PDA

View Full Version : Moments of Nostalgia

rickfrior
Feb 12, 2010, 10:29 PM
I can't help but share this 'cause it brings me back memories...

When I first played PSZ in Guhracia Valley, I saw this Delbiter (Helion) and moved like one too! (except for that light beam) and I thought about how hard Delbiters were. "I'ma DIE!!!!!"

Reyburn's pretty obvious...
The Pelcatraz birds remind me of Nano Dragons because of the way they die falling.

Which also made me notice, there aren't any flower like plant enemies in PSZ...but I think Bolixes are pretty close...?

Haha, also, when I saw a weird enemy name pop in the screen, I thought it was Gal Gryphon when it was Garapython! Do you think it was made close to that name? :p

Korses seem to act like Morfoses in a Canune and Canabin way with Akorses.

As for Baranzes, Arkzein says "NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!!"

For those Arlans, Merlans and Del-Ds, I guess they got tired using their claws and switched to their feet??

Hehe! The rest? That'll be yours, I guess!

Any similar experiences, guys?

Chukie sue
Feb 12, 2010, 10:32 PM
bolixes = flower plant?

lol, to each his own :p

rickfrior
Feb 12, 2010, 10:34 PM
LOL, I was only thinking that they were! ^^;

Aridashi
Feb 12, 2010, 10:44 PM
I have the worst luck when it comes to enemy/boss fights. Haha.

On my 2nd run of Gurhacia Valley, I found 2 Blaze Helions at the Healing Meadow. I was armed with an Ein Ripper that was zero'd at the time, with Sarisa and Kai dying after the first 5 seconds of the fight.

Let's just say that it was almost impossible for me to kill them. ^^;

That made me feel like I was playing PSO: Episode 4 again and going against those Dorphons.

Let's not forget the come-back of the ADORABLE Boomas and Rappies! <3

rickfrior
Feb 12, 2010, 10:48 PM
Yeah, true.

Well, thanks for reminding me as well! On that Gurhacia run, I also saw an arena which I didn't know was ridiculously rare! Of course, that was the beginning of my 900+ incapacitations.

FOmarRashidi
Feb 13, 2010, 12:36 AM
I remember being surprised when the froutang pulled out a gun out of nowhere when I first encountered them.

Add-on: I also remember being annoyed with the camera at first until I learned out to control it better.

The_Pup
Feb 13, 2010, 01:41 AM
Ugg... Shrine reminded me of my first runs through PSOBB's Underground Desert... Except it was easier (see "less traumatizing) because enemies didn't use their teleportitis to run jump halfway across the room to smack my character across the face unexpectedly. They just dash over in a predictable fashion >.>

For Forest nostalgia, wolves and hildes. Except both are more agressive.

Machine nostalgia... Just a little. Except the machines are faster prototypes of what they became in PSO.

Thankfully... I remembered to stay away from dragons when I got this game. Saved my ass from Reyburn (NPC... CRUSH!) >.>

Also... Misplaced nostalgia from FF8. Gunblades and the snake enemies (which look like those before the fight with the spider machine).

JonseyMcFly
Feb 13, 2010, 10:38 AM
The cat things you find. Fight exactly like wolves from pso that brought back a lot for me, And the hildaBear things were awesome to. The booma orgins kinds through me off at first. I was like Pft, I wanna kill a real booma.

Inn3rfury
Feb 13, 2010, 05:24 PM
2 Words Dark Falz.

No but Seriously using my FO with a Binary Saber. That brought me WAY back.

FoMarlBorough
Feb 13, 2010, 08:43 PM
the newmans on the moon took me to ps3 and the Layans on the moon. they look similar too.

'Lune forbids it!' haha

Aiex
Feb 15, 2010, 12:43 PM
Not having enough TP/PP to tech through a single room until many many levels and a good mag later. Yeah, that felt like the first time I tried FO on GC. Good times.

johnwolf
Feb 15, 2010, 01:47 PM
i used my hucast and after equiping a sword i thought "omg i 'm playing PSO again".

Hatrix
Feb 15, 2010, 01:53 PM
Indeed there are enemy similarities here: Phobos and the Belra are heavy hitting golems

Rumole's like to hide in the ground until approached like the Meriltas

The_Pup
Feb 15, 2010, 09:04 PM
Is it just me or does the entirety of Shrine remind anyone of Kingdom Hearts 2 nobodies?

RAcast Extremist
Feb 16, 2010, 06:17 PM
The finjers reminded me of deldepth. Annoying bastards.

rickfrior
Feb 16, 2010, 08:48 PM
The finjers reminded me of deldepth. Annoying bastards.

Huh, why didn't I think of that?!!!

Well, but Deldepths are a bit more annoying, carefree attackers with cheap Megid!!!

JonseyMcFly
Feb 16, 2010, 08:50 PM
I think i coudl actually belive the nobody things in the shrine.

Feb 16, 2010, 10:35 PM
Hildebears adapted to the cold. So many memories of those guys. And ya when I'm playing in valley and see a helion, I often think Oh look a dorphon (which is pretty much the same thing as a delbiter too).