PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 PS3?

Kion
Feb 12, 2010, 12:39 PM
After spying PSP2 in the store, i`m really tempted to get it. The only problem is that I don`t have a PSP. I don`t really care for the PSP library, so it seems like a waste to fork over a lot of cash for one game. I`m considering buying a PS3 (Bayanetta related causes), my only question is does sony let you play downloaded PSP games from the PSN network directly on the ps3 with out needing a psp? I`ve tried googling, but i haven`t found a coherent answer.

Pillan
Feb 12, 2010, 01:04 PM
There is no way to do it without voiding your warranty, at least.

Chuck_Norris
Feb 12, 2010, 03:42 PM
so it seems like a waste to fork over a lot of cash for one game. I`m considering buying a PS3 (Bayanetta related causes)

:lol:

Tetsaru
Feb 12, 2010, 04:10 PM
From my experience, you can DOWNLOAD PSP titles from the PSN store onto your PS3, but you can't PLAY them on your PS3, unless there's some sort of mod out there that'll let you do it, which wouldn't surprise me. I'm pretty sure you have to use a USB cable (same type used for the controllers) to hook up a PSP to your PS3 and then transfer it over, but then again, I've never done it myself or seen it done before - most of my friends who have a PSP modded them, so they get their games through... other means. I think I've seen a few games on the PSN that can be played on either system, but they have separate downloads, so you probably couldn't play one on the other system.

As far as getting a PS3 goes, I've thoroughly enjoyed mine. I could recommend a lot of good games for you, if you want (be sure to add your PSN ID to the list (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169035) so I can add you!). I haven't played all the way through Bayonetta yet, but it's been pretty wild so far. Make sure you download the patch for it so you can install the game though - it should prompt you when you start up the game and are connected to the PSN - otherwise the insane loading issues will drive you crazy... I blame Sega for that. :3

Kion
Feb 12, 2010, 07:03 PM
:lol:

Lol. As a starting point. There are a bunch of titles on ps3 that look appealing.

As for what I found while googling, it seems pretty must like what Tetsuru said, you can connect the psp and ps3 to play psp games on a tv.

I find it so weird as I only play games in my house, and ps3 definitely has the power to play psp games. Sony probably wants to make people buy their system, but i wish they`d make things easier for consumers.

Chuck_Norris
Feb 12, 2010, 07:45 PM
but i wish they`d make things easier for consumers.

They have nearly every PSP game ever made up for download on the PSN store, you can store them on your PS3 if you're low on space, added a program to the PS3 so you can play any PSP game with Ad-Hoc mode online with people around the world, and even offer the ability to use a PS3 controller on a PSP Go if you have one.

If they made all PSP games playable on the PS3, what would be the point of owning a PSP? Most people who play video games play them in their own home. Capcom actually realized this, and put advanced loading modes in their games that require the AC adapter to be plugged in for. Everyone would just play them on their PS3 so they don't have to learn to hold a PSP right.

ShinMaruku
Feb 14, 2010, 12:43 AM
There is no way to do it without voiding your warranty, at least.
No way currently. Well actually if you have the slim you have no way in hell. XD