PDA

View Full Version : Brightest idea you've ever had?

neko-chan
Mar 1, 2003, 05:02 PM
I was a kid, maybe six or seven and, watching a lot of 'toons, expecially sci-fi anime, I thought that spaceships and airplanes were travelling in the space/sky thanks to the fire that come out from their exahust systems.

So, my bright idea was to add fire to my paper airplane.

Got a little stick (from an ice cream) cutted into two parts, glued them on the back of my fancy paper airplane. After setting up the "engines", I colored the plane with my crayons, because I wanted it to look cool, cooler than ever.

After coloring, I light up the sticks and, from the balcony, launched my super colored airplane up, UP in the sky.

The airplane suddenly dropped, vertical, down, DOWN in the garden. Then, fire turned off.

I realized it was not the fire that moved the anime spaceships.

It was an awful experience. All my efforts spent building the engines and making the plane cool...

I still feel bad every time I think at my experiment.

So, what's the brightest idea you've ever had in your life?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: neko-chan on 2003-03-01 14:02 ]</font>

Subliminalgroove
Mar 1, 2003, 05:09 PM
My first experiments with distilling apple cider. Simple process of putting it in a big tub and leaving it out in the winter, covered of course. In the morning you go out and skim the ice off of the top. You repeat this process untill there is just a little fluid in the bottom.

First time I did this, after I drank it I was sick for days... let it distill to long and it was like drinking wood alcohol. Bad idea.

There are probobly some better memories for this thread, but I imagine I have squirled them away in my subconcious in order to survive daily life. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ghaleon
Mar 1, 2003, 05:15 PM
sitting on top of the trunk of a car going 50 mph.....road rash really hurts

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ghaleon on 2003-03-01 14:17 ]</font>

Subliminalgroove
Mar 1, 2003, 05:19 PM
On 2003-03-01 14:15, Ghaleon wrote:
sitting on top of the trunk of a car going 5 mph.....road rash really hurts

HAHAHA I did that too. On the roof though, clinging through the windows. I got pitched when we went around a corner at 15 mph. Rolled right into a rose bush. NEVER going to do that again.

I have no clue what posessed me to do that in the first place... Damn I was a very dumb teenager.

pixelate
Mar 1, 2003, 05:22 PM
A few years back, we were digging a hole for a new tree in the front yard. The hole 4' wide and 4' deep. All the dirt we dug out was in a huge pile in the drive way. We sifted the dirt to take out all the large rocks. One of the rocks we took out was weighed at 80 lbs. I should also mention that my mom is a nurse and we had access to rubber medical gloves.

So what does a group of kids do with rubber medical gloves, sifted dirt, shovels, an 80 lbs. boulder and a large hole do? Make a catapult! Hell yea.

We laid the shovel on the rim of the hole with the digging end hanging over the hole. Then we filled the rubber medical gloves with sifted dirt and tied them off. We placed our ammo on the handle of the shovel. For the last step in the process, we dropped the 80 lbs. boulder on the head of the shovel and watched the glove fly.

The glove reached well over 30' in height and 75' in distance, hitting the house across the street. On the initial testing shots, the glove hit non-breakable parts of the house, like above the garage door, the roof tiles, and the panelling above the first story window.

But it didn't hit anything breakable until Prof_Frink's brother came home. His brother pulled up in the driveway next door and got out of his truck. Frink yelled, "Hey, John. Watch how cool this is." The glove went right through the first story window. After that, John said, "Yea, real cool."

Best idea ever! Period!

Atari
Mar 1, 2003, 06:25 PM
the one i can remember was last year me and my friends jumped into a lake on april 1st, and i live in canada, we are talking about negative temperatures here, man that was freezing, i dont remember how cold it was, but it was really really cold, and like 2 minutes after we jumped in a huge patch of ice drifted over to where we jumped in

Abaddon
Mar 1, 2003, 06:32 PM
I posted this some while ago, but last year i was invited to my friend's youth group and they went ice-skating. There were some professional ice skaters amongst the usual mob and they were doing jumping twirling stunts.

And i had the audacity to mimick them and sprain my left leg EXTREMELY badly ^_^

That was my Act of Toolness (tm)

Davion
Mar 1, 2003, 08:21 PM
I was in the middle of a small parking lot in Canada, armed with a Golf ball. This wasn't just your typical ball either. This was a long SUPER long distance flight ball, and me (super genius) wanted to show my Dad how high I could bounce it. BAD IDEA! It went high all right. So high you couldn't see it in the sun. But when it came down, it landed not only on a car, but on a car that the car's owner and his elderly parents were getting into at the time. Thankfully, the ball didn't go through the roof, it got close though.

