PDA

View Full Version : Hey! Im new, sort of!

Nenheb
Feb 18, 2010, 06:12 PM
Gosh been ages since i have played PSO. Used to play all the time on the gamecube and randomly came across the DS game on a website 2 days before the eu release :o.

I've had it ordered for a week but seems alot of online retailers havent managed to stock it (and even high street stores), so ordered elsewhere and now its finally been dispatched. Woohoo.

So afew questions, sorry if this isnt the right place to do it . (and i made you suffer the history too ;) )

Whats the "best" character to use as my first one on this, i used to have a soft spot for a RAcast or Fomarl back in the day, these a viable first chars? Or will i need to have someone more steady to go collect mats and make a mag to pass on?

Second question! If i play offline, i can use the same character as online right? (not like that god awful PSU on the xbox 360)

Thanks in advance for the help, im actually stupidly excited about this game arriving tommorow... and i really dont know why, PSO was so frustrating at points! endless Tower runs for stupid red boxes... Oh the memories.

ARChan
Feb 18, 2010, 06:17 PM
Gosh been ages since i have played PSO. Used to play all the time on the gamecube and randomly came across the DS game on a website 2 days before the eu release :o.

I've had it ordered for a week but seems alot of online retailers havent managed to stock it (and even high street stores), so ordered elsewhere and now its finally been dispatched. Woohoo.

So afew questions, sorry if this isnt the right place to do it . (and i made you suffer the history too ;) )

Whats the "best" character to use as my first one on this, i used to have a soft spot for a RAcast or Fomarl back in the day, these a viable first chars? Or will i need to have someone more steady to go collect mats and make a mag to pass on?

Second question! If i play offline, i can use the same character as online right? (not like that god awful PSU on the xbox 360)

Thanks in advance for the help, im actually stupidly excited about this game arriving tommorow... and i really dont know why, PSO was so frustrating at points! endless Tower runs for stupid red boxes... Oh the memories.

Hehe. Okay, here's a link for one of those tier listings that I made a long time ago. Just scroll down until you see my post ^^

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173635

Nenheb
Feb 18, 2010, 06:22 PM
Cheers , looks like FOmarl it is :)

ARChan
Feb 18, 2010, 06:25 PM
Cheers , looks like FOmarl it is :)

Just know that the high tiers are more solo ability, low tiers are team compatibility, and mid tiers are more balanced. Knowing that... What'll you pick? ^^; Will you reconsider?

FOmarRashidi
Feb 18, 2010, 06:26 PM
Good choice, Nenheb. If you're using a Force, then be sure to check out the Forces of Nature club.

Nenheb
Feb 18, 2010, 07:17 PM
Just know that the high tiers are more solo ability, low tiers are team compatibility, and mid tiers are more balanced. Knowing that... What'll you pick? ^^; Will you reconsider?

Nope, my mind is made up. (for now anyway!)

I like the idea of something i can get used to the game with solo so shes perfect.

Dragwind
Feb 18, 2010, 08:21 PM
Any class is really easy enough to start off with, especially if you have previous Phantasy Star experience. Also your same characters are used offline and online, but don't expect online play to always be a legit playing ground.

Ice Sniper
Feb 18, 2010, 08:34 PM
^

Im going to assume you are talking about free play, I would like to think we weeded out most of the cheaters from our community.

Nenheb
Feb 20, 2010, 08:15 AM
Loving my little FOmarl. Managed to get some 45 Hit Saber or something so its fun charging in with that.

This is such a nooby question but how do i unlock new areas? The only quest listed is one i have already done. And i have completed both of the levels avaliable for normal free play, what do i have to do to get to the next one?

Kootei
Feb 20, 2010, 08:41 AM
To unlock new areas you got to do story quests, though to unlock the 4th area you'll need to do like 5 quest which is very long, after that you'll unlock a new area at each quest.

There is 7 areas plus the eternal tower which is a 100 fields zones including all monsters and bosses with different drops.

Also you'll unlock the hard mode after beating the game once in normal, then the super hard mode.
I didn't went that far in the game, and never heard about it but we can see 4 slots in the difficulty selection in free play so I guess there's a ultimate mode too.

Anyway that's kinda boring that you HAVE to play alone to unlock new things to play online, but hey, still better than PSU =P

Anyway, feel free to add me, I'll be glad to play online with you, plus I'm not super high level yet =).

Oh, and I almost forgot. WELCOME !

Nenheb
Feb 20, 2010, 08:50 AM
Ah wierd, it wasnt giving me a new quest but i turned off and turned on again and its there!

Thanks , i will add you when ive found my feet offline abit more hehe.

Lancen
Feb 20, 2010, 09:05 AM
I just made a FOmarl since I've always OCDed about having one character per class since the old PSO Dreamcast days. xD FOnewearl is my favorite from the Force class but their clothing colors are completely hideous so I decided to go with FOmarl just like my main character back to PSO GC days ^.^