PDA

View Full Version : Best First Character?

Phelan
Mar 1, 2003, 03:03 PM
I know there is no "best" character, however I was wondering which character everyone thought would be the best for a newb to use in the beginning. I will be getting PSO march 18 when the xbox shipment arrives and I would find this info useful.

TeamPhalanx
Mar 1, 2003, 03:04 PM
HUmar...

He was made for beginners.

TedEdFred
Mar 1, 2003, 03:10 PM
HUnewearl

garian
Mar 1, 2003, 03:29 PM
H00mar or H00newearl

Omni-SqwirL
Mar 1, 2003, 03:32 PM
HUmar...all the way

Phelan
Mar 1, 2003, 03:38 PM
ok, another related question. What makes the HUmar, or others good beginner characters good for beginners?

Ghaleon
Mar 1, 2003, 03:40 PM
humars for the new people

Omni-SqwirL
Mar 1, 2003, 03:43 PM
HUmars are really well rounded, and I assume that you are a guy, so that's why I didn't suggest the HUnewearl. Humars will be balanced for throughout your pso experience, and you will love every minute of it.

BeatZero
Mar 1, 2003, 03:45 PM
HUmar is best newb char but if u go online there are uber amounts of them

Phelan
Mar 1, 2003, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the great respons Omni-Swirl. So... HUmar then RAmar for me... Ugh, I just can't wait to get PSO.

Mystil
Mar 1, 2003, 04:08 PM
Though I'm a guy, HUmar didn't interest me. Too common I guess. But they are definitly for new players starting out.(Although it should be the HUcast)

Auron132
Mar 1, 2003, 04:15 PM
just don't pick a force or a PINKAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mystil
Mar 1, 2003, 04:16 PM
And why not a pinkal? They find techs more frequently X_x. FOnewearl is about as good as you can get for a beginner, but still problems.

wizkid357
Mar 1, 2003, 04:18 PM
FOnewm

Phelan
Mar 1, 2003, 04:28 PM
Why should a beginner stay away from forces?

TeamPhalanx
Mar 1, 2003, 06:19 PM
FOrces are difficult to manage, as they are very weak physically and thus are prone to... well... dying a lot. They also require more meseta management, since they rely almost entirely on techs early on. There's also the issue of using the right techs on the right enemies.

HUmar is really good for beginners since he starts off with good ATP, ATA, and HP. You can use guns early as, as well as resta. His growth is also one of the best early on in the game - For that matter, he's growth is probably the best overall, from start to fin. Basically, you're looking at the whole package.

PalRappies_go_splat
Mar 1, 2003, 07:29 PM
why? ok take my sis 4 example... i let her use my new FOnewearl she tries to whack down a hildebear /w a stick!!! then she finds out she can use some spells... SHE TRIES TO RESTA THE HILDEBEAR!!! now she has full health and no tp she starts whacking it again she gets enough to use a barta and the hidebear dies another hidebear flies down and kills her on impact she didnt know about banks so now she has 0 mesta 1 monomate and she dunno wtf a monofluid is... thats y FOrces arent for noobs

as for the reccomended starting char... if your nervous choose a RAmar(basic all around ranger) if ur brave or u like hack n slash use HUmar(balenced)/cast(ATA+HP+traps wont surprise a noob as much as it would if u cant c em+cant get poisioned-paralyzed)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PalRappies_go_splat on 2003-03-01 16:34 ]</font>

Tseng
Mar 1, 2003, 08:41 PM
Ok this is just my opinion so don't hang me for it. O_o;

As a starter I would say choose an Android preferably the HUcast or the RAcaseal since they are pretty much immune to most status conditions and have a fair defense. Of course in return you will not be able to use techniques but that just means more power for your Mag.