PDA

View Full Version : HuMar or Marl?

Astropuyo
Feb 16, 2010, 01:33 PM
So I've been working on and deleting various characters ( I get bored around level 80+ without online play).

I'm fairly bored of my Hunter Newarl , not bored so's to speak. But well she's obviously dodge tank built and no matter the configuration of power/hit on mag/mats I just can't match numbers needed to do good damage and still tank.

So I've been thinking The Mar/Marl sect.

The reason for this is I simply don't like playing casts.
Casts are great for beginners in most PS games but it gets boring fast (From personal experience of PSO/PSU)

What are the main differences between a humar and humarl, is the humarl more a gimped hunter or is there something special about them? (Aside from slightly high ATA than the mar)

Thanks guys.

Sudeki
Feb 16, 2010, 01:54 PM
You sound like just like me, except about the no online play, I recently deleted my lvl 80 HUcast/lvl 35/30 other characters for a fresh start as I was bored xD, And I made a Humar as my new main, I tried Hunewm but didn't like my weapon choices, And Ever since making my HUmar, i've loved it xD, So far its lvl 60 now, leveled really fast, and is still fun

Astropuyo
Feb 16, 2010, 02:03 PM
My VERY first char on this cart was a Humar but as I was haunting these forums I was reading alot of folks planned humar so I deleted him in exchange for my Newman hunter.

Starting to think most of those screaming to be Humar's went Hucast instead.

Kirukia
Feb 16, 2010, 02:07 PM
Haha yeah tons of HUcasts.
I picked a HUnewm for my hunter and I have to admit I enjoy it. I might be a bit biased because I love newmans, but still.
It has good ata and decent atp. The higher mst lets you double as a force if you don't have one in the party. It's a versatile class and can excel at those positions given you have the right equipment.

Cruciarius
Feb 16, 2010, 02:07 PM
I'm not fond of any of the human classes, but if I had to pick between HUmar and HUmarl, I'd go with HUmarl, due to looks.

The HUmar just looks far too much like a Kingdom Hearts (I hate that game) character and doesn't look like it belongs in PS0.

Astropuyo
Feb 16, 2010, 02:15 PM
I really love my Newmans ability to sub heal and sub buff in fights like I said her biggest problem not matter the amount of power has ALWAYS been dmg. I honestly tend to just use shields as her atp is just sad (809 at level 70, with a two hander) now gear is DEFINATELY a problem for me as I don't do many S runs. But really when I team with other hunters I end up being the "bard" of the group. Mainstay support.

Been thinking of a good out and while I'll miss my Newmies really nice heals, I think in the end a marl is the best choice.

(agreed on the kingdom hearts char, to me hunter males should of been like Kai's build)

Edit: One thing I am looking forward to is extra mat use. Trading 20 mat points for small pp regen while helpful doesn't help my dps goals

Kirukia
Feb 16, 2010, 02:19 PM
Ah I use a HUnewm, which is the male version.
With a sword I have 9xx ATP, but neither my mats or mag are full power.

If you want extra mats then just go human. It's mostly preference I'd say. I don't think the stats are going to be drastically different.

Astropuyo
Feb 16, 2010, 02:25 PM
Yeah the females are heavy in EVA, I can dodge tank/guard about anything out there (aside from those damn floating droids in the factory).

Definatly going human though it's just been a torn choice between mar or marl, really looking at base stats there isn't much difference aside from ATP versus ATA.

Then again there are like subtle differences in all classes. Such as the forces the FoMars being +20% or something higher in dmg with elemental techs.

Basically trying to figure out what makes the Marl so special they made her a class in PS0

Kirukia
Feb 16, 2010, 02:30 PM
Well FOmars have nerfed healing and don't have a boost in grants.
As for hunters, it seems HUmarls are slightly more nimble (pp, ata, eva, mst) whereas HUmars are slightly more offensive (atp, def, hp).

The numbers aren't drastically different. If you really care just choose whichever stats you prefer, which is probably HUmar. If not just go with whatever you find more aesthetically pleasing. The better looking your character is the more willing you'll be to play it :p

Astropuyo
Feb 16, 2010, 02:35 PM
Yeah I can't find any info that distinguishes them apart from the Mar partners. No tech boosts, photon consumptions etc.

I'll most likely end up with a Marl given they are just two dashes up more physical than their newmie sisters. Which is good as I'm so bored with being the "Bard" role.

Seems odd not even a boost to a single buff tech like the old pso days.

WigKart
Feb 16, 2010, 02:35 PM
HUmar, Of course!:nerd:

ARChan
Feb 16, 2010, 03:21 PM
I'd say go for a HUmarl because I've never seen one online. There's too many HUmar that are named after some mainstream-anime character o_- Especially colors of the rainbow... Eesh! Not only that, HUmarl are more team oriented than HUmar, who is just a CAST wannabe with a weak tech ability.

Also, since I'm a RA fanatic, ATA is all the things I just want from my chars. Haha!

