PDA

View Full Version : Champions Online

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Feb 15, 2010, 07:37 AM
Hiya all,

Just wondering who plays this game? Its amazing but a bit restrictive to many of my friends who play PSU as it needs quite good PC hardware to play, ok well not on minimum GFX but it'd look fuggly as hell and I'm a bit of an elitist when it comes to making PC games look purdy.

Anyways I feel although the game looks and plays amazingly its lackign in community spirit people either just act like roleplay weirdos or just spend all day tlaking about the game and powers etc. Thus i'm looking for (relatively) normal people who play the game alot and would like to team up for quests as i'm all to used to solo'ing and that shouldn't be on an MMORPG should it? I reckon when this finally reaches 360 whenever that might be it'll be a huge hit but i'm on PC and it's where I stay.

Anyways it'd be nice to know if anyone plays :D

Tifa

Weeaboolits
Feb 15, 2010, 12:43 PM
I played it a bit while it was having a free trial, it was a cool game, but the subscription fee costs more than I'm willing to pay.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Feb 16, 2010, 03:00 AM
Hiya,

I see what you mean it is slighty more expensive but then again you get patches/fixes every 3 or 4 days and new content added every few months I think tis definately worth it, well when i compare it to cost against service compared to PSU lol

Tifa

SuKKrl
Feb 16, 2010, 09:44 PM
I played a trial I got from a guy I know that has the game. I didn't think it was good enough to justify buying it.

It was quite unbalanced when I played it. (teleporting was incredibly useful, especially for running by teleporting upwards :-P - really gotta love teleporting in CO. :D)

Freshellent
Feb 17, 2010, 03:36 AM
I stopped playing a few months ago actually, after I discovered a build that could let me kill a boss in literally seconds I sorta lost the will to keep trying. Not to mention the PvP bullshit, and instance reskinning.

Fun ass game for a lot of reasons, just needs a bit more polish though.

Zorafim
Feb 17, 2010, 11:39 AM
I played it for a bit too, but... Well, the only reason i stuck with it for as long as I did was for the character creator. The balance of the game was too out of whack, which just leads to too many problems. Shame too, it's such a promising game.

Legendwolf
Feb 17, 2010, 02:05 PM
Maybe ill download it now. ^^