Tseng
Mar 1, 2003, 09:07 PM
Well I had this toy one time when I was at work. It was a toy that looked like a rubber yo-yo except the end of it was a rubber ball filled with a fluid of some sort. I practiced at it quite a bit I honed my yo-yo skills to be able to hit something quickly and have it return quickly to my hand. And so during the night I practiced my skill. When morning came the clerk, Chris, arrived and he saw the toy. I explained how I've been practicing alot and I showed him some proof.

After that he dared me to swing the ball so I hit a picture very far away. I make a few practice tries and then I lauch it at the picture. The damn thing snaps goes wild and pops my boss right in the eye as he came in.

Without a doubt sheer brilliance. >_<

Guntz348
Mar 2, 2003, 12:43 AM
I've done some pretty brillant things in my day but I'd have to say that this one takes the cake. It was back in '98 I had an 88 Trans Am GTA that I had recently totaled. An 81 year old lady cut me off and I went right into her, so it was her fault. Thats the the good part though, this is.

It all began when I bought the car back from the insurrence company. I had a decent stereo in it and some work done to the motor so I wanted to get my stuff back and see if it was actually salavagable. I had the car in my garage and my buddy came over to help me work on it. We had to take the front driver side fender, the hood and the nose off. We took all those parts off so we could get a good look at the frame, it wasn't bent that bad was it was still bent too bad to repair I think.

So now I'm pretty pissed but my freind goes 'hey I got something in my car that will make you feel better'. He walks out to his car reaches in the back seat and pulls out a bottle of clorox bleach. He makes a puddle at the end of the drive way and goes 'back her into the puddles man, I'll hit the tires when you get back here'. So I back my car into the two puddles of bleach and he procedes to soak the tires in it. Now keep in mind that this is being done on a pretty busy road at about 4.30 so the traffic is really picking up and theres a lotta people on the road. My freind then yells, 'all set bro, light 'em up!' And I do just that. The car was an automatic so I just break stood it through fourth gear for a little over a minute or so in total. There was a cloud of white smoke covering about three house lengths that was so think you couldn't see your hand if it was more then 3 inches away from your face. Traffic came to a standstill as cars just barely rolled the through the smoke. No one could see where they were going it was great.

Rather then be smart and stop, I decide that I want to lay a few strips in front my house. Kind of a lasting memory of my old car. I pull into the road, after some of the smoke started to clear, and light the tires up. I lay about a 60 foot posi shot down the road and pull into the drive way of the college thats across the street from me. Rather then pull a K-turn I just cut the wall and nail to the boards. Quick 180, no harm, no foul. Now I just wait for a car to go buy and start doing another break stand, so I could lay a strip leaving the drive way. I look to the right and see a white car coming down the hill, looked like it could be a cop but I didn't think it was. I thought wrong. I pull out of the driveway almost completely sideways, tire screaming and a think cloud of smoke trailing behind. I pull into the drive way and park the car in the garage. Look in the rear veiw mirror and sure enough a cop just pulled up to my driveway. "Awwww FUCK!" is all I can think as I shut the car off and get out.

I walk up to the cop and say "afternoon officer, whats wrong?" Bad choice of words. I knew what was wrong. He tells me to get my licence registration and insurrence card. I go to get it and it's not in the car it's in a bag of stuff I took out of the car somewhere in my house. I tell him it's inside and I have to go find it. I'm digging for the registration for about 20 minutes and then I finally find it. I go back outside and my buddys just sitting there talking to the cop. It was a good thing it took me so long because it gave the cop time to cool down. He wanted to give me reckless driving but couldn't find the code to write it on the ticket, and was much calmer now, so he let me slide with a 78 dollar fine for "Unsafe start". I totally lucked out that day and got off like I couldn't belive. I should've spent the night in jail but ended up only paying the fine.

Good times. Good times. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ness
Mar 2, 2003, 05:37 PM
My old house was near a shallow pond that was populated by a few fish. I would often beg my dad to take me fishing there, Finally when I was about 7 my dad took me fishining. We had brought the camera to take a picture of any fish I may have caught. I decided to take an underwater picture of the fish. So I stuck the camera in the water and press the button. Not only did I electricute the hell out of myself, but 3 fish floated up to the surface. We had fish for 12 days straight.

