PDA

View Full Version : So what changes have happened to beasts exactly in PSP2

ShinMaruku
Feb 16, 2010, 09:15 PM
Were there any buffs/nerfs given that the classes are now only 4 rather than the number in PSU/AOI?
Or with the newer battle system?

kongajinken
Feb 16, 2010, 09:35 PM
Now only 4?? Not quite sure what your asking. I believe beasts are a good choice.

Pillan
Feb 16, 2010, 10:53 PM
Beast has the highest HP, ATP, and EVP. However, at extremely high levels, Casts have slightly more HP and Newmans have slightly more EVP. As humans now have the highest DFP, Beast now are the second lowest. They also swapped with Cast for lowest MST. They still have the lowest ATA and second lowest TP. They also have the second lowest PP and the lowest PP regeneration, but it isn't an issue at all as a Hunter thanks to Just Attack (which adds 20 PP per hit with a properly timed basic attack).

They also have two new Nano Blasts, both of which can switch to a berserk state if you kill enough enemies while using them.

As a Hunter, Beast won't really have accuracy issues unless you're using low ATA melee weapons (double saber, axe, slicer, whip), low rank gear, or low accuracy arts on higher level mobs. With ATA now affecting ranged damage and Beast's low PP regeneration, they are clearly the weakest Rangers. Also they'll really suffer as a Force due to PP constraints and low ATA, requiring them to constantly rely upon high accuracy melee weapons to regenerate it. The Braver class accents Beast stats very well, allowing them to play the ultimate sword and shield combo (the class boasts higher HP, ATP, ATA, and EVP).

ShinMaruku
Feb 16, 2010, 11:14 PM
Hmm so I was thinking to have a beast hunter newman force and whatever braver but it does seem that beasts benefit from braver too.. Hmmm...

Mike
Feb 16, 2010, 11:23 PM
The black nanoblast can team kill, so you need to watch out when you play online with it. It's no fun being killed by one of your teammates.

ShinMaruku
Feb 16, 2010, 11:44 PM
That makes the black nanoblast epic. I already plan to gib my cousin with it. XD
But that's good to hear, I guess I'll use it only when I am to my own side then....

Izuna
Feb 17, 2010, 08:16 AM
stats bla bla bla...

Looking at Statistics is silly, for example: BRnewm vs BRmar on Bel Pannons

BRmar can take 4 ice hits at level x, BRnewm can only take 3.
The ATP difference is only a factor on time. Despite this, newmans can use the escape more, but BRmar can use PP boosting abilities that, depending on the player, will make the PP difference neglectable. In the end, if you can dodge good, BRnewm get to use a couple more ability points because of the less sacrifices it has to make to boost PP.

Never played as a beast, but I'm sure that the less PP and higher HP balances out -- as I said, ATP doesn't matter, like, at all, when it comes to survival. + Beasts don't get mirage blasts, but they can use the invincibility beast form.

It depends on the mission; the enemies; weapon types, and what the party is like.

Just be what you feel like being. The balancing is ace between races and sexes.

Deragonite
Feb 17, 2010, 11:35 AM
Beasts are even cuter in this game!

Pillan
Feb 17, 2010, 12:00 PM
Looking at Statistics is silly, for example: BRnewm vs BRmar on Bel Pannons

BRmar can take 4 ice hits at level x, BRnewm can only take 3.

I could have told you that from looking at the stats. Human has more HP and more MST, so you'd expect it takes more tech casts to kill them...

How do you think this game works, exactly?

ShinMaruku
Feb 17, 2010, 06:49 PM
Beasts are even cuter in this game!
Now when I see a beast the damn song "I can transfrom ya pops into my head..."

Izuna
Feb 17, 2010, 08:05 PM
I could have told you that from looking at the stats. Human has more HP and more MST, so you'd expect it takes more tech casts to kill them...

How do you think this game works, exactly?

I was saying that even though you can find that info when looking at stats, when it comes to gameplay it may or may not make any difference. You may die because of it, or you may not.

I think the stat differences will only make a large difference if you're playing solo and on some higher level game, (like the multi-mode missions made for multiple people).

THOTH
Feb 17, 2010, 09:51 PM
Beast forces are not that bad. You have an extra slot unit and can stick a 25+ ata unit where a photon blast/mirage/suv would have went to help. Plus Zalure/jellen reduce enemy evasion therefore making you more accurate. With braver like ATP and TP that's still higher then any non-force, beasts make fine forces that play like FOmar in PSO used to.

Just use techs as finishing moves mostly and use more accurate weapons.

Also use HP and ATA units... easy, right?

Edit in:
Also as said elsewhere, female beasts and male humans end up with the exact same teching abilities (PP regain/TP) and thus the male beast dip isn't much lower.

ShinMaruku
Feb 21, 2010, 02:05 AM
I'll probably rock a Beast hunter/Braver.