PDA

View Full Version : PS-0 Ventrillo

airplantfood
Feb 15, 2010, 03:47 PM
Is sending messages on game hard, and sending messages hard to do while fighting? VENT!
thats all there is, feel free to join my vent and use the rooms given to you, all are welcome.

2 of each mode rooms for any 1 to use

2 chat rooms

3 Trade rooms as trade as become qwite populer

USA, UK and JAP users welcome (english is recommended for easy communication)

Hostname or IP: ventrilo.pulsegaming.com
Port number: 3784
Password: igame

Dont have Ventrilo? heres a download link (http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php)

What is ventrilo? basicly a 24/7 phone call to multiple peaple accsessd from ya PC/Lap Recormmended u have a working head set and Micophone (setup of both may have to be ajusted for easy listing for others)

This is my own server and would appriciate it if no 1 would use this for any other use than PS-0 anless u ask and im ok with it abuse to other users and my friends will result in a ban if the reson was not funny.

(10 slot server will be increased if it becomes more popular. Fan sites may use it as well if becoems popular after getting my permision)

Noobs need more help? [email protected] add me and ill pass more Force powers to you.
P.S feel free to LMAO at my spelling.

JonseyMcFly
Feb 15, 2010, 05:52 PM
Sweet Jesus balls, That's a awesome idea.

Kirukia
Feb 15, 2010, 05:54 PM
Thats a good idea I was thinking of that. I know in a game I used to play, my friends and I would connect and talk during the wars so it's easier to play.

airplantfood
Feb 15, 2010, 06:36 PM
thanks feel free to join with ya friends any time :D

TheDarkBringers
Feb 15, 2010, 09:44 PM
great idea will make it easier to find friends that play >_<

airplantfood
Feb 16, 2010, 10:15 AM
havent had much luck atm had about 2 peaple join so far and leav after seeing no 1 on but myself, cant really do much but wait and see

Cruciarius
Feb 16, 2010, 10:53 AM
PS0 isn't the kind of game that really needs a voice chat. The pictochat-like interface is perfectly fine. Some users just need to either work on their hand writing or work on nicely made shortcuts for where to go, thanks, congrats, etc.

This isn't an MMO, where we'd need voice chat for instructing others.

airplantfood
Feb 16, 2010, 10:55 AM
merly made it for easier setup and to meet new peaple

JonseyMcFly
Feb 16, 2010, 11:15 AM
No voice chat is really nice, I don't know were you come off thinking the writing system is that good, Voice is easy you don't have to stop in the middle of what your doing to use it and you can scream at people not to activate the trap and stuff ti's easyer.

Cruciarius
Feb 16, 2010, 11:51 AM
Push to talk is the only way I'd ever use vent. With a DS, you'd need to stop playing PS0, to talk with someone.

This method is also not ideal for FC exchange.

The time you move your hand to a keyboard, to enable voice, you could have shot a trap down.

JonseyMcFly
Feb 16, 2010, 11:55 AM
You don't need to stop playing ps0 to touch a button i am ttyping amd killing at the same time

Astropuyo
Feb 16, 2010, 11:57 AM
Make push to talk ctrl or something simple and close to the lower part of the keyboard

Works fine that way, never really took a hit in the 1.2 second time it takes to hold ctrl to say "heal, man".

JonseyMcFly
Feb 16, 2010, 12:04 PM
^ Point game match.

airplantfood
Feb 16, 2010, 12:37 PM
u can easly fight with 1 hand just changing target and moving is hard
but it was merly made for easy setup of a game with friends. me having no firend who play the game is hard for me to communicate with free play and even when im with my borther it hard to talk.

yes it dose have its disadvantages of talking on vent like the push to talk but only a minor.

u can pass F/C on the chat system with new peaple

Joustin
Feb 17, 2010, 03:03 AM
Great idea, with the intent to make it easier for the community to get together.

zeital
Feb 17, 2010, 03:28 AM
i should join, but most likely wont see me on much in the week with school etc. but a great idea i hate the writing chat

YutoGenai
Feb 17, 2010, 11:30 AM
Sounds like a good idea. And yeah, I do feel constricted when I cannot talk to my friends online. So maybe this would be an idea that Sega can take into V2.

Btw, 4168-4821-2573

Dragwind
Feb 17, 2010, 03:10 PM
It can't get any easier than using one finger, knuckle, elbow, anything to hit the push-to-talk key to say something.

Communication for online gaming hardly gets any easier than this. I highly suggest using it.

Astropuyo
Feb 17, 2010, 04:13 PM
I think I'll join that channel if others are, I've noticed the BIGGEST problem communicating in PS0 is in Shop/Bank/Trade Menu's.

Really makes it hard to pass stuff on to other players when you can't communicate.

Arcanas
Feb 18, 2010, 10:23 PM
Awesome... Too bad my mic is broken. And SEGA didn't think of taking advantage of the DS/i's microphone.