Subliminalgroove
Mar 2, 2003, 05:41 PM
On 2003-03-02 14:37, Ness wrote:
My old house was near a shallow pond that was populated by a few fish. I would often beg my dad to take me fishing there, Finally when I was about 7 my dad took me fishining. We had brought the camera to take a picture of any fish I may have caught. I decided to take an underwater picture of the fish. So I stuck the camera in the water and press the button. Not only did I electricute the hell out of myself, but 3 fish floated up to the surface. We had fish for 12 days straight.

Nice. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Though I never liked fish... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Balthor
Mar 2, 2003, 06:04 PM
Tied a rope to the back of a chevy, sat in a shopping cart, grabbed the rope.

My 2 friends being drunk didn't help either, but it was fucking fun. Cept' when you go downhill, and slam into the back of the truck because the damn truck is going to fucking slow. ::grumble:: Made a lotta heads turn.

Can't forget the classic "sitting in a chair with wheels, and fire off a fire extinguisher at school" bit.

RPC's are fun.

neko-chan
Mar 3, 2003, 05:10 PM
On 2003-03-02 14:37, Ness wrote:
Not only did I electricute the hell out of myself

This explains a lot of things... ehr sorry, just kidding.

Nice stories!
> Everyone

Even you Ness. ^_^

geewj
Mar 3, 2003, 09:04 PM
On 2003-03-01 14:22, pixelate wrote:
A few years back, we were digging a hole for a new tree in the front yard. The hole 4' wide and 4' deep. All the dirt we dug out was in a huge pile in the drive way. We sifted the dirt to take out all the large rocks. One of the rocks we took out was weighed at 80 lbs. I should also mention that my mom is a nurse and we had access to rubber medical gloves.

So what does a group of kids do with rubber medical gloves, sifted dirt, shovels, an 80 lbs. boulder and a large hole do? Make a catapult! Hell yea.

We laid the shovel on the rim of the hole with the digging end hanging over the hole. Then we filled the rubber medical gloves with sifted dirt and tied them off. We placed our ammo on the handle of the shovel. For the last step in the process, we dropped the 80 lbs. boulder on the head of the shovel and watched the glove fly.

The glove reached well over 30' in height and 75' in distance, hitting the house across the street. On the initial testing shots, the glove hit non-breakable parts of the house, like above the garage door, the roof tiles, and the panelling above the first story window.

But it didn't hit anything breakable until Prof_Frink's brother came home. His brother pulled up in the driveway next door and got out of his truck. Frink yelled, "Hey, John. Watch how cool this is." The glove went right through the first story window. After that, John said, "Yea, real cool."

Best idea ever! Period!

He's not kidding, that was the best idea ever.

Auracom
Mar 3, 2003, 09:42 PM
Last semester,I bought a pack of super glue... (can you tell were this is going) Me and my friend start super glueing shit to other shit. We started innocently glueing pen caps to tables and the floor. Then we super glue curtains together in our class room. A few tubes later the entire class room is super glued down. Desks are glued in groups of two. Vice Principle walks in,asks us "Whats going on?". My friend imediately sticks a bunch of tubes into his pocket. The Vice Principle asks "Whats that smell?" We just say we don't smell anything at all. Vice Principle says alrite and walks away. My friend then tries to take his hands out of his pocket and their stuck, along with the rest of the tubes. I just laughed, next day he had a new pair of pants. All he had to do is sweat to get the glue off. Oh ya and don't have class in that room anymore. But abunch of grade nines had to deal with everything glued down. Good times. Grade 12 kicks ass.

Kemon
Mar 4, 2003, 11:23 AM
when i was 7 me and my friends when across the street behind a friends house and they got a big ass tree 2 times bigger than a house so we made a fort after a week and lived up there during the day (SUMMER TIME) well one day we got an ideal we will make a brige from the tree to the roof on the house so we got 4 ropes made a box type this like 2 _ _
_ _
like that and put boards on it so it looked like this
- -
___ then wnet to the roof and **7 year olds cant use hammers and nails worth shit** so we tryed nailing the last part of it to the roof when we got done we tested it *sort of* so we all run back and forth on its like the 3rd time we did we all fell about 29 feet to the fucking ground we were all out for a while and finally somone found us and took use to the hospital and we checked out and That leason we leard that day is put more nails in stuff!

(((((((A LOT OF SPELLING ERRORS))))))))

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kemon on 2003-03-04 08:25 ]</font>

Bloodberry
Mar 4, 2003, 12:35 PM
Welllll, this one time long ago when I was around 6ish, my parents went off to go hiking in the Rockies for a week or so. They left behind this old lady to babysit us who at first seemed to be the typical nice, old lady you'd expect at first glance. Not so when the parents were out the door. This lady was beyond psycho, we weren't allowed to leave our rooms, we ate some form of oatmeal for EVERY meal of the day, and we were put to bed at 4pm, and those who made noise afterwards were threatened with horrible, horrible things.