(Note: I barely ever see a fellow marl class. They're so underrated >.>; )

Kirukia
Feb 16, 2010, 03:22 PM
Lol Pinkal HUmars named Sephiroth.
IT'S AN INVASION!

ARChan
Feb 16, 2010, 03:25 PM
Lol Pinkal HUmars named Sephiroth.
IT'S AN INVASION!

-sigh- Yeah. And one guy has an Akatsuki In.

Kirukia
Feb 16, 2010, 03:29 PM
Oh god....
I'm glad I made my character's names up and/or got them from mythology.
Poor FF7. Beaten to death by it's own fans.

chibiLegolas
Feb 16, 2010, 03:30 PM
I can't seem to see that much of a difference between humar or humarl exept for gender specific armor/weapons (if there are any).
If so, I'd like to nominate the HUmarl since there really aren't enough of them around from what I've seen.

ARChan
Feb 16, 2010, 03:35 PM
I can't seem to see that much of a difference between humar or humarl exept for gender specific armor/weapons (if there are any).
If so, I'd like to nominate the HUmarl since there really aren't enough of them around from what I've seen.

There are just a few gender-specific items but much fewer for the HUmar/marl area. HUmarl can use much more armor sets than HUmar too, from my understanding.

And I totally agree with you with HUmarl being underpopulated.

Kirukia
Feb 16, 2010, 03:37 PM
I heard HUmarls are being added to the endangered species list soon.

ARChan
Feb 16, 2010, 03:38 PM
At this rate, I'm thinking about switching my HUnewearl to a HUmarl o_o

leviayurashyguy
Feb 16, 2010, 03:40 PM
HUmar's and HUmarls get the same armor and weapons, their are no gender specific sets for Humans

HUmarl Resta don't suck as much as HUmars...... but they still suck pretty badly. actually if i think about it, don't HUmarls get more MST than RAmarls? =O

anyhoo sex appeal>>>>>>>atp so obviously HUmarl is the way to go ^-^

Astropuyo
Feb 16, 2010, 03:57 PM
I've made a Humarl, So far my experience.

She hits more often with daggers than my Newmi did at her level.

She is hit a bit more often than my newmi was.

Seems like that +pp does help , while I have a pp+3 on, I'ma gonna need to find a 4.
Miss +6 per tick but I can hang with +3.

All in all the Marl seems more versatile. So far level 10. Hoping to run through trinity by this eve.

ARChan
Feb 16, 2010, 03:59 PM
HUmarl Resta don't suck as much as HUmars...... but they still suck pretty badly. actually if i think about it, don't HUmarls get more MST than RAmarls? =O

Just by 5 points. Haha!

leviayurashyguy
Feb 16, 2010, 04:03 PM
thats really peculiar since i thought the Ranger class should get more MST than the Hunter class =/

i don't think the pattern holds true for the males and the CASTs

Astropuyo
Feb 16, 2010, 04:06 PM
Yeah Newmi regen makes a big difference in photon arts, I remember NEVER using fluids in early stages with her.

Now it's a bit tougher. I need to not spam out PA's .

Which now finally dawns on me what the HUnewm are made for. PA spamming.

ARChan
Feb 16, 2010, 05:10 PM
thats really peculiar since i thought the Ranger class should get more MST than the Hunter class =/

i don't think the pattern holds true for the males and the CASTs

Maybe it's because RAmarl have a higher dodge rate than HUmarl? o_o All this time, I thought that RAmarl has a higher MST than HUmarl. However, what I'm sure of is that RAmarl have more PP than HUmarl, which puts RAmarl at a higher standing when it comes to teching without a FO weapon. Considering that RAmarl's best weapon with MST is the Goth Parasol whereas HUmarl's is the Kouga Shuriken, HUmarl beats RAmarl hands down in that accord.

leviayurashyguy
Feb 16, 2010, 05:14 PM
well EVP pattern holds true for class/race. makes you wonder if Newmans were Rangers, would they be the most OP class in the game? =o

ARChan
Feb 16, 2010, 05:18 PM
well EVP pattern holds true for class/race. makes you wonder if Newmans were Rangers, would they be the most OP class in the game? =o

I'd say that they'd dodge a whole lot but they would have the lowest ATP and ATA of the RA class. Also, their melee/gun ability would be fairly underpowered. I say they'd just be very accurate FO with tech limitations.

And how about a FO CAST? o_o

leviayurashyguy
Feb 16, 2010, 05:33 PM
FOCAST are obviously OP cuz they are the best slicer users

and they see traps...... OMFG SO BROKEN, THEY WOULD BE THE BEST BATTLE MAGES =O

ARChan
Feb 16, 2010, 05:43 PM
But wouldn't they have the lowest MST of all the FO?

(We should move this discussion to PMs because of getting off topic ^^; )

Astropuyo
Feb 16, 2010, 06:02 PM
Meh OT derailing I do all the time.

It's deserved.

Ontopic: Humarl is really fun guys, it's kind of like hunter on hard mode at the start but I can already tell in the teens that I am she's going to be a char that rarely misses.