PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Easily missed commands

kongajinken
Feb 18, 2010, 07:37 PM
Thought I would make a post like this to see if there is any commands I missed. I'll start..

Hold start+select to skip cut-scenes
Hold circle+down to auto-skip text speech

Tycho
Feb 18, 2010, 08:21 PM
It's just start, for both.
There's also holding square while scrolling (esp. for the bank) for quick scrolling.
Pressing triangle to select a sorting method (like in PSU).
Pressing select, then fourth option to order NPCs to heal.
Selecting an item, then third option to send it to the box (like for if you found a scape, or if you're too lazy to go to the store between runs).

Oh, out of the options, I think by default it's set to not showing any player names, so that's something you might miss easily as well (translations here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173196&page=4)).

SammaeltheDark
Feb 18, 2010, 08:35 PM
took me a while to realize start skips dialog, cutscenes, and goes straight to the next conversation response choice. 'cause in PSPo it was instant when you press Start, but in PSP2 you have to hold it for a second.

Two others that took me a while are:
-When entering Japanese, hitting Triangle brings up the kanji choices for what you wrote. I knew it had to be in there, I just had to keep guessing at which button it was.
-There are actually 2 different pages of English characters in the software keyboard. The first one is a fixed-width font while the second page looks normal.

Tycho
Feb 19, 2010, 12:05 PM
* Also, holding circle makes you pick up anything automatically (but if you just quickly press it you do a dodge, so just hold it) -- for some reason I start doing this at the moment I expect something to die, even when I'm still in the middle of a PA.
* More importantly, when using just the first hit of Boga Rampa, you'll probably wanna press R to cancel the animation immediately. This time you get the good damage from the first hit without leaving yourself vulnerable. Results in nice DPS.

kongajinken
Feb 19, 2010, 07:52 PM
I figured there was a way to auto pick up just never found it.

Deragonite
Feb 19, 2010, 09:11 PM
Square is a rarely used button now.

The only time it's used is with the Instant Death rifle and to plant Traps. Most people only use Triangle with Shizuru's Twin Daggers.

Tycho
Feb 20, 2010, 09:04 AM
How about using square to combo? Or are you saying everything's already dead due to traps anyway? :b