So, the first thing my brother does is make like a bat out of hell for his friends house and manages to sleep over for 5 or 6 days (new record) and I'm stuck alone with the crazy lady feeding me some sort of kosher oatmeal. She yells at me for shifting my left foot wrong and informs me that young girls in her day didn't watch tv (they didn't have electricity either I'm betting.) My friend finds out at school and is like "why not just escape when she puts you to bed?" and I think "why not.." so later that day after she heads downstairs I open the window and pull out the lattice thingy. I take my obviously well made rope of paper towels and tie it to the bed, and make it about halfway out the window before the thing breaks and I plummet three stories to the friendly rose bushes below. The fun doesn't stop here. The psycho hose beast hears the noise and rushes outside with a bat and methodically prods the bushes. I wait two hours till she goes around poking everything and yelling that she'll find whoever it is before I make away to my friends -- who's already eating dinner. I dejectedly sat outside for another hour trying to figure out how to get back up. (Note: I attempted to climb a brick wall, and after several painful attempts let the beast find me. She made me eat this stuff that makes you throw up. It sucked.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bloodberry on 2003-03-04 09:38 ]</font>

Atari
Mar 4, 2003, 03:24 PM
one time when i was like 4 i thought i was indiana jones so i used a plastic skipping rope to try and climb a deck that was on the second story, well atfer climbiung about 5 feet it snapped and i landed on my arm breaking it, and my babysitter didnt know it was broken so i was playing all day with a broken arm

Blenjar
Mar 4, 2003, 03:51 PM
I dunno, don't feel like remembering it right now...I need the right music to get on in my old thoughs.

LamerPanda
Mar 4, 2003, 09:23 PM
Er, most of my ideas don't end well...

Best I can think of was when I was tossing a ball of Silly Putty around and hurled it at my brother. It landed in his hair.

He looked a lot different with a buzz cut.

Subliminalgroove
Mar 5, 2003, 12:23 AM
Damn, Bloodberry... That must have sucked. You have my sympathy.

Abaddon
Mar 5, 2003, 12:27 AM
On 2003-03-04 21:23, Subliminalgroove wrote:

Likewise.
I wouldn't wish something like that on anyone :S

Guntz348
Mar 5, 2003, 02:42 AM
On 2003-03-04 21:27, Abaddon wrote:

On 2003-03-04 21:23, Subliminalgroove wrote:

Likewise.
I wouldn't wish something like that on anyone :S

Hell yeah I agree that sounds awfull! You should've just headed for the gun safe and played "Don't Tell Mom the Babysitters Dead"! That's what I would've done o-O

Vantamiath
Mar 5, 2003, 02:49 AM
Best memories are always memories of sweet, sweet revenge...

Ok, back in Junior High our school provided an overnight field trip to a hot springs resort. We would pair up with two other friends and stay in one of the rooms. Last year (Eighth Grade) me and my pals decided to have a fun final year at the overnight trip.

Theres these three kids that are like best friends, who are complete assholes to women (still are), and are the biggest jocks in our school. Anyways, my friends conjured up a plan to embarrass the fuck out of them (many ideas ensued, such as putting the resorts animals in their bathroom). Well, we knew we would attack at night, when the morons were asleep and oblivious to anything going on. I brought my Poloroid camera along with me, and it proved to be good use...

We came into their room during the day and unlocked the sliding screen door (Not the main door, but the sliding door that goes out to the balcony) and bought a box of condoms from one of the hotel bathrooms. Around 2 AM, we went up to their floor and opened the pre-unlocked screen door. One of my "girlfriends" has an older sister, and she "borrowed" her older sisters dildo. We snuck in and put lotion on the condoms, and placed one on each of their faces. We put the "device" in one of their hands (Corey) and made it look like he was sticking it up ****'s ass.

We took alot of photos and nearly pissed our pants laughing. We wanted them to be totally unaware, so we took all the supplies back after our little prank. (Was scary, because **** almost woke up)

The entire bus ride home we showed the photos to all the kids, and the whole time we made inside jokes around the trio and they were clueless. The really funny part is they just found out about the photos around this years Xmas...

Good good times. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Mar 5, 2003, 03:06 AM
Me following vulpesmundi's telepipe trick guide (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=723):
Splat (http://users.adelphia.net/~snappurunyanko/temp/Image134.JPG)

Hunter4life
Mar 5, 2003, 10:21 AM
lol snappuru that was funny!