PDA

View Full Version : Party members and you (NPCs)

Arcanas
Feb 18, 2010, 02:36 AM
Alright, I've seen this spoken of very lightly in some threads, but i'm curious if you bringing along NPCs will affect item drop rates at all?
Reason I ask, I've got some weapons I want, but with my luck all I seem to get are force weapons...
Now, I usually bring 3 others, but I'm contemplating solo runs now... Would it make any difference?

The_Pup
Feb 18, 2010, 03:09 AM
NPCs don't affect drop rate as far as I know.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173168

Here.

Arcanas
Feb 18, 2010, 03:17 AM
Thank you for that. Now I just need people to play with...

Also, you think there is a difference between local multi-player and wi-fi?

Astropuyo
Feb 18, 2010, 03:27 PM
Not that anyone can tell.

SilverFoxR
Feb 19, 2010, 10:22 PM
I don't think it effects drops... but it's nice to have a little cannon fodder around, amiright? XD

One advantage I find to have NPC partners is that they can help find enemies... especially in the Makara Ruins (dam moles). And, of course, I often use them to distract enemies while I go into a more convenient position to do some serious damage.

Normally, I bring Sarisa (best NPC of the 3), Kai and Reve... Kai's good enough to occasionally relieve stat ailments and Reve often uses Zonde techs and paralyzes the opponent. Sarisa, well... she's just the best overall. She freezes, does more damage overall and most importantly, she heals and sometimes revives.

rhubarbot
Feb 19, 2010, 10:32 PM
I wish you could just bring Sarisa and like two of her sisters or something. Kai constantly tries to kill you with his incompetency, and Reve constantly tries to kill himself. And Ogi..... he's actually not that bad, the best survivor out of the three much of the time. But of course, he singlehandedly prevents you from using Safety First.

Arcanas
Feb 19, 2010, 10:45 PM
Lol I usually bring along Sarisa, Ogi, and Reve.

During the SH ET run that I'm right now, I'm really not surprised anymore if Reve ends up dead. Sarisa tends to melee more than cast, and Ogi...well, in my game he's just as incompetent as Kai is, shooting Burn Traps as I run by them -_-

I wish there was a better way to tell the AI what to do, like...the system they have in the Tales series of games, or hell, even Secret of Mana.

And then the option of turning off certain techs and such...but that's just me.

SneakySneaky
Feb 19, 2010, 10:56 PM
PSZ's npc is foolish on surviving. They really know how to fight but lack of ATK and watch at those damage numbers is a pain to players....
If it's not for titles... I won't even bring them on story mode. Anyway I need them to lure enemies out of me so it's the same to bring them or not.

Arcanas
Feb 19, 2010, 11:00 PM
Perfect example...I just finished fighting an Akzerian on floor 91 of SH ET...I'm the only survivor...

The_Pup
Feb 20, 2010, 12:16 AM
Aside from being amused by them, I use them as PB fuel. Get them to a room full of cannon fodder at the second half of runs and babysit them so they build up PB to unleash chains on bosses.

Arcanas
Feb 22, 2010, 12:43 AM
I wonder though, when you're running though the story missions and what not, which NPC's do you bring along with you?

HeartBreak301
Feb 22, 2010, 01:04 AM
Usually Sarisa, Kai and Reve for me. Ogi aggravates me by shooting all the traps. Also, when I hit level 92 Sarisa and Kai went into retard mode. Sarisa just runs at the enemies pushing them away from me and Kai dies more than Reve now!

Chaos Rappy
Feb 22, 2010, 01:20 AM
Sarisa, Kai, and Reve. Sarisa for being the best NPC and her healing, Kai for his buffs and huge HP, and Reve because he can take care of himself and heal/anti when he needs it (for the most part). Ogi disrupts hit detection with his laser cannon, can't heal, is a ranger instead of a meatshield, has lower HP than SARISA (I think; might have to confirm that), and can't really do anything for himself...

GantzDetainee
Feb 22, 2010, 02:36 AM
No its doesn't affect your drop rate if you bring npcs or not.I've tried doing SH ET runs with and without Npcs and didn't see any difference in drop rate pattern.Its much better to bring Npc's since they help in diversion and PB chains.

SilverFoxR
Feb 22, 2010, 03:56 AM
As I said before, I normally bring Sarisa, Kai and Reve with me. I used to opt for Ogi over Reve... but I later decided that as stupid as Reve is, he has his moments... and he does seem to do a bit more damage overall.

Sarisa = Healer, spell-caster and probably the strongest of the three. If she dies, I revive her.

Kai = Status man. He buffs once in a while, but he also uses Anti pretty often. I don't care if he dies. (EDIT: He sometimes uses Moon Atomizers on the party, saving me from needing to revive Sarisa!)

Reve = Backup. His damage is okay, but where he excels is when he uses Zonde techs... mainly because he often stuns the enemy with it. Again, I don't care if he dies.

A while back, I was doing a boss fight (can't remember which at the moment). It was a little bit of a struggle, but when it was all over, I saw that only Sarisa and I had survived. At this point, I uttered those famous words...

"...and nothing of value was lost."

FOmarRashidi
Feb 22, 2010, 05:40 AM
I've noticed Reve does a weak heal too like Kai does every now and then. Reve does complain about wasting his time though when he heals though.

SilverFoxR
Feb 22, 2010, 03:17 PM
I've noticed Reve does a weak heal too like Kai does every now and then. Reve does complain about wasting his time though when he heals though.

LOL there was this one time where Reve put his foot in his mouth while playing in Rioh Snowfield and it was hillarious. You know how the NPCs normally say something when mobs spawn and it usually hints at if there's a strong monster, just weaker monsters or mutants in the group? Well, after killing a bunch of monsters, another mob spawned. Reve said "Weaklings..." about the group, but standing right behind him was one of those big guys (can't remember which version). Heck, the thing was so close, it practicly was breathing down his flimsy outfit! XD

Arcanas
Feb 22, 2010, 03:20 PM
Lol. I recall playing on SH, and Reve said he could handle it by himself. So I sat back, and let him handle it.

He died...and I laughed. While slaughtering the Usanannys that had owned the party ^_^