end weapons from which you could pick and choose. Alternatively, I wish Celeb wasn't so overpowered so all those cool-looking rares would be useful. But it's not to be.

(One caveat: a celeb 5 handgun with Flame Hit or Thriller Combo is still worth using over a Hadan in certain cases. Even the most powerful Hadan will still hit some enemies for double-digit damage, e.g. Rohcrystas.)

HeartBreak301
Feb 12, 2010, 12:45 PM
I've always hated charge/celeb, it kills ubers.

Chukie sue
Feb 12, 2010, 12:48 PM
Morgens > hadan bite anyday.

Atleast, that what my experiences tell me.

And Im almost positive they're not very rare. I have like.. 6.