PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Do Freeze EX traps exist in psp2?

VorpalLord
Feb 17, 2010, 10:23 PM
If so how do you unlock them?

BioWarrior
Feb 18, 2010, 12:04 AM
Pretty sure were stuck with burn and stun for ex traps sadly...

Pillan
Feb 18, 2010, 09:26 AM
Braver is already considered too powerful with 8. They don't need to add another 4. And, if given the choice between keeping freeze or stun, wouldn't you choose stun anyway?

VorpalLord
Feb 18, 2010, 10:23 AM
Hmm well in psu freeze was the best no question, because stun would move the enemys away from the trap and freeze would make them stay. In psp2 I havent noticed stun do that, but given the choice of burn and freeze id choose freeze.

There are a lot of ways they could have balanced the traps and not take freeze away or even add more EX traps imo.

Pillan
Feb 18, 2010, 01:07 PM
I suppose I should have clarified earlier. Given that stun doesn't have knock-back issues, would you ever choose freeze over stun?

As far as burn versus freeze, I'm sure most everyone would choose freeze after how they nerfed the burn status effect. But I'd argue that it wouldn't be fair for Braver to be able to keep 8 mob groups frozen or stunned so easily, given that almost every large mob can be affected by one of the two.

And rebalancing is always a possibility, but do you really want it? Lower the quantity, lower the damage, or lower the usefulness. Braver would most likely be down to 4 burn, 2 freeze, and 2 stun or the damage would be cut in half for the 12. Honestly, I like it the way it is right now: 4 stun for the 4 major large mob issues I'll have each run and 4 burn for the boss or whatever I feel like.

If I were to rebalance it, I'd probably get rid of Stun EX and replace it with something like Poison EX or Charm EX, so that you'd just benefit from the damage, not the effect.

VorpalLord
Feb 18, 2010, 01:54 PM
An idea I had was to have most of the effects (poison,charm,confuse,freeze,virus) have EX traps along with stun and burn, but bravers would only be able to have two different types in their inventory. Or maybe start off with only 1 and there is a type ability to be able to buy 2.

Izuna
Feb 18, 2010, 03:57 PM
An idea I had was to have most of the effects (poison,charm,confuse,freeze,virus) have EX traps along with stun and burn, but bravers would only be able to have two different types in their inventory. Or maybe start off with only 1 and there is a type ability to be able to buy 2.

haha! EX TRAPS are like mini [overpowered] suvs -- they're very broken, I think 8 traps a mission is too much!

VorpalLord
Feb 18, 2010, 05:01 PM
haha! EX TRAPS are like mini [overpowered] suvs -- they're very broken, I think 8 traps a mission is too much!

I didn't state the amount of traps per type in my idea... 0.o

Plus I think using type points to be able to use another type of EX trap would balance it out a little at least.

Untamed Dragoon
Feb 19, 2010, 12:17 AM
They should of just left freeze ex traps in psp2.....I miss it. Besides, setting of freeze ex and stun ex off at the same time really gives off cool visual effects...lol Btw.......8 ex traps aren't enough....I want 10 per EX Trap type......like in psu......lol >.> And.....virus, or poison ex traps for new types of ex traps....or maybe a healing ex trap that heals you and your teammates for a limited time.....XD Broken! lol >.>

Deragonite
Feb 19, 2010, 09:08 PM
The very idea of giving Bravers more EX traps made me vomit a little.

VorpalLord
Feb 19, 2010, 09:53 PM

They could have balanced the three traps instead of removing the coolest one >.>

Chuck_Norris
Feb 19, 2010, 10:00 PM
They could have balanced the three traps instead of removing the coolest one >.>

...Hah!

Pillan
Feb 20, 2010, 10:08 AM

The class with 10% weaker photon art caps and 10% weaker stats specializing in 10% weaker weapons clearly doesn't deserve any sort of bonus... It works very well in theory until you devalue tech and/or ranged attacks.