PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Can you use NPCs in Internet Multimode?

BahnKnakyu
Feb 18, 2010, 03:03 AM
See above.

I'm assuming no. My friend and I have been hurting doing dual runs because of the ridiculously increased HP and we were hoping we could add NPCs to offset that.

Anyone have any idea?

DoubleJG
Feb 18, 2010, 03:08 AM
Nope, no NPCs in internet mode.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Feb 18, 2010, 03:56 AM
Nope, no NPCs in internet mode.

Yeah you can. ;x
You just invite them like you normally would. Whenever my friend and I duo, we bring them along for shielding purposes.

Pillan
Feb 18, 2010, 09:23 AM
You can use them in ad-hoc mode. You can't use them in online mode.

VorpalLord
Feb 18, 2010, 10:27 AM
0.o

I've had NPCs online in my party...my partner machine at least.

What you have to do is set the Max players allowed to join to 3 ( if you want 1 NPC) then invite the NPC as you normally would.

Pillan
Feb 18, 2010, 12:57 PM
Well, I learned something new today. Yeah, you can add 4-[max players] NPCs to your party.

DoubleJG
Feb 18, 2010, 04:12 PM
Ah, so it has to do with the max number of players.

DarK-SuN
Feb 18, 2010, 05:44 PM
You can use them in online mode if you reduce the party size.
If you set your team size to, for example, 2 players, you can fill the remaining slots with NPCs.
Basically you're just "reserving" player slots, if you don't reserve them, they're open for NPCs.

BahnKnakyu
Feb 18, 2010, 11:59 PM
You can use them in online mode if you reduce the party size.
If you set your team size to, for example, 2 players, you can fill the remaining slots with NPCs.
Basically you're just "reserving" player slots, if you don't reserve them, they're open for NPCs.

If you don't "reserve" them, can those remaining slots be filled by players anyway?

Untamed Dragoon
Feb 19, 2010, 12:09 AM
If you don't "reserve" them, can those remaining slots be filled by players anyway?

No, once you set it, it's set. Any slot open for npcs can't be filled with real players. So, if you really want npcs in your party online, 1 or 2 is better. Wlan mode, well go all out. Invite em all.