PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 How awesome are the stattus effects in PSP2?

ShinMaruku
Feb 15, 2010, 05:24 PM
I enjoy how SEs work in Borderlands in the fact that I set guys on fire and they literally melt within seconds (Saving my ass with 6 second wind popping off one after the other)
is it similar in PSP2?

Weeaboolits
Feb 15, 2010, 05:37 PM
SEs are about the same as they were in PSU, though you can now be frozen and on fire at the same time for some reason.

Tycho
Feb 15, 2010, 05:39 PM
Well, people pretty much spam instant death online (extended Saika Hyouri has L3), because it's so over-powered, not to mention it ignores the higher HP online as well.
I haven't experimented too much in general, but Hoozuki is awesome for its L5 SEs too -- I got the standard HP drain on my first, but after finding another one I went for freeze (though stun would've been awesome too), as those are real life-savers against big monsters.
Haven't really tried burn much, although I imagine Vitace Reacher (whip with L4 virus) would be nice to support the death-users by lowering STA.

ShinMaruku
Feb 15, 2010, 05:50 PM
SEs are about the same as they were in PSU, though you can now be frozen and on fire at the same time for some reason.

That sounds alsmot as epic as Borderlands where acid and flame mix for comedy.

But if there is the instagibbing effects, I guess I will be power leveling that force after all...

Weeaboolits
Feb 15, 2010, 06:27 PM
Megid doesn't incap anymore, it infects, also Ramegid poisons instead of confusing now (why poison instead of infect? I think they did it to piss us off).

Pillan
Feb 15, 2010, 06:54 PM
Infection no longer decreases HP, but lowers STA instead. Also all levels of burn have been reduced to its level 1 stats in PSU, lasting longer at higher levels.

Overall, I'd say instant death for small/medium mobs and freeze/stun for large are probably the only things you'll care about. Burn sucks, poison is worse, shock/confusion doesn't work on large mobs, sleep... (enough said), and infection is only worth it to enhance the above mentioned good ones.

Doing some Endrum Remnants tests with Killer Elite (death 2) and Elemental Hit, it really only saves me about 2 minutes out of 15 in a run.

Chuck_Norris
Feb 15, 2010, 07:06 PM
I enjoy how SEs work in Borderlands in the fact that I set guys on fire and they literally melt within seconds (Saving my ass with 6 second wind popping off one after the other)
is it similar in PSP2?

I hate that shit. Some Siren is always stealing my second winds because they hit a mob with a fire revolver and ran away, leaving me to die.

ShinMaruku
Feb 15, 2010, 09:51 PM
My siren does not leave people to die however somebody did do that to me but the SE kicked ass and I ran past him near a barrel. XD

Hmm I guess the SE's have been re done I see.
I can't wait for the game to com to US since PSP is still not on the US PSN.. :(