PDA

View Full Version : Stat trends: what is so often asked about this type vs. that

pkrockin
Feb 17, 2010, 08:24 PM
I see questions around regarding what's the difference between this or that class, which gender's better, etc., so I thought I'd share this info.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1125&pictureid=12668

Males have an edge in HP, Power, and Guard. Females have higher PP, Evade, Hit (save for one example), and Mind. Within a class, CASTs have higher HP, Power, Guard, and Hit; Newmans have higher PP, Evade, and Mind. Humans, being human, are in-between. Also, I think the totals column is interesting, but it really doesn't show who's "best" or "worst."

So, if you're ever wondering what class/gender/race is better at what stats, here you go. There's equipment availability at high levels to consider as well, but this can answer many questions.

Kirukia
Feb 17, 2010, 08:27 PM
There are other bonuses.
Male Forces have nerfed healing but more powerful barta/zonde/foie. FOmarls have grants boost and FOnewearls have megid boost. Newman have PP regen and CASTs have HP regen.

pkrockin
Feb 17, 2010, 08:38 PM
True, though my focus was on stat differences. Especially among the Forces are there extra bonuses. Specifically:

All FOs take 75% less damage from technique attacks
FOmar: 20% bonus to 20% boost to Foie, Barta and Zonde techs
FOmarl: boosts to Grants and Resta
FOnewm: 15% boost to attack techs, reduction to Resta
FOnewearl: boosts to Megid and Resta

Chaos Rappy
Feb 17, 2010, 08:43 PM
The thing about male Forces having nerfed healing: untrue. Only FOnewms receive the penalty to Resta. FOmar's Resta power is untouched.

Also, another thing on that, FOmar's are the one who only gets a 20% Foie/Barta/Zonde boost. FOnewm receives a 15% boost in ALL damaging techs (meaning Megid and Grants included).

Kirukia
Feb 17, 2010, 08:45 PM
Orly? I couldn't remember if it was both or one of them, so I just said both just in case.
PS: Going to try out the Riverman. Just got my ranger to 42.

Ice Sniper
Feb 17, 2010, 08:46 PM
Oh don't forget that humans get 20 more mats to help make up for no regens and that they dont excel in any particular stats.

Kirukia
Feb 17, 2010, 08:47 PM
Lol yeah, and that CASTs use traps and can't learn techniques.
Also Forces can learn up to level 15 techs and other class up to 10 (excluding CASTs obviously)

pkrockin
Feb 17, 2010, 08:52 PM
Oh don't forget that humans get 20 more mats to help make up for no regens and that they dont excel in any particular stats.

I think that was covered when I said humans are "in-between."

I'm surprised that people have mentioned so many of the racial bonuses. I only made the post because this site's stat comparison tables aren't very easy to utilize, so I thought I'd explain the most important conclusions made from comparing level 100 stats across all the character types. Everything else is pretty well spelled out on each type